John Williams & the Vienna Philharmonic: January 18/19 2020

Ricard

We were originally only going to attend the Sunday concert, but I got a pair of standing tickets for this afternoon on a whim back in October. I'm kind of dreading the hustle of making it to the viewing area, but it'll be nice to be there anyway. I don't want to miss out in this!

Hi,

Sorry if my question is stupid, but I read someone saying that women could have their handbag in the room. Are bags checked? If I have a little bottle of water (very little, 33cl), will I be allowed to keep it?

Thank you for your advice!

Just a quick question- there were two gentlemen in our quiet Hilton hotel restaurant last night chatting heavily about film scores, Live to Picture concert and JW - are you guys on this forum!! Should’ve said hello

3 minutes ago, Kühni said:

Quick query: when was the last time JW gave a concert in Europe (meaning the UK, I presume...)?

I am conVINCED he came to the Royal Academy of Music to do a concert there in the 90s? that sounds to me the last time he gave a concert in the UK

1 minute ago, GlastoEls said:

The Barbican with the LSO on 4 July, 1998?

perhaps it was this then.. 😦

July 96 with the LSO, Barbican, London.  Fond memories!  Sorry I can’t be there this weekend. Have a fab time all who are going.

image.jpg

4 minutes ago, Jonny said:

July 96 with the LSO, Barbican, London.  Fond memories!  Sorry I can’t be there this weekend. Have a fab time all who are going.

image.jpg

Ah was it 1996?  Getting old we are!

49 minutes ago, Nagnes said:

Hi,

Sorry if my question is stupid, but I read someone saying that women could have their handbag in the room. Are bags checked? If I have a little bottle of water (very little, 33cl), will I be allowed to keep it?

Thank you for your advice!

Bags are usually not checked at the Musikverein. I don't think this is going to be a problem unless you start drinking inside the hall. 

8 minutes ago, crumbs said:

And is this being livestreamed on radio anywhere?

No, unfortunately not. I'm sure the licensing of these pieces is a bit of a nightmare. Hopefully, there will be some kind of release later!

7 minutes ago, St0rMl0rD said:

And it’s snowing, what a fairytale! An hour to go. Quite a few people outside the artist’s entrance, haha

I did wonder for a moment whether JW is aware of how very special these two concerts are going to be for both the audience, especially those of us JWFaners who'll be there, and possibly the Wiener Philharmoniker (as the recent pictures indicate). I guess he is, otherwise there wouldn't have been mutual efforts to have the concerts take place after the cancellations in late 2018.

He should just move and stay here in Europe. He's been concerting in the US more than enough! They've had their fill... :lick:

1 hour ago, St0rMl0rD said:

And it’s snowing, what a fairytale! An hour to go. Quite a few people outside the artist’s entrance, haha

And the snow is sticking ! It's the kind of magical scenery I didn't dare hope for before coming ! :D

16 minutes ago, eitam said:

And the snow is sticking ! It's the kind of magical scenery I didn't dare hope for before coming ! :D

Pictures please!