Star Wars Disenchantment

John

Fine, I'll will reveal my findings and Episode IX theory on October 10, which is a Thursday. Until then, feel free to answer my 'clues to the clues' on the previous page that (very likely) point to the plot of IX... and how the Saga ends.

After his laugh in the teaser trailer and the multiple shot of him in the D23 Special Look, you don't think he's coming back? Who do you think will be the big baddy in Episode IX, the film that will end the Saga?

Does anyone not want me to reveal my guess now for how Palpatine returns? If so, I'll wait until October 10th.

Also, I'm wondering how everyone feels about this discussion (5 days worth) being relocated into the Star Wars Disenchantment topic. Although I surmised that the Disney shareholders have reason to be concerned, I specifically said that I was no longer disenchanted.

The containment of Mattris to the Disenchantment thread is JWFan’s Great Compromise, our very own via media

To break the compromise now risks a schism I’m not sure there would be a road back from.... it will be civil war without end

45 minutes ago, Gruesome Son of a Bitch said:

There was a user here for years who had Sio Bibble in his avatar.

I remember that creepy avatar where Sio Bibble's head was projected into the sky above the Queen's Naboo palace. What the hell was that??

2 hours ago, Manakin Skywalker said:

The Knights of Ren are Ric Ollie, Captain Panaka, Captain Typho, Sabe, Sio Bibble, and this guy that appears in the background in TPM and AOTC: 

latest?cb=20061030082329

Graf Zapalo, Master of Sciences.  A Sith Lord if there ever was one.

I bet they'll claim, after the film is released, that including the Emperor's Theme in TLJ was an intentional hint at things to come. I doubt JW had any such intentions, however. 

No, but the planet Ooban will be featured, where the Snagnug live in the sky and the Oobans live in an underwater city. Palpatine's evil twin Dave Enitaplap has been plotting revenge there the whole time. Ed Sheeran is scoring the cantina music on Ooban. 

On 3/30/2019 at 3:29 AM, Holko said:

The because she's the protagonist. 

OR Rey is the Protagonist because it's her the Force awakened in.

Rey is a false protagonist... a misdirect. The Force awakened in her because she was designed to be one of Palpatine's crucial Contingency elements.

On 3/31/2019 at 3:49 PM, Chen G. said:

I don't know that I agree with that. In The Force Awakens, Rey's journey is the classic . Have I seen enough of this narrative in these types of tentpoles? Absolutely. Does that make it a bad formula? No. In The Last Jedi, the main character's Luke, anyway. But Rey still has a chance to grow, when she , when she shuts the door on Kylo.

Besides, character development isn't a necessary prerequisite for good character. Its what's called a flat arc.

That's just it: Rey is not on the Hero's Journey. She will never overcome her naïvety or selfishness... and it will ultimately be her undoing.

3 minutes ago, Mattris said:

Rey is a false protagonist... a misdirect. The Force awakened in her because she was designed to be one of Palpatine's crucial Contingency elements.

That's just it: Rey is not on the Hero's Journey. She will never overcome her naïvety or selfishness... and it will ultimately be her undoing.

Let's say you're completely right about all this stuff, Mattris. Can you see yourself going back to VII and VIII, and enjoying them as "standalone" films?

That's what I find interesting about Mattris's discussions is that he's pissed off with these Disney films, yet he's so invested in them to make these theories. 

46 minutes ago, Nick Parker said:

Let's say you're completely right about all this stuff, Mattris. Can you see yourself going back to VII and VIII, and enjoying them as "standalone" films?

Just now, Holko said:

I'm only waiting for his meltdown when his bullshit is proven to be 100% wrong!

Quite frankly from what I've skimmed from him--trying to stay away from a lot of theories and stuff about the movie, hear that, Google homepage!?--I wouldn't be surprised if a good amount turned out to be true.

But if it wasn't, he'd find a way to fit it into his paradigm, he's rather adept at it.

At this point appropriating his theories to suit the situation seems like fair game when everyone's against him. 

30 minutes ago, Nick Parker said:

He's not, though!...now.

Yes he is. I don't believe he has changed his mind, but perhaps he has changed his attitude towards them.

2 hours ago, Mattris said:

I do believe Palpatine is going to be back, even though I don’t like it. But I think he’s going to have more to do with Kylo than he does Rey.

I don’t Rey will be undone. There’s nothing in the previous films to suggest this, and in fact it’s crucial that she won’t, unless the film wants the Jedi to end.