John Williams & the Vienna Philharmonic: January 18/19 2020

Ricard

13 minutes ago, Mr. Breathmask said:

I just received an email from the airline saying that our flight is delayed. All other information systems still list it as "on schedule".

I wonder if they're about to let us board and then sit on the tarmac for two hours. 

I guess i was lucky. When i arrived at Schiphol my flight was delayed for an hour, and suddenly it wasn't.

11 minutes ago, Mr. Breathmask said:

I just received an email from the airline saying that our flight is delayed. All other information systems still list it as "on schedule".

I wonder if they're about to let us board and then sit on the tarmac for two hours. 

Sitting on the tarmac right now...one more  hour delay as apparently there’s a cue for landing in Vienna. Anyway as long I get to Vienna by tomorrow I’m not complaining!

I hope everyone flying tomorrow has less problems...

5 minutes ago, Mr. Breathmask said:

Well, we're on board, but we were just told we might need to wait another two hours to depart. Oh well. I'm glad we didn't decide to fly on Saturday. 

Which flight are you on?

The 10:55 Level flight.

Looking at the departure schedule out of Amsterdam, there's still two flights to Vienna scheduled before us that haven't left yet. So it looks like we'll be waiting here for a while.

11 minutes ago, Mr. Breathmask said:

The 10:55 Level flight.

Looking at the departure schedule out of Amsterdam, there's still two flights to Vienna scheduled before us that haven't left yet. So it looks like we'll be waiting here for a while.

Yes I’m in front of you😄 still on the ground

2 minutes ago, Mr. Breathmask said:

Are you on the Austrian or the KLM flight?

I'll try to wave as you take off. :lol:

KL1845

👍🏼😊

3 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Neither of you considered the very cheap 7:00 EasyJet flight?

not really...I prefer KLM

2 minutes ago, Mr. Breathmask said:

That would have meant a 3:00 a.m. alarm clock. So no.

My alarm went at 4:00. I hear ya.

1 minute ago, MSM said:

not really...I prefer KLM

I prefer cheap flights. :)

19 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Its less than 1,5 years and stop jinxing!

Stefancos - checking www.dirkbrosse.com every hour 

Hahah - at least we’re getting Williams pics rehearsing with the orchestra this time.. were there ever any pics of him on his fateful visit to London?

On 1/15/2020 at 6:45 PM, Martinland said:

Anyway - will we see each other after the concert?

In any case, I like your avatar, Pawel - it was one of my earlier, treasured albums; listened to it over and over again right after it came out - and I adore the cover artwork by Drew, my favourite poster artist; even did a blow-up/poster of sorts from it, right in the early 90s. ;)

Thank you Martinland! :)

It was my first CD, bought in 1996 - previously I had a few Williams' soundtracks on cassettes :) As for the meeting, as I use the hospitality of my cousin and his family, I don't plan any meetings after the concerts - it wouldn't be too elegant on my part to leave them like that on Saturday. And on Sunday I'm leaving Vienna very soon after the concert. Although I'm sure JWFan Vienna meeting will be wonderful! :)

I wish you and everyone present the most beautiful concert in your life! :)

7 hours ago, St0rMl0rD said:

I'm sure it will be audio recorded, as Anne-Sophie confirmed that.

Anne-Sophie confirmed in interview two months ago that the concerts will also be filmed. I hope it wasn't her wishful thinking and she knew what she was saying. :)

Yes, I will be his guest artist. That’s so amazing, isn’t it? I mean, this is John Williams’ European debut! Other than in London, he has never conducted in the Old World. Everything will be filmed and recorded, it’s going to be spectacular.

I really hope they release a CD. Based on Anne-Sophie's relationship with Deutsche Grammophon, as well as DG showing this past year that they're willing to release JW albums (both the Dudamel and ASM albums), I'd say there's a strong possibility. The fact that this is such a historic event for Williams would increase the chances, I would think.

Plus, from the rehearsals as well as two concerts, they would no doubt be able to assemble an ideal final product. It's not like it could be some under-rehearsed one-night-only thing. 

The picture posted earlier of JW sitting on the Musikverein stage appears to show that there are mics present, which bodes well for things.