Which one of David Arnold's three Emmerich scores do you prefer?

Which one of David Arnold's three Emmerich scores do you prefer?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Which one of David Arnold's three Emmerich scores do you prefer?

• Stargate (1994)
    • Independence Day (1996)
    • Godzilla (1998)
  2. 2. Which main theme do you prefer?

• Stargate (1994)
    • Godzilla (1998)
  3. 3. Which movie do you hate the least?

• Stargate (1994)
    • Godzilla (1998)

4 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Hasn't he been in that slope since after ID?

I think he was still in top form on Godzilla and The Patriot. When I saw TDAT in 2004, I was miffed at how stale it seemed.

Just now, Margo Channing said:

I think he was still in top form on Godzilla and The Patriot. When I saw TDAT in 2004, I was miffed at how stale it seemed.

Yeah, I make no arguments that people who don't like DAT are wrong.  Sometimes you just like movies that are bad, and you kinda don't care.

22 minutes ago, Margo Channing said:

I agree that The Patriot is quite enjoyable and well-made. But also not a little preposterous. But the score is good!

17 minutes ago, Batman's Diet Coke said:

ID4 will always be the most popular one, but Godzilla is totally worthy. I don't understand how you could enjoy this type of music and not those scores.

I don't see how you drew that conclusion.

Independence Day is an utter joy. It really was a score where Arnold just said "I'm going to give you the most extreme of every emotion. You want patriotism to the extreme? You want pure heartbreak? You want the ultimate aliens are bad theme? Take it all!!" 

But for me, his Stargate theme means more than any other theme ever written by any composer. I watched the film as a kid, and then watched Stargate SG-1, Atlantis and Universe for the next 15 years on tv (and countless times on VHS and DVD since) So I heard his theme thousands of times as used by Joel Goldsmith. So it is extremely special to me.

As a devout Emmerich fan, I don't think he's been on a slope since ID. I really like GODZILLA, THE PATRIOT, THE DAY AFTER TOMORROW, 2012. I though 10000 BC, IDR and WHITE HOUSE DOWN were merely OK. I really disliked ANONYMOUS. Haven't seen STONEWALL yet.