Is this movie worth my time?

You should take ownership of your right to choose. Man up and decide for yourself. Our opinions shouldn't decide yours.

6 minutes ago, bollemanneke said:

Hey, we live in an age of team players and collaborations!

Give up your right to choose and you may not get it back again. 

2 hours ago, JoeinAR said:

You should take ownership of your right to choose. Man up and decide for yourself. Our opinions shouldn't decide yours.

Bolle respects our opinion, Joey.

15 minutes ago, Alexcremers said:

Bolle respects our opinion, Joey.

I doubt that. I think its more likely he needs it because he wont choose himself.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, bollemanneke said:

I'm back. Seven Years in Tibet & Indecent Proposal. I'm inclied to watch SYIT first because of the score, but the plot seems really boring.

It is - and no rabbit stew, either - but the score is nice. APPROACHING THE SUMMIT is my favourite track.

9 hours ago, bollemanneke said:

I'm back. Seven Years in Tibet & Indecent Proposal. I'm inclied to watch SYIT first because of the score, but the plot seems really boring.

Tibet is just boring, IP is gloriously awful. So you know what to choose.

I haven't seen INDECENT PROPOSAL in years, so I have little to contribute there.

However, TIBET is a pretty nice film. I've always been an Annaud fan -- he's so good at contemplating landscapes; there's a raw power in that that I don't find boring at all. And obviously, the excellent score is a major draw. There were actually TWO John Williamses involved on this film.

@bollemanneke, SEVEN YEARS IN TIBET is a pretty-looking, but vacuous film, with a pretty-looking, but vacuous lead actor.

INDECENT PROPOSAL has great photography, a neat Barry score, an interesting moral dimension, and Robert Redford. 

Nuff said.

14 hours ago, kaseykockroach said:

You should never watch a movie solely because you like the score. That rarely ends well. 

I've tried that a few times and it did go south more often than not. I saw Lady in the Water purely as JNH's finale music blew me away. That didn't go well.

Although I watched Outlander as a result of finding McCreary's first score release. That went very well.

40 minutes ago, Holko said:

Something tells me Bolle won't be especially taken by contemplating landscapes.

I still find it worthwile to know such things, actually. For me, the best audio description tracks are the ones where narrators try to explain things like camera movements/points of view, shots etc.

The best Annaud films are THE BEAR and THE NAME OF THE ROSE, but plenty of individual values in his other films too. The brownish, muddy photography in ENEMY AT THE GATES is gorgeous in its own kind of dirty way, for example. He always seems to get the best out of the composers he's working with too.

Seven Years in Tibet is one of my favorite scores and I loved the book, but the movie is regrettably very forgettable.

But I do agree with Thor concerning The Name of the Rose and The Bear (great scores on both)

On 10/17/2018 at 10:21 PM, bollemanneke said:

You like landscapes and Brad Pitt? - Watch SYIT.

You lile good movies? - Watch something else.

11 hours ago, Richard said:

I've got a soft spot for FRENZY. The opening shot of the Thames, and Ron Goodwin's music are great.

I even like PsOS like TORN CURTAIN, and TOPAZ.

Both terrible but 'Frenzy' is quite chilly in a good way. The Thames main title is a great opener indeed.