Blumenkohl's Rules for Good Listening

BLUMENKOHL

11 hours ago, BLUMENKOHL said:

People who DON’T follow these rules don’t retire. They work to the bone and lose their savings the day after they retire!

So, I fucked up my life, when I dared to listen joyfully to happy music on a rainy day. Damn!

Thank you. If I hadn't read your rules I might have lived happily ever after without knowing how miserable I am.

58 minutes ago, GerateWohl said:

So, I fucked up my life, when I dared to listen joyfully to happy music on a rainy day. Damn!

Thank you. If I hadn't read your rules I might have lived happily ever after without knowing how miserable I am.

There’s hope. You can still turn it around.

Good rules.  There's so many of them, I won't remember them all, but that's clearly not the point.

Rule 26 may be the most important.  Perhaps it should be in bold.

Don’t be a computer with the rules, bend and break to your heart’s content but if you take nothing else away: temper your musical consumption and you will enjoy the fewer moments of deliberate music listening a lot more. 

because... well, these are really suggestions instead of rules.  But the best thing is you're reminding us to savor instead of just consume.  So I'm happy to say I made some time to listen last evening after reading the rules through twice.

Trouble is, I do get sleepy sometimes when I listen in my comfortable chair.  And I don't do caffeine in the evening.

On 25/6/2022 at 6:59 AM, GerateWohl said:

I’m crossing out rule 4. After a few years of reflection…sometimes you need sunny music on a rainy day. 

41 minutes ago, BLUMENKOHL said:

I’m crossing out rule 4. After a few years of reflection…sometimes you need sunny music on a rainy day. 

That's how you make the sunny days back!

Then, listening to rainy music on a sunny day is okay too, but only if you are a farmer.

23 hours ago, Positivatee said:

I prefer solo shower sex. 

I'll have a separate rules for good sex, but for now: 

Solo Sex: 3.0/10

Duo Sex: 9.5/10

Trio Sex: 9.0/10
Quartet Sex: 6.0/10
Quintet Sex: 5.5/10

Sextet Sex: 5.0/10

120-Person ("Full Symphony") + 200-person "Full Choir" Sex: 9.6/10