Star Wars Disenchantment

John

8 hours ago, Manakin Skywalker said:

Here we are, just 16 hours after the final premier. I see no great error being corrected...

Seconded.

Unless @Mattris is looking for signs in the bottom of a coffee mug (which wouldn't surprise me by this point), I fail to see any of his prophecies coming into fruition. Small wonder...

Just one comment on another topic what I really don't like about the new Star Wars besides many other things that they don't allow other species than human to age. I understand, that almost all species besides humans live longer. But they don't live forever. And why not give grey to Chewbacca in the sequels, why not let Asoka in the Mandalorian be an elderly woman, no matter how fit she kicks ass with these soldiers.

Lost opportunity. 

22 hours ago, Manakin Skywalker said:

Here we are, just 16 hours after the final premier. I see no great error being corrected...

DeficientMasculineCurassow-small.gif

It's the system assimilating some program that's not doing what it's supposed to be doing. 

You and I may not be able to see beyond our own choices, but that man can't see beyond any choice. He doesn't understand them, he can't, to him they're variables in an equation. One at a time, each variable must be solved and counted. 

Usually, a program chooses exile when it faces deletion. When it does, it can choose to either hide here, or return to the source. 

That's where Mattris must go. 

Where the path of the One ends. 

• 3 weeks later...

Perhaps!  Following it back to the source, some guy named WDW Pro, I scrolled through their post history.  It was full of Star Wars rumors that never came to pass, but who knows if their parks rumors are more reliable.  They claim to have a 75% success rate with rumors.

I’m sure Disney has an army of analysts to determine the most profitable amount of Rapunzels vs. Snow Whites to feature in their parks. How inclusive or insensitive is Moana this quarter? That’s what we’re talking about.

19 hours ago, Jay said:

I would not recommend posting articles from WGTC. They are known in the SW community as a con site, led by the infamous piece of shit who calls himself Mike Zeroh. Literally everything they post is fake.

No need to apologize - the Star Wars rumor network’s tendrils run deep.  Sometimes bits of it get reported so much (never by real outlets, but by enough thirsty mid-level comic book ad-buy outfits) that it becomes spoken of like it’s true - things like Pedro being pissy about having to wear his Mando helmet (despite most of the helmet stuff being done by stuntmen anyway) or, idk, the 500 times Kathleen Kennedy has been fired or near firing in the last six years.  

There’s like this whole narrative that people subscribe to even though it’s all nonsense generated to drive clicks.  Much like any conspiracy theory, people can buy into only the parts they’re willing to believe, or they can go all in - and when things are disproven or don’t happen, it’s somehow twisted into something that verifies the truth of the conspiracy. Star Wars rumormongers:  like Q-anon for nerds. 

4 hours ago, mstrox said:

I had no idea Zeroh had a website.  I was suspicious of the initial source, but if it's being puffed up by Mike Zeroh then it's guaranteed garbage

Let me rephrase: Zeroh doesn't own the website, the rumors being reported on the site link to his videos most of the time. So either way he's associated with them. I mean, I guess he could own the website or work for them, I have no clue.

On 1/5/2021 at 2:08 PM, mstrox said:

I had no idea Zeroh had a website.  I was suspicious of the initial source, but if it's being puffed up by Mike Zeroh then it's guaranteed garbage

Yeah, but it's probably still true, but more because they want to focus on what's hot now. There's nothing coming out anytime soon for the Disney trilogy era. It's all Mandalorian all the time now.

...though I will say it's suspicious that everything merch wise is the OT and Mando, and not the most recent set of movies they just wrapped up and was still in theaters the last time those were a thing.

Business wise it does make sense. I could be wrong but everything I hear in regards to merchandising sales these days is that all of the new stuff, Sequel Trilogy especially, barely moves off the shelf.

Disney won’t keep funnelling money into a loss, so in an optimistic sense it shows that the consumer does actually have the ability to affect the decisions made for a franchise - just as always, gotta vote with your wallet

1 hour ago, Demodex said:

Where is the troll?  It's been way more than 16 hours since the end of The Mandalorian. 

1 hour ago, Manakin Skywalker said:

He finally realized he was completely wrong and skipped town.

Wait, what did I miss?

On 12/20/2020 at 10:13 AM, Arpy said:

The Mattrissorian 

The clues are on the sheets...

