Jump to content

What are your favorite shots in a movie?


John
 Share

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, SteveMc said:

Insiders tip, @TheMagicFlute, you can copy an image and directly paste it onto the board.  Nifty ability.

 

Ok, let me try this copy/paste.

 

One of my favorite shot from Days of Heaven (1980). BTW, the whole film is beautifully photographed.

 

image.png

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Immensely beautiful in the way it's shot.  I love that glow just before sunset, and Malick really used it to its full potential.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, SteveMc said:

Insiders tip, @TheMagicFlute, you can copy an image and directly paste it onto the board.  Nifty ability.

 

No need, I posted several Third Man shots a while back. ;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, TheUlyssesian said:

 

Careful. The secret service sometimes reads and tracks these things.

So!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

which reminds me!

 

Not so much a shot but a single, long take.the-hobbit1-movie-screencaps.com-2302.jp

 

Great lighting on this one:

the-hobbit1-movie-screencaps.com-4246.jp

 

Another long-take, ending with the door very pertinently in focus:

 

the-hobbit1-movie-screencaps.com-4523.jp

 

hobbit-smaug-movie-screencaps.com-4307.j

 

I always find this moment intensely moving:

hobbit-smaug-movie-screencaps.com-9625.jpg (1920�800)

 

hobbit-smaug-movie-screencaps.com-10296.

 

Great reveal:

hobbit-smaug-movie-screencaps.com-16559.

 

hobbit-smaug-movie-screencaps.com-17323.

 

hobbit-smaug-movie-screencaps.com-20863.

 

hobbit-5-armies-movie-screencaps.com-513

 

hobbit-5-armies-movie-screencaps.com-10923.jpg (1920�800)

 

hobbit-5-armies-movie-screencaps.com-132

 

This is by no means an exhaustive list.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, dougie said:

 

I've told him all this before. He never listens!

You're a foreigner whose opinion doesn't matter. Add to the fact I said nothing wrong. Despite that piece of shit being elected the ability to dissent is still my right. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, JoeinAR said:

You're a foreigner whose opinion doesn't matter.

 

Bloody xenophobe. You're like the producers of The Bold and the Beautiful who introduce non-American actors and their accent is a novelty for a while until the Forrester management says "try talking more American", then suddenly they're speaking with a fake American accent, which is even less believable when they're in the heat of a passionate argument with someone and their character somehow holds onto that phoney accent? Puh-lease!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, dougie said:

 

Bloody xenophobe. You're like the producers of The Bold and the Beautiful who introduce non-American actors and their accent is a novelty for a while until the Forrester management says "try talking more American", then suddenly they're speaking with a fake American accent, which is even less believable when they're in the heat of a passionate argument with someone and their character somehow holds onto that phoney accent? Puh-lease!

Perhaps is you became naturalized I would consider you opinion about the president. Btw your pictures with gidrah have a dream like quality 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, JoeinAR said:

Perhaps is you became naturalized I would consider you opinion about the president. Btw your pictures with gidrah have a dream like quality 

 

What about my views on The Bold and the Beautiful?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I sympathize with you. We have to suffer through the same thing like Brits playing American roles.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Richard said:

Yeah, but we do it better.

No you don't.  Henry Cavill sucked being Superman

 

Chris Reeve did not.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines.