Star Wars Disenchantment

John

14 hours ago, Mattris said:

Pathetic.

So I can't even emphasize words without being criticized?

Allow me to put to bed any thought that I'm being "artificial" or "satirical". Perhaps you're unaware that I predicted Palpatine's return - and that Rey would be related to him - when everyone here thought I was nuts.

Why would you think I haven't discovered "something real" in this instance? I can assure you, I have.

Oh, I'll get there, Chen... within 16 hours of X.

The "shock" comes when you're proven wrong, and I'm proven right... again.

On Page 142, I revealed my theory. Before and after that, I presented relevant film/canon evidence across numerous posts. Nothing about the theory is bullshit. Like Arpy, it seems you have a personal problem with the likelihood that you don't understand Star Wars... and have sunk into a state of denial without any substantive rebuttal or counter-position.

So by your definition, I am not a troll. You, on the other hand...

Emphasising almost every second phrase defeats the point of emphasis, don’t you think?

At any rate, I’ll humour you and assume you are being genuine. There are a number of questions I have in regards to your claim:

1. What’s going to happen if they need to reshoot Episode 10 when core members of the main cast are publically done with Star Wars, with John Boyega actually burning the bridge?

2. Is there any leaked images of the Episode 10 production? There have been with every other Star Wars movie

3. Why would they be unusually secretive with this one project when they’re aware of the backlash towards the Sequel Trilogy? When do they intend to announce it to start the marketing train going?

4. Are there any other sources that talk about Episode 10 being in the works?

There were theories as early as TFA that Rey was a Palpatine, informed by things such as Rey’s theme holding a similar DNA to the Emperor’s theme. It also wouldn’t be hard to infer that in lieu of a proper antagonist, that Disney wouldn’t try to bring back the Emperor to ‘complete’ the saga. Ergo, I don’t think that claim really corroborates anything other than you just guessing based off the information everyone else was already privy too.

To answering your questions, @DarthDementous:

1.  No, Episode X reshoots aren't needed because the film wrapped over a year ago. The 'core members of the main cast who are publicly done with Star Wars' either [1] won't be coming back because their character arcs will be completed in X... or [2] They're just putting on an act to keep you distracted.

2.  I don't expect any "leaked images" from X to get out before the film's release. (The surprise factor here is of the utmost importance.)

3.  On multiple occasions, Episode IX was billed as "an end" to the Saga - not "the end". The backlash towards the Sequel Trilogy was expected - if not desired - so the unexpected continuation of the Saga would be that much more shocking. I suspect there will be no "marketing train" until after the film is released, not that it will really need to be marketed.

4.  I'm aware of no other reports. But Episode IX's shoot was especially long, with at least two re-shooting sessions. Some people thought that IX was being 'made twice' because Lucasfilm didn't know what they were doing. All things considered, I suspect that two films were made. (How trIXie of them.)

One would think that "it wouldn’t be hard to infer that in lieu of a proper antagonist, that Disney wouldn’t try to bring back the Emperor to ‘complete’ the saga". But in reality, very few expected it... even with a swath of clues that foreshadowed his inevitable return, including the Dark Empire  series from the EU, in which Emperor Palpatine was revealed to have survived 'the fall' by transferring his spirit into a cloned body... and intended to live forever through the act of 'essence transfer' into subsequent vessels.

Let me be clear. I'm not simply "guessing based off the information everyone else was already privy too." To formulate my theories, I utilized sources that everyone has access to: the films, novelizations, and other official canon material. Within these volumes are consistent, substantive excerpts that 'corroborate' my assessment of the Saga and the surrounding controversy. But for 'the truth' to be brought into focus, one must pay close attention and see things from a certain point of view.

In addition to what I've deduced using the films and canon, the (seemingly endless barrage of) unorthodox behavior by Lucasfilm employees only bolsters my conclusion that they intended to keep their audience on the far side of the galaxy so as not to interfere with their real plans. (This is right out of the Sith-designed "effective Jedi trap".)

Apart from all of this, is there any significant difference between the conclusion of Episode VI and Episode IX? I perceive none. In a conversation between Finn and Poe in The Rise of Skywalker  novelization, this reality was noted:

"General Leia thought they'd destroyed the Emperor at the Battle of Endor," Poe said. "But he came back. More powerful than ever."

"You think he might come back again," Finn said.

"Maybe," Poe said, staring off in Zorii's direction. Of course Poe would worry about that. He was acting general now, and like any good general he was anticipating what fight still lay ahead. "Or some other evil will rise. Evil always rises."

