The Lost Folio

The John Williams Piano Collection

Hi The Lost Folio,

your website and collection are really impressive.
I am trying to find the Tony Esposito's arrangement of Superman folio, as well as the folios of the two Home Alone movies, but it seems that they are impossible to find, any clue?
I also noted that about E.T folio you are referring to the 2002 edition as a reissue of the 1982, but I think you know it is a different presentation with more difficult arrangements.
I am sad that Last Crusade never got a folio: I love the graal theme as well as a few others (luckily we got the scherzo for motorcycle and orchestra somewhere else).

Do you also play? Any video of you playing any of those score? That would be really nice.

Thank you for your work, it's a crucial source of information for all the collectors.

3 hours ago, ciarlese said:

I am trying to find the Tony Esposito's arrangement of Superman folio, as well as the folios of the two Home Alone movies, but it seems that they are impossible to find, any clue?
I also noted that about E.T folio you are referring to the 2002 edition as a reissue of the 1982, but I think you know it is a different presentation with more difficult arrangements.
I am sad that Last Crusade never got a folio: I love the graal theme as well as a few others (luckily we got the scherzo for motorcycle and orchestra somewhere else).

Do you also play? Any video of you playing any of those score? That would be really nice.

The Superman and Home Alone folios are very hard to find now. The best way to start is to see if your local library does interlibrary loans. You might get some folios that way, especially if you are in the U.S.

As for E.T., I only have the original 1982 folio with me, but I am almost 100% sure that the 2002 reprint had exactly the same arrangements. There was also an easy piano folio published (I don't list the easy alternatives on my website), so maybe you are thinking of that one? Do you actually own both and can compare?

I agree there is a lot of material in Lost Crusade that could have made a wonderful folio. The Indiana Jones folios are all quite disappointing, with few arrangements, and most of them uninspired. At least, the Scherzo is really well arranged.

I play piano, and I frequently play everything listed on the website. I have not made recordings of any of it though. Maybe in the future I would like to record it all. It's a crazy idea that will likely never happen - I know I will never manage to play perfectly the hardest pieces. There are two concert recordings of me playing Poulenc and Kabalevsky from ten years ago: https://soundcloud.com/tristanparemorin

16 hours ago, pete said:

Thanks for that

Wow, $130 for the book. John Williams: Music for Films, Television, and the Concert Stage

I'd buy it if it were reasonably priced. I know that's not uncommon for academic books, but I don't quite understand the reasoning behind such pricings. No Kindle version either. 

The book is rather big and heavy, with hardcover. But even then, I think $130 is too much. Again, as with the folios, your library might be able to get it for you. Good luck!

On 10/12/2019 at 6:25 PM, The Lost Folio said:

As for E.T., I only have the original 1982 folio with me, but I am almost 100% sure that the 2002 reprint had exactly the same arrangements. There was also an easy piano folio published (I don't list the easy alternatives on my website), so maybe you are thinking of that one? Do you actually own both and can compare?

I've got the 2002 anniversary folio - if you like I can send you a picture of a page when I have time.