Letter for John Williams - my life time story

Pierre

thank you : )  can you tell me what does that word mean ? I didnt find it in dictionary and i am not anglish native : ) thx 

3 hours ago, Sharky said:

Lovely performance and tribute. Now how about Remembering Petticoat Lane or Hatching Baby Raptor? ;)

Thx Sharky! 

Ooo how much you are right! I love those! Hatching baby raptor-one of his amazing choir passages. Never ever i experienced before something like this feeling (holding a miracle of biology in your hands-feeling you dont know what to think about it ( is that good or is that dangerous?) That is the question. Amazing! Or "becoming friends (eliot and E.T.) strings sounds like the music is breathing with those higher chord structures.

What a gift to humans around globe, once such an artist is born, and once(not always it happens) that the artist discovers his/her talent and turn it to the light. Thank you for comments!

Nice!! And love the text at the start. 

Is that the arrangement from the piano book or did you notate it by ear?

23 minutes ago, pete said:

Nice!! And love the text at the start. 

Is that the arrangement from the piano book or did you notate it by ear?

Thank you Pete,

i rhing its from jurassic park album for piano, but on some places i added note or two. I also analyzed this one according to modality and its scales. I can scan it for you. :)?

7 minutes ago, Pierre said:

i rhing its from jurassic park album for piano, but on some places i added note or two. I also analyzed this one according to modality and its scales. I can scan it for you. :)?

Indeed wonderful playing. I wouldn't mind a copy of your analysis. :)

I think your video is great and I can completely relate to the words at the beginning. Exactly how I feel about his music as well!

Lovely playing. Is anyone else hearing the strings at 1:28 in this video? Although they aren't there of course, my brain automatically fills it in and I found myself humming them along with your playing. It just goes to show the power and emotion of Williams orchestrations. 

8 minutes ago, leeallen01 said:

Lovely playing. Is anyone else hearing the strings at 1:28 in this video? Although they aren't there of course, my brain automatically fills it in and I found myself humming them along with your playing. It just goes to show the power and emotion of Williams orchestrations. 

Thanks for sharing this! You are right! There are places like that. It may show that his music is as complete as it can be to our ear. Like hearing missing tones in some harmony.

1 hour ago, Miguel Andrade said:

Lovely playing. For reasons that I'll keep to myself, this just brought a little tear to my eye... Thank you.

Thank you Miquel for sharing this. Really, thank you so much

Wow. I listened to the music first, not really knowing what to expect... beautiful. One of my favorite pieces, interpreted in a beautiful way,

Then I read your post.

Thank you for sharing, your music, your talent, and your history. I wish you all the best.

"Through his music as a medium, he teaches us humanity."

Wonderfully put.  Like one of the great film makers who could communicate the human experience through a simple series of shots, Williams is able to communicate just as much in every note he writes.

6 hours ago, Pierre said:

Thank you Pete,

Thank you. I'd appreciate that. And I'd forgotten how beautiful that piece is. 

Thanks for sharing your very honest and personal post. Lovely playing and you clearly have a lot of talent as displayed in your original music.  Don't give up!!  It's beautiful and thoughtful music.  Like you, my love of John Williams transcends his music.  I am so glad you had the opportunity to meet him and he exceeded your expectations.

On 09/05/2018 at 3:43 AM, Pierre said:

Finally in the end, his friend tooked a picture of us. That foto you can see in this video - and since that time, the light came into my life. I knew this moment was really gift  for me from "universe" or whatever we call it. And i finally understud, that there exist people with so much talent that its not possible to try to be like them. Not to compete with them, but to accept it and start to enjoy everything they do as a gift to humanity. 

I came back to home and since that time i forget on being composer. I started to learn to paint with oil and its so funny. All that time, it seems i am better at Art as just a hobby, than to write music. My life is so happy now and i can really enjoy other people's art. 

Hi... these lines are so precious! Thanks so much for your letter. Also it would be the lighthouse light for me. 

Thank to all of you, i really didn't expected so much resonance with this video and story! Thank you for sharing the same. 

• 2 weeks later...

@Pierre, beautiful story, very nice playing, and a wonderful composition.

Wishing you the best on your future artistic journeys, be they musical or not.

• 2 months later...

Your story is touching and your music is absolutely beautiful! Joined jwfan because of your post... and your music... it's definitely an Autumn Letter!!

SO many words... hopes and dreams...  hidden beneath what only music could give us! Beautiful!! 👏👏👏👏👏

I just read the Yo-Yo Ma article about John Williams and it seems like everyone who has met John Williams must've also sensed the light shining from his soul, wow meeting John Williams!!! and honestly, you ARE talented!!!😃😃😃

7CG3.gif

Thank you for sharing something so personal and real! No matter where you will go, may you always follow your heart!!! 👏👏👏👏👏

I know I can be a little bit too outspoken sometimes and I don’t know if this is appropriate because this is serious. But you are a handsome man. You are talented. And you are an artist. I should’ve stood up and shouted bravo right after your piece ended.👏🏻

Maybe it’s because ppl in Hong Kong are so money-driven/work-driven and I’m too young to have heard any great stories of great people. But I never thought I would find such a moving portrait of a humble and experienced artist on an online forum. If John Williams is the magical flautist who gifts us all with colourfully orchestrated dreams, then I guess we must all be enchanted by his spells, and his tunes become the fabric of our lives.

I don’t know what made you forgo Berklee but I certainly hope and firmly believe that whatever stopped you then wouldn’t and couldn’t stop you from being the artist you already are.

Wow. Your story is truly inspiring. Your piece and tribute was very beautiful. God bless you. It just goes to show the true impact that Maestro John Williams has; "through his music as a medium, he teaches us humanity."

It must have been a true blessing to meet the Maestro in person and talk with him. Thank you for sharing your experience.