Star Wars Disenchantment

John

3 minutes ago, blondheim said:

Just to clarify, are you saying that John Williams has already finishing scoring an Episode X? And if you are, are you saying that the film itself is secretly completed?

Yes he is. Have you not been following the Mattriss Saga?

8 hours ago, Mattris said:

Because you didn't respond to my previous post to you - instead choosing to continually laugh at various posts - I'll say again, @Manakin Skywalker:

John Williams' age has nothing to do with his process to compose or his knowledge of Star Wars or its fanbase. What a pathetic, simplistic insinuation.

I said nothing about him "returning to score more films in his 100's". He's not even 90 yet... and I'm confident that he's long been done with his work on Episode X.

You can't "guarantee" anything regarding Williams' knowledge of Star Wars or level of care about its fandom. You don't sound like you know much more than the average John Williams fan or Star Wars fan. But feel free to (attempt to) prove me wrong.

I chose to stop responding because I simply disagree with your assessment, and no matter how much common sense we use you just won't back down, so I'd rather not waste my time and energy engaging with an obvious troll (which unfortunately I'm doing by responding right now). 

Star Wars Episode X is not currently in production, will not be in production for years if ever, nor is John Williams working on any more Star Wars films (aside from *possibly* themes for standalone films, if we are lucky), mark my words. There is no evidence to the contrary. 

And even if they were, which they are NOT, I wouldn't care. I'd be happy to see more Star Wars, but it wouldn't "hit me like a ton of bricks", I would be relatively un-phased due to the Star Wars fatigue we're all experiencing from the non-stop productions.

Also before I stop replying to this nonsense: so much content has leaked from all of the Star Wars productions. Do not forget there are thousands of people who work on these films, and real-world locations, sound stages, and cities where they are filmed. You'd be naïve to think someone wouldn't have leaked concept art, or some nerd flying their drone over a set by now. Where are they filming this supposed "Episode X", In a top-secret underground government facility with a dozen employees all locked in a confined space until the film releases just to do something as unnecessary as avoid spoilers? What a stupid thing to believe if so.

I'm going to try my best to stop replying and engaging with this stuff, as hilarious as it is to observe. I've fed the troll enough, time to let his belly settle.

14 hours ago, blondheim said:

Just to clarify, are you saying that John Williams has already finishing scoring an Episode X? And if you are, are you saying that the film itself is secretly completed?

Yes, and (per Mattris) had been completed for a very long time by now.

Its...yeah...

14 hours ago, Mattris said:

John Williams' age has nothing to do with his process to compose or his knowledge of Star Wars

Pfff, "Knowledge of Star Wars..."

Obviously John Williams takes great pride in his work on the Star Wars films and is the consummate professional at scoring them. But that's not the same as saying he's knowledgable about Star Wars: he basically watches a cut of the film, scores it and goes his separate ways until next time. I bet if you had a chance to talk to him about Star Wars, he'd fail to remember anything beyond the main characters and the general beats of the story.

A simple disagreement with me is one thing, @Manakin Skywalker. You are making claims about Williams' knowledge of Star Wars and its fandom, of which you have no inside knowledge.

I think you "chose to stop responding" because you could not refute my points with facts, only contradictions, assumptions, and surface-level assessments.

Indeed, "common sense" does apply here. It's been staring you - and the rest of the Star Wars fandom - in the face for quite some time. But I didn't "back down" on Palpatine coming back, and I won't do so with my latest 'grandiose' predictions.

Star Wars Episode X is not currently in production..."  You're likely right. (It's already completed.)

"There is no evidence to the contrary."  You are so wrong, it's hard to know where to begin. Thinking only from a logical/business standpoint, what reason would Lucasfilm have to wait years/decades to make more Saga films, especially considering the (unfulfilling) ending of the sequel trilogy? (The answer: There is no good reason to wait.)

"... so much content has leaked from all of the Star Wars productions..."  And "you'd be naïve" to think that Lucasfilm isn't good at keeping Star Wars secrets, teasing the fandom with clues, and presenting surprises. These behaviors are part of company's DNA.