41qLcosfdbL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Is there a double bed version, or has it maybe been assumed that the sort of person who would buy Mandalorian bedding probably sleeps alone? 

9 hours ago, Nick Parker said:

Wait, what did I miss?

On 12/17/2020 at 4:38 AM, Mattris said:

It's an instinct... a feeling...

16 HOURS after The Mandalorian season 2 finale, my vindication will begin.

"At last the work of generations is complete. The great error is corrected. The day of victory is at hand. The day of revenge. The day of the Sith."

― Emperor Palpatine's broadcast prior to the Battle of Exegol

On 12/19/2020 at 4:18 PM, Chen G. said:

Either Mattris is readjusting his conspiracy theorem; or he's just sitting somewhere with a big "ERROR" sign in his eyes.

I'm curious to know which one it is.

Certainly no big "ERROR" sign in my eyes, Chen. No readjustment needed, either, since not seeing Episode X in 2020 makes no difference to my "conspiracy theorem", which is based in substantive and consistent canon evidence, not commonly-held opinions and assessments such as, 'The new trilogy was stupid and made no sense!'

Turns out, seeing Luke Skywalker in his prime was the big reveal for 2020. Mark Hamill said that the scene had been in the works for a year. So Lucasfilm has proven themselves quite capable of keeping secrets.

On 1/10/2021 at 10:48 PM, Manakin Skywalker said:

He finally realized he was completely wrong and skipped town.

Since I don't wish to spoil it for you all, specifics of what I've "realized" about Star Wars will be posted shorty before X comes out. (I predict a May or December '21 release.)

Mark my words, Manakin, it's you - and countless others around the world - who will be proven "completely wrong"... about a great many things. 😈

7 hours ago, Mattris said:

specifics of what I've "realized" about Star Wars will be posted shorty before X comes out. (I predict a May or December '21 release.)

"Readjusting" it is, then! 

10 hours ago, Holko said:

Yeah right. He's just reinventing his completely foolproof definitive theory every time and acts like everything's going well. At least lately he barely even writes it out, just implies that he knows things to cover this act up.

That's how conspiracy theories work - every fact supports the theory.  Facts that disprove the theory are actually supportive of the theory because it means They are working overtime to cover it up.  

I'm not gonna yuck your yum, buddy - better Qui-Gon than Q-anon as far as I'm concerned.  I just came in here to see if anyone knew where I could get a good hot dog.

I’m sure somewhere out there there’s probably a Wagnerite Mattris who’s still sure that Bayreuth are holding back, just waiting to unveil a secret sequel to Gotterdamerung for the last century and a half...

On 1/10/2021 at 10:37 PM, Demodex said:

Where is the troll?  It's been way more than 16 hours since the end of The Mandalorian. 

How am I a troll? Is it because I posted a lot and stayed on-topic? Is it because I'm not disenchanted? Is it because I present logical conclusions based on canon evidence, while you are limited to opinions and assumptions? Please tell me, @Demodex.

On 1/12/2021 at 4:24 AM, Holko said:

Yeah right. He's just reinventing his completely foolproof definitive theory every time and acts like everything's going well. At least lately he barely even writes it out, just implies that he knows things to cover this act up.

More like refining my "definitive theory" using the contents of the films and canon material. How have you been spending your time with Star Wars, @Holko? Poking fun at me will get you absolutely nowhere.

The theory I already presented is "completely foolproof". But you still haven't understood/accepted it. What might that imply? It's obvious that you haven't taken me seriously and haven't corroborated my film/canon findings. You would be wise to re-read my more-recent posts. Looking back on it, I said too much, really.

My realizations and discoveries have become so meaningful that it would be foolish of me to reveal them to so many undeserving/unappreciative people, at least at this point in time.

On 1/12/2021 at 4:53 AM, Chen G. said:

"Readjusting" it is, then! 

I came up with the '16 hours until my vindication begins' prediction literally an hour before I posted it here. Turns out, Luke Skywalker saving the day was the big surprise for the end of 2020. Fine.

But I fully stand by what I posted in this thread over the last seven months. This should worry that likes of you, @Chen G.. In that time, what Star Wars discoveries or conclusions have you made?

Along with the Star Wars fandom at large, you are in for the (entertainment) shock of a lifetime. While Readjusting isn't one of the 5 Stages of Grief, Acceptance will have to do.

On 1/12/2021 at 9:50 AM, mstrox said:

That's how conspiracy theories