"Naw," said Finn. "Not for a long time, anyway."

Poe gave him a questioning look.

4 hours ago, mstrox said:

I feel the same exact way, except instead of Star Wars it’s Subway subs. One of these days those motherfuckers are gonna blow our minds, and then every mediocre Italian BMT on rubbery bread will have been worth it.

Don't you ever make fun of my precious Italian BMT you hooligan!

@Demodex, I already told you where to look... and when I will further elaborate. Calm down, read what I already posted, and use your brain. You might just get somewhere.

And even if I could trust everyone here not to spoil things for those outside of this thread... lazy, rude people like you are the very reason I choose not  to continue presenting my findings on a silver platter.

@Mattris What are you going to do if Episode X is never revealed and/or never comes out?

Also, if you want people to believe you, how is insulting them going to get them on your side?

Let’s say your belief is genuine, you need to recognise that the skeptics are hung up on some fairly significant things that you haven’t adequately addressed. If you could address these in a non-dismissive way then people would be more convinced 

Even when huge companies are trying to be secretive, like Disney during the production of any of the Star Wars movies, things leak. It’s the nature of our connected world. That you don’t have any direct proof (meaning they’re not patterns you’ve extrapolated from disparate pieces of evidence), strongly points to this movie not existing.

Even if you were privy to information others weren’t, one needs to actually corroborate that with proof as well. Anyone can go on the Internet and claim anything, think about all those bogus leaks that show up before any big release be it film or movie.

It is an extraordinarily bad money-making tactic to make three extremely costly movies suck on purpose so they would appreciate a hidden fourth extremely costly movie. That doesn’t add up mathematically at all, not to mention that you factor in the audience being alienated by the first three movies that even if one was suddenly good - they probably wouldn’t care anymore. A lot of people’s investment in the franchise is pretty much dead at this point because of the Sequel Trilogy, and I doubt a hidden movie with characters and a world they don’t care about would make a difference.

7 minutes ago, DarthDementous said:

you factor in the audience being alienated by the first three movies that even if one was suddenly good - they probably wouldn’t care anymore.

In Mattris' mind, those people will watch Episode X and suddenly, a switch will go off in their mind and the movies they were frustrated with will suddenly be amazing; and NOT in a comparative sense, but simply because Episode X will "open people's eyes" to the supposed greatness of the previous entries.

Because, y'know, that's totally how movies work, obviously...

On 17/01/2021 at 5:33 PM, DarthDementous said:

@Mattris What are you going to do if Episode X is never revealed and/or never comes out?

Also, if you want people to believe you, how is insulting them going to get them on your side?

Let’s say your belief is genuine, you need to recognise that the skeptics are hung up on some fairly significant things that you haven’t adequately addressed. If you could address these in a non-dismissive way then people would be more convinced 

Even when huge companies are trying to be secretive, like Disney during the production of any of the Star Wars movies, things leak. It’s the nature of our connected world. That you don’t have any direct proof (meaning they’re not patterns you’ve extrapolated from disparate pieces of evidence), strongly points to this movie not existing.

Even if you were privy to information others weren’t, one needs to actually corroborate that with proof as well. Anyone can go on the Internet and claim anything, think about all those bogus leaks that show up before any big release be it film or movie.

It is an extraordinarily bad money-making tactic to make three extremely costly movies suck on purpose so they would appreciate a hidden fourth extremely costly movie. That doesn’t add up mathematically at all, not to mention that you factor in the audience being alienated by the first three movies that even if one was suddenly good - they probably wouldn’t care anymore. A lot of people’s investment in the franchise is pretty much dead at this point because of the Sequel Trilogy, and I doubt a hidden movie with characters and a world they don’t care about would make a difference.

If Episode X never comes out, I'll eat a hat... and then write it myself, along with Episodes XI and XII to complete the Saga in a worthy fashion.

When did I insult people, @DarthDementous? When was I dismissive? Honestly, I don't care if you believe me, nor am I trying 'to get you on my side'. I've presented information (film/canon excerpts, select cast/crew quotes, etc.), made correlations, and constructed theories. Regarding what it all means in grander terms, people are free to make their own determinations. But I have been abundantly clear in my posts what I think.

I don't know why you continue to question my belief. It's genuine. And if I was simply trying to 'convince people', I would have posted all of my findings and theories in a single post. But that's not my intention, and my theories are too meaningful to just give them away here and now.