I'd ask why you're 'fatigued' by what's been released so far, but that isn't really the right question. I'll just say that if you are "relatively un-phased" by the next installments of Star Wars, you might want to leave Star Wars, altogether. It just isn't for you.

For now, here's a realization to chew on: 

Since I've already proven my credibility by predicting the return of Emperor Palpatine (with Rey being related to him), your continuous badgering and laughing at me means that YOU ARE TROLLING ME.

But like you, "I'd rather not waste my time and energy engaging with an obvious troll (which unfortunately I'm doing by responding right now)."

Episode 9 is not worth any fight or argument. It is just a pile of garbage. And that is surely not John Williams fault.

Referring to the soundtrack, probably this last score would actually be a lovable finale to Williams body of work for Star Wars, if we just had an appropriate release. So, in that sense Williams is right. And that is actually his area of expertise.

Just forget the movie. It is hard and painful to remember anyway.

So...... has anyone tried asking what would happen if Episode X didn't release? Or if it did, how obvious it'd be that it was made many years later?

He's gonna do the reshoots argument, isn'r he?

58 minutes ago, Mattris said:

By forgetting the movie, @GerateWohl, you are playing right into Lucasfilm's hands.

Why should I mind about that?

59 minutes ago, Mattris said:

(In truth, you should have been taking a closer look at all the films.)

You don't know, how close I looked. Believe me. I looked close enough.

17 hours ago, GerateWohl said:

Why should I mind about that?

They are playing you for a fool.

17 hours ago, GerateWohl said:

You don't know, how close I looked. Believe me. I looked close enough.

Briefly tell me what you think the Saga is about, and I'll let you know if I think you're missing something.

4 minutes ago, GerateWohl said:

Even if I told you, you wouldn't understand because you didn't look close enough.

Unlikely. Have another go instead of wasting my time with a cop-out answer. Regardless, here's the punchline:

If you didn't predict Palpatine's return, you didn't look close enough.

If you interpreted these parable-based, mythological stories on a relative surface level, you didn't look close enough.

2 minutes ago, blondheim said:

I don't know if I wasted hours catching up on all this or not.

Were you entertained?

@Mattris To be honest, I personally don't see much sense in this conversation. Of course it is almost possible to justify almost every plot decision in a fairytale universe. So, feel free to do so. But apart from the story the movie fails on every aspect of a quality entertainment tool. Dialogues, action, plotlines, narrative structure.

Problem is, nothing interesting is going on. Now you even say, the story is predictable. So, this movie is a failure on every aspect of it.

I was simpy bored by almost everything. Seriously, was there really anything exciting going on for you? Anything, where you thought "Oh that is so great." For example, "Oh, every star destroyer now can destroy an entire planet. Brillant idea!!! It is bad for the galaxy, but GREAT. Oh, but they are controlled just by one single ship. Good for us and sooo GREAT and exciting!!! But noone is coming for help. Now Poe is desperate. So am I. Sad but so exciting!!!! But hey, there comes Lando with all the other people in the galaxy. That is awsome! I feel so elevated by this. This is fucckiing GREAT!"

Or did you sit there like everyone else thinking, THIS is predictable and lame and I am so bored.

15 minutes ago, DrTenma said:

I agree, Episode X (code name "something, something darker this time") is already finished. In fact, George Lucas filmed the whole movie right after Episode III. Williams, of course, score it in 2006 and, if you ask him, he's sure that the movie was premier that same year. Apparently Lucas new that if he released this new Episode people won't see The Clone Wars so he waited, but after being  sad with the reception of Red Tails, he decided to retire and sell Lucasfilms to Disney.

I don't want to spoil you guys this movie, Disney has it and Lucas wanted this movie to be "Episode VII" but they told him "No, George, we paid you a lot of money and we want to make our story. Your movie, will be in fact Episode X". George, obviously, though that was the right move because it would make his movie even better and more unexpected. 

The movie needed some reshoots because Disney wants to add Rey, Finn and the rest of the cast of their new trilogy into the movie. I can confirm you these reshoots are mostly done. 

From that perspective it makes absolutely sense that episode 9 ended more or less exactly where 6 ended, just with Han, Luke and Leia dead. 

