Fal J. M. Skywalker

John Powell's How To Train Your Dragon (3): The Hidden World

Apparently there's going to be a Christmas special coming out this year, How to Train Your Dragon: Homecoming. John Traunwieser is set to score it. I'm not familiar with the name, but apparently he's worked on an absolute ton of stuff. So I'm doubtful there will even be a release of the music.

On a similar topic - does anyone watch that Netflix HTTYD series? Is the music any good on it? Or just typical filler music.

FYC site is up:

https://universalpicturesawards.com/how-to-train-your-dragon/score

1.Rescue Mission
2.Busy Busy Berk
3.Marry Her
4.Grimmel’s Terms
5.Legend Has It
6.Mysterious Creature
7.Toothless In Love / Dart Trap
8.Grimmel Visit / First Fight
9.Town Hall Speech / Exodus
10.Forbidden Courtship
11.Toothless Flies Alone
12.Near Miss Valka
13.Romance in the Clouds
14.Ambush
15.Cage Fight
16.Stronger Together
17.Into the Hole
18.The Hidden World
19.With Love Comes Loss
20.The Hiccup I Know
21.Armada Battle - Part 1
22.Armada Battle - Part 2
23.Ultimate Sacrifice
24.Freedom
25.Viking Wedding
26.Boat Epilogue
27.Finale

I had a feeling there wasn't much missing from the OST for this one, but wow I didn't realize just how little! Unless of course there was music left off of both releases, but to be fair unlike the first two films I haven't really compared. But hearing the slim new material from this FYC, I'm not real disappointed any of it was left off.

Now if only we could have had an FYC for Solo... [crime of the century]...

2 minutes ago, scallenger said:

Unless of course there was music left off of both releases,

There was, people in this thread are mentioning a big Alpha theme statement for example.

11 hours ago, Holko said:

There was, people in this thread are mentioning a big Alpha theme statement for example.

That is the most note-worthy unreleased cue, as far as I can remember from watching the movie.

There's a really great cue missing from both versions - it's the Hidden World Theme right after Hiccup, Astrid, Toothless (and Astrid's Dragon) escape the Hidden World, it's a lovely sombre rendition of the theme on horns and was one of the cues I was looking forward to listening to after seeing the film. 

An ideal release would be one mega How To Train Your Dragon - The Soundtrack Collection comprising all three complete scores - but that's a dream.

On 11/19/2019 at 9:40 AM, Fargo said:

Apparently there's going to be a Christmas special coming out this year, How to Train Your Dragon: Homecoming. John Traunwieser is set to score it. I'm not familiar with the name, but apparently he's worked on an absolute ton of stuff. So I'm doubtful there will even be a release of the music.

On a similar topic - does anyone watch that Netflix HTTYD series? Is the music any good on it? Or just typical filler music.

According to 5 Cat Studio's Facebook page the score is mixed by Traunwiesser and scored by Anthony Willis.

On 11/26/2019 at 3:19 AM, Arpy said:

An ideal release would be one mega How To Train Your Dragon - The Soundtrack Collection comprising all three complete scores - but that's a dream.

My ultimate dream is a concert album compiling highlights from the trilogy.