If you genuinely want to learn more, I suggest reading my later posts... and the film novelizations, starting with Star Wars  or The Phantom Menace. (Tip: Read the books with the intention of looking for elements that seem out of place... and then try to make sense of them with a 'bigger picture' in mind.) Refusing take my advice will mean that you're on your own and will have to wait for my 'big reveals' shortly before X comes out.

In this case, things will not 'leak' because this is not Disney and Lucasfilm's desire. As I have said repeatedly, the production of X was hidden within trIXie. "The nature of our connected world" is that people gather their opinions and assessments and perceive they understand things well, at least with the people that agree with them. Lucasfilm is aware of human nature... and have been playing their audience as ignorant, trusting, naïve, and gullible for quite some time. But as Obi-Wan said, "Who's more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?"

It's true, I have no "direct proof" of Episode X having been made. But 'the patterns I’ve extrapolated' can be found within the films, novelizations, the canon material, and numerous cast/crew statements over the years. I've deduced that dozens of significant pieces of evidence - and hundreds of 'smaller' examples - that align cannot be a coincidence.

Nothing "strongly points to this movie not existing", except the mass belief that Lucasfilm was utterly incompetent and truly failed with the main attraction of the most important film franchise of all time, with many in the cast/crew disparaging the films - or the disappointed/concerned/disenchanted fans - with no end in sight. The same masses of people cannot fathom that, collectively, they misinterpreted these stories. To them, the writing on the wall is clear as day: Star Wars is on the decline. These misguided people will find that they are "mistaken... about a great many things."

With the Sequel Trilogy, 'making the most money possible' - at least in the short term - was not Disney/Lucasfilm's intention. With the bigger picture in mind, I trust that things will  "add up mathematically", as Star Wars gets new life... literally. Trust me, the audience will care  when the world of Star Wars is reconceptualized  and expanded. What a difference "a certain point of view" will make when changing hearts and minds.

8 hours ago, Mattris said:

With the Sequel Trilogy, 'making the most money possible' - at least in the short term - was not Disney/Lucasfilm's intention.

Yeah no. Lucasfilm literally exists to make the most money possible, short term and long.

If Episode X never comes out, I'll eat a hat... and then write it myself, along with Episodes XI and XII to complete the Saga in a worthy fashion.

Please do. If its anything like this thread, it'll be a hoot!

1 hour ago, Chen G. said:

Yeah no. Lucasfilm literally exists to make the most money possible, short term and long.

"If money is all you care about, then that's what you'll receive!"

- Princess Leia

1 hour ago, Chen G. said:

Please do. If its anything like this thread, it'll be a hoot!

Oh, I won't share it with you, Chen.

@Mattrisdo tell me, how long will it take before you concede that no Episode X was in-fact shot? You believe it was shot back-to-back with The Rise of Skywalker. Well, its been over a year since The Rise of Skywalker was completed, and that's already way too long for post-production on a feature.

Lets run with it, and say they're taking as much time with post-production on this as Terrence Malick did on The Thin Red Line (even though its a much longer film than a Star Wars film). That would still mean that within about three months the film should be out. Lets factor COVID in, and say that within that time we will at least see some sort of teaser. Otherwise you'll have to concede your theory as being false.

Or will you still be sitting here in 2030 waiting for it?

Oh, I won't share it with you, Chen.

If you're not willing to share your "theory" publicly, then that proves that you have none. If you're concerned about "spoilers" like you keep saying, then just know that nobody here gives a crap about that sort of thing. Either spill your beans or stop talking about it.

8 hours ago, Chen G. said:

@Mattrisdo tell me, how long will it take before you concede that no Episode X was in-fact shot? You believe it was shot back-to-back with The Rise of Skywalker. Well, its been over a year since The Rise of Skywalker was completed, and that's already way too long for post-production on a feature.

Lets run with it, and say they're taking as much time with post-production on this as Terrence Malick did on The Thin Red Line (even though its a much longer film than a Star Wars film). That would still mean that within about three months the film should be out. Lets factor COVID in, and say that within that time we will at least see some sort of teaser. Otherwise you'll have to concede your theory as being false.

Or will you still be sitting here in 2030 waiting for it?

Trying to guess Episode X's post-production process/schedule isn't really productive. But I do think Disney and Lucasfilm want to release the film in cinemas, not only on Disney+. While COVID may have affected their original plan to some degree, it would be logical to predict that the next film in the Saga would be released two years after the previous one, as VII-IX were spaced.