15 minutes ago, DrTenma said:

Philip Glass

So, we will probably end up hearing the first four notes of the main title in an endless loop during the whole movie?

8 minutes ago, GerateWohl said:

From that perspective it makes absolutely sense that episode 9 ended more or less exactly where 6 ended, just with Han, Luke and Leia dead. 

Lucas never planed to use Luke, Han and Leia, actually the story focused into Qui-Gon's lost grandgrandchildren and his forbidden love for a Gungan. 

8 minutes ago, GerateWohl said:

So, we will probably end up hearing the first four notes of the main title in an endless loop during the whole movie?

Probably, but the only track that I listened was a variation on the Desert Winds source track in Episode I. Glass wants to use the less popular material of Williams...

On 04/10/2021 at 3:33 AM, Chen G. said:

Star Wars isn't mythology.

Its fairytale.

Or is it a 'space opera'. Could it be all three? I think so.

On 04/10/2021 at 3:53 AM, GerateWohl said:

@Mattris To be honest, I personally don't see much sense in this conversation. Of course it is almost possible to justify almost every plot decision in a fairytale universe. So, feel free to do so. But apart from the story the movie fails on every aspect of a quality entertainment tool. Dialogues, action, plotlines, narrative structure.

Problem is, nothing interesting is going on. Now you even say, the story is predictable. So, this movie is a failure on every aspect of it.

I was simpy bored by almost everything. Seriously, was there really anything exciting going on for you? Anything, where you thought "Oh that is so great." For example, "Oh, every star destroyer now can destroy an entire planet. Brillant idea!!! It is bad for the galaxy, but GREAT. Oh, but they are controlled just by one single ship. Good for us and sooo GREAT and exciting!!! But noone is coming for help. Now Poe is desperate. So am I. Sad but so exciting!!!! But hey, there comes Lando with all the other people in the galaxy. That is awsome! I feel so elevated by this. This is fucckiing GREAT!"

Or did you sit there like everyone else thinking, THIS is predictable and lame and I am so bored.

Correct. It is "almost possible to justify almost every plot decision in a fairytale universe."

"Nothing happens by accident."  - Qui-Gon Jinn

Parable-based stories are created to be teaching tools, representing grand themes and intended life lessons - not merely a "quality entertainment tool".

I'm saying the story could have been predicted - not that the story was predicted  by the audience at large. There were  loads of 'interesting things going on'. You may not have noticed all of them: one of the main reasons you became "bored". Watching the film the first time, I felt the same as you did. But I didn't give up, deciding to reflect and research instead... to arrive at a point of realization: My initial interpretation was... incorrect.

The audience was meant to think the end of the sequel trilogy was "predictable and lame". This sentiment was boosted after full spoilers of the film were intentionally released long before the film arrived in the cinema. So Lucasfilm did not 'fail'. As planned, they have you on the far side of the galaxy.

17 minutes ago, Chen G. said:

Well, you should have.

Given up?  What a defeatist attitude, @Chen G. - certainly not one that will help you to correctly understand Star Wars.

By thinking that Episode VI was (intended to be) the end of the Saga, you don't know how wrong you are. But you will.

Why in the world  would I divulge such major information, @Taikomochi?

I can say I'm very confident that I've predicted Episode X's title. But, along with the released date, I will withhold it... for now.

Though, if my predictions start coming true, I might want to show off a bit. ;)

That's not what's happening here, @Taikomochi.

I've been clear for some time that I think Episode X is in the books         and will impress...  while everyone here - except maybe mstrox - thinks I'm delusional and that Star Wars has gone off the beaten path, if not completely in the wrong direction.

Having said that, I plan to divulge my predictions shortly before they happen or are officially announced... not that I'm looking for congratulations from those who doubted me and Lucasfilm. (That already happened in April 2019.)

I'll just enjoy 'chuckling' at everyone's reactions.  :wink:

3 hours ago, Mattris said:

I'm saying the story could have been predicted - not that the story was predicted  by the audience at large. There were  loads of 'interesting things going on'. You may not have noticed all of them: one of the main reasons you became "bored". Watching the film the first time, I felt the same as you did. But I didn't give up, deciding to reflect and research instead... to arrive at a point of realization: My initial interpretation was... incorrect.

