Star Wars Disenchantment

John

Or the mosasaurus associates humans with being brought food, rather than being the food. She took it as Zara "brought" her the pterodactyl, so she ate the pterodactyl then coughed up Zara later. 

26 minutes ago, Steve McQueen said:

Cool it guys, I thought Stu was the one with the fever.:sarcasm:

(methinks this place should be moved to Other Topics.)

I was considering a relocation as well, I forgot to bring it up. I heard irrigation costs are cheaper in Other Topics.

Eh, try 80s and early 90s music videos and commercials if you're looking for that kind of high.  

Oh, and perhaps :lock2:

:peepwall:

9 minutes ago, Steve McQueen said:

Eh, try 80s and early 90s music videos and commercials if you're looking for that kind of high.  

Oh, and perhaps :lock2:

:peepwall:

Thank you for your contribution in the SWD Support Group, Steve. Would you like some arsenic lemon-strawberry-kiwi infused water? 

"I Don't Always Drink Lemon-Strawberry-Kiwi Infused Water.

But When I Do, It's Laced With Arsenic.

Stay Thristy, My Friends.

the-most-interesting-man-in-the-world-is-back--and-hes-no-longer-drinking-beer.png.jpg

What a moron. Obvious RCP fanboy right there.

Also that 6th comment infuriates me. Look at all these delusional idiots... they have no idea what they're talking about.

Creepy Luke.png

Lucasfilm, this is the genius right here. Hire him instead of that hack who did all the music editing for Disney SW. 4 movies in and I'm not even sure i can recall anything except some Jyn Erso music, which was fantastic. Where are the ST's Imperial March and Duel of the Fates?"

On 31/5/2018 at 6:47 PM, Nick Parker said:

In response to several posts, I'm taking the liberty of creating this thread as a response to a problem plaguing a number of members here: SWD, Star Wars Disenchantment. It's a common problem, but one that need not dominate your life, or that of your friends and family.

Good thing I don't have this.

I've seen people who either didn't like Star Wars before or who had no interest in it be into it now, which to me means something is working out fine. Star Wars is the most mainstream thing ever, so I guess there should be a Star Wars for everyone if we have to have thirty years of yearly Star Wars.

I don't understand the fatigue thing because it's like, two hours per year. It's always more of a fatigue about talking about it.

On 2/6/2018 at 12:46 AM, Disco Stu said:

But also it is serious.  Hollywood has a history of treating women like garbage.  I think it’s fantastic that Kennedy is in charge of Lucasfilm and is absolutely her reward and challenge for breaking through so many glass ceilings over a legendary career

She always hires the same kinda people though

On 2/6/2018 at 2:28 AM, Mattris said:

And even then, Luke wasn't actually present.

Guy has THE FORCE, what do you mean he wasn't actually present?

A movie has a famous character show he's boss and every shows a hissy fit. I don't get it.

(It also has the funny meta level of a motion picture about Skywalker being inspiring to people and blablabla... there's a meta thing going on in the writer's minds since they gave them Star Wars in TFA, which I can understand if someone doesn't connect with it in some way)

3 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

I did make that exact point in the same post

Ok sorry about the confusion

On 2/6/2018 at 11:28 PM, Mattris said:

Ignorance is bliss, I guess. But Star Wars is not "just a movie" as some keep saying. It's a cultural phenomenon, cherished by hundreds of millions of people. And many of them are upset that the people in charge of making these new movies have an agenda more than just telling a fun, dramatic story set "A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away".

Honestly, I think George Lucas in the seventies would find this line of thinking hilarious.

On 4/6/2018 at 2:51 PM, mstrox said:

My big hope is that this doesn't discourage Lucasfilm from more low-stakes Star Wars movies.  Solo worked well as a heist movie.  This universe can work without constant world-ending superweapons.

I think it shows the audiences may be more interested in solo films like Rogue One instead of nerdy fill-in-the-blanks about characters we already know (I haven't actually seen Solo yet).

If they can do that while doing lower stakes films, I'd be happy.

20 minutes ago, Brónach said:

I think it shows the audiences may be more interested in solo films like Rogue One instead of nerdy fill-in-the-blanks about characters we already know (I haven't actually seen Solo yet).

There is a lot of "filling in the blanks," but those things aren't the driving force of the story.  It's a self-contained heist adventure that informs the character of Han Solo, which also happens to include, like, Han meeting Chewie and the Kessel Run. The movie wasn't flawless, but it was all handled deftly enough that it didn't feel like it was a journey just to lock down moments in canon.

4 minutes ago, Brónach said:

I hear it is pretty good. I might see it tomorrow.

Wait, no, that's not what this thread is for...

Ohhhh, you came for THIS thread!

@StarWars posted “Happy Birthday Kathy Kennedy,” and guess what, the Shitheads are out on, surprise!, Twitter!

923CD98D-FC59-4E39-8EA5-3BE92F53BD42.png

This also tends to be my reaction when I don’t like a laser gun movie in outer space!

00003BAC-91BD-4FCA-A05D-BB49FB4DB2F5.jpeg

Kelly Marie Tran, the actress who played Rose in TLJ, recently deleted all her posts from her Instagram account, due to months of harassment and vitriol she has received since the movie's release.

Imagine, you're a young actor/actress in your first big movie (a Star Wars movie, of all things), and after the movie's release, you are relentlessly harassed on social media by trolls who are, from what I've seen firsthand, often sexists and racists. I really feel bad for her. No one should ever have to go through something like this.