If X doesn't come out by the end of this year (with only a short teaser as the marketing), I'll be surprised but not disheartened. In 2030, I doubt I will be contributing to these boards and will have moved on to better uses of my time. But yes, I will still be expecting Episode X.

2 hours ago, Manakin Skywalker said:

If you're not willing to share your "theory" publicly, then that proves that you have none. If you're concerned about "spoilers" like you keep saying, then just know that nobody here gives a crap about that sort of thing. Either spill your beans or stop talking about it.

If Lucasfilm doesn't make Episodes X-XII, I said I'll write my own - but wouldn't share them here. As I've been clear, I will publicly share my Episodes I-X theories immediately before X is released.

As Emperor Palpatine said the Return of the Jedi  novelization, "This is only the beginning of my surprise. But I don't wish to spoil it for you."

1 hour ago, Mattris said:

it would be logical to predict that the next film in the Saga would be released two years after the previous one

You don't do that with films shot back-to-back. In that case, they are released a year, sometimes even six months apart. Not two years. You don't hold a movie in the can: you do your post-production and you release it.

In your mind, Episode X had been in post-production for at least a year. If it doens't come out or at least gets promoted in the next two months, you'll have to admit it was a figment of your imagination.

12 hours ago, rough cut said:

Just reboot the whole damn universe already.

The can re-record all the movies.

No! No rebooting. At least not for a long long time. Don’t diminish JW’s singular achievement by asking Disney to basically admit it made a mistake with Eps 7-9. The nonology is complete and legit, for better or worse.

People want to see “better” Star Wars movies? They can damn well wait until 2022 when the next one comes, without an episode number and without a skywalker in it. Star Wars movies that start with “Episode __” and involve skywalkers are now and forevermore done. That ship’s sailed and JW’s musical legacy for that ship must never be tainted or asterisked by some sequel trilogy redo.

@Mattris Welp, that response makes it abundantly clear that you aren’t interested in discussion and just want attention. Otherwise you would care about how your message was being received.

I’m going to go back to ignoring you now

10 hours ago, DarthDementous said:

@Mattris Welp, that response makes it abundantly clear that you aren’t interested in discussion and just want attention. Otherwise you would care about how your message was being received.

Unlike you, I've been discussing Star Wars  in this thread for quite some time. I'm well aware of 'how my message is being received'. But I'm not going to alter it - or how I present myself - based on how it makes people feel.

I'm not looking for attention. People are just drawn to me!

10 hours ago, DarthDementous said:

I’m going to go back to ignoring you now

Whether you post here or not, I seriously doubt you will be ignoring me.

18 hours ago, Mattris said:

As I've been clear, I will publicly share my Episodes I-X theories immediately before X is released.

This is fucking stupid. What's the difference between now and then?

The answer of course is that you don't have anything at all to tell us until you hear details about this fictional movie that will never exist. 

Troll. 

3 hours ago, Mattris said:

Whether you post here or not, I seriously doubt you will be ignoring me.

I assure you, if he's smarter than me, he will be. He will be. 

52 minutes ago, Demodex said:

This is fucking stupid. What's the difference between now and then?

The answer of course is that you don't have anything at all to tell us until you hear details about this fictional movie that will never exist. 

I already said why I'm going to wait. You sound like a child who's parent won't buy them the toy they want. The parent wonders if they will ever  buy the toy because their child won't stop begging, crying, and name-calling.

To be completely honest, I don't want to hear "details" about Episode X before I post my more-complete thoughts on Star Wars.

Once you read what I have to say, you can determine if I 'just made it up based on the trailer/announcement' or if I had my theories locked in for some time, based in the foundation I - and Lucasfilm - have already laid in plain sight.

52 minutes ago, Demodex said:

I assure you, if he's smarter than me, he will be. He will be. 

That's not saying much.

It would make more sense to post it now so that it doesn't look like you waited to first find out details about this movie (that's never going to happen). 

If any "details" about X are officially announced or 'leak' before its release, I will be surprised, to say the least.

I plan to post my substantive theories and predictions within an hour of the announcement/teaser. No one in their right mind will think that I only just then constructed these thoughts... especially considering what I already posted some pages back.

Don't worry about my credibility, @Demodex. My advice to you is to spend less time begging and more time consulting the Star Wars source material. From experience, I can tell you that the answers to the mystery of this mythology are waiting to be discovered by those with imaginative, curious minds... and a certain point of view.

10 minutes ago, Mattris said:

I plan to post my substantive theories and predictions within an hour of the announcement/teaser.

How convenient...

And if no such teaser is released within the next month or two?