The audience was meant to think the end of the sequel trilogy was "predictable and lame". This sentiment was boosted after full spoilers of the film were intentionally released long before the film arrived in the cinema. So Lucasfilm did not 'fail'. As planned, they have you on the far side of the galaxy.

So, what you are basically saying is that Lucasfilm covered an interesting story deep inside a boring movie on purpose? Because they intended to upset  or lose 95% of the viewers and superficial fans just to provide an almost hidden hardly recognizable interesting story to a handful of patient and wise fans like you? That sounds really like a strategy for a Disney produced movie.

1 hour ago, GerateWohl said:

So, what you are basically saying is that Lucasfilm covered an interesting story deep inside a boring movie on purpose?

Yes, that's exactly what he's been saying, for well over a year.

He's somehow under the impression that once we have the context of this alledged Episode X, somehow we'll see the genius of Episode IX in retrospect...

9 hours ago, Mattris said:

Since I've already proven my credibility by predicting the return of Emperor Palpatine (with Rey being related to him), your continuous badgering and laughing at me means that YOU ARE TROLLING ME.

You do realize Palatine returning was the #1 fan theory, right? There were two main theories for IX: either that Snoke was Plagueis (which was proven to not be the case when he was killed) or that they'd just copy Dark Empire and have Palpatine somehow return. You are not unique in this belief. Hell, even RLM predicted that. Being right about ONE thing that literally millions of other people were right about means absolutely nothing, and in no way means you're correct about further films.

As for "X already being completed", you have any proof of that? Also you never addressed what I said about how thousands of people work on these films, and in public places. It would be physically impossible for nothing to leak during a film's production. That has never happened in the history of cinema, nor will it ever happen because it's just simply unrealistic.

16 hours ago, Taikomochi said:

I mean, if you’re right, then I have no problem acknowledging that. Just seems like you’ve provided no other evidence than “I was right about Palpatine, so I must be right now”. 

Not true. I noted substantial evidence in the Star Wars Disenchantment Topic.

15 hours ago, GerateWohl said:

So, what you are basically saying is that Lucasfilm covered an interesting story deep inside a boring movie on purpose? Because they intended to upset  or lose 95% of the viewers and superficial fans just to provide an almost hidden hardly recognizable interesting story to a handful of patient and wise fans like you? That sounds really like a strategy for a Disney produced movie.

I never said an "interesting story" was "deep inside", just that the audience at large missed it.

Clearly, you are unaware of the "effective Jedi trap".

14 hours ago, Chen G. said:

Yes, that's exactly what he's been saying, for well over a year.

He's somehow under the impression that once we have the context of this alledged Episode X, somehow we'll see the genius of Episode IX in retrospect...

Not "genius", just reality.

14 hours ago, Brónach said:

I hate this movie. It's not even fun to piece apart, like the way the prequels are terrible.

Opinions aside, the fans don't understand the prequels well, either.

12 hours ago, Manakin Skywalker said:

You do realize Palatine returning was the #1 fan theory, right? There were two main theories for IX: either that Snoke was Plagueis (which was proven to not be the case when he was killed) or that they'd just copy Dark Empire and have Palpatine somehow return. You are not unique in this belief. Hell, even RLM predicted that. Being right about ONE thing that literally millions of other people were right about means absolutely nothing, and in no way means you're correct about further films.

As for "X already being completed", you have any proof of that?

Nonsense. Are you misremembering the state of the fandom or are you being disingenuous? The return of Emperor Palpatine was absolutely not "the #1 fan theory", nor did "literally millions of other people" predict it. In fact, the hardened disbelief of the theory/prediction on this forum is indication enough that it was not a common theory at all.

Regarding fan theories, most took shots in the dark, at best... or were clueless, at worst. The (online) fandom was dumbfounded when it was confirmed that Palpatine would be a major part of IX 'because at the end of ROTJ, he was tossed down a hole and got blown up!'

Dark Empire  existed in the EU because its story was personally approved by George Lucas, who was pleased with the way it turned out.

Ah, but I wasn't just "right about ONE thing". I also predicted that Rey was a creation/relative of Palpatine. I'm confident that many other theories of mine will be confirmed. It's your doubting and naysaying that really "means absolutely nothing, and in no way means you're correct" about anything.

Let me be clear: I don't work for Lucasfilm, Disney, or any associated company. I am not privy to inside information. I have no "proof" that Episode X has been completed. I have simply taken into consideration the swath of information that has been made publicly available (select film/canon excerpts, John Williams' scores, cast/crew interview answers, statements from George Lucas over the years, etc.) and 'put things together' in a way that makes complete sense. Some of these 'things' are more major than others. All told, I see what's coming with Star Wars and the grander implications as they pertain to our real lives. (Such is the reason this story was created.)

12 hours ago, Manakin Skywalker said:

Also you never addressed what I said about how thousands of people work on these films, and in public places. It would be physically impossible for nothing to leak during a film's production. That has never happened in the history of cinema, nor will it ever happen because it's just simply unrealistic.

You seem to have forgotten these Star Wars secrets that were not leaked over a year  from when they had been conceived/written/filmed/integrated into the canon, as claimed by the actors, themselves:

- Emperor Palpatine was the villain of Episode IX.

- Luke Skywalker returned in The Mandalorian  Season Two finale.

12 hours ago, Jay said:

Manakin, come on, Mattris is obviously trolling this entire board and you all keep engaging with him and keeping him going.  Why am I like the only one that sees this?  Why do you all continually engage?

Having the minority perspective and responding to those who address me makes me a troll? I don't think you have classified me correctly, Jay.

11 hours ago, mstrox said:

It’s all about the journey, not the destination.

As a life lesson to attain growth, this is normally true. But with Star Wars, I would argue that the destination matters greatly. Unfortunately, most of this audience has traversed this journey haphazardly and may have trouble wrapping their minds around the truth of it all.

10 hours ago, Manakin Skywalker said:

"Downtime leads to boredom, boredom leads to arguing, arguing leads to engaging with Mattris." -Yoda

@Mattris You know what? You're 100% correct. I see now that I was wrong. Episode X-XII are have been completely finished, and will be the best films ever made in the history of history. Episode VII-IX will also become some of the best films ever made because of this, and everyone who doesn't like them will suddenly love them. Also John Williams has already scored all thee of these films and will soon be back next year to score XIII-XIV, and they will be even better. You will be crowned king of JWFan, and replace Andreas and Ricard as site owner. The site will also be renamed to MattrisFan.

Sounds great!  :thumbup:

Wiser words have never been spoken @Mattris. Clearly you were right all along and we are all simply unable to comprehend the miraculous nature of your divine predictions, and are unworthy to receive them. #MattrisFan2022

"Mark my words, Kennedy will be fired."

Sure thing.

He also believed Disney is not not there to make money. They really extended Kennedy's contract because they wanted to push SJW agenda. Not because under her, the franchise has earned over 3 billion dollars. Because we also know big corporations don't care about money... 

:sarcasm:

As people learn over time, their assessments, opinions - and in this case, predictions - can change. This is what happened with me.

Updating those theories concerning Star Wars:

- Yes, Disney purchased Lucasfilm to use its IPs to, ultimately, make money.

- Kathleen Kennedy's contract was extended because they know she's been doing a good job. In the short term, they want the disenchanted masses to keep their distance from Star Wars, assuming she has her selfish, ignorant hands in most things... 'especially the projects and episodes I don't like!'

- Like most Hollywood film studios, there is perhaps some level of an 'SJW agenda' at Lucasfilm. But I see it no more than 'forced diversity' (pun intended) in that, as a percentage, there are more characters featured that are not white or male.

- While we don't know exactly how much money "the franchise has earned", I predict that Star Wars revenue is about to increase significantly.

@SteveMc, some people still want to discuss their Star Wars disenchantment, the more-controversial  Star Wars topics, or just make fun of me.

26 minutes ago, Chen G. said:

Like I said, its that time of year again...

I asked you before, @Chen G.: What happens at this time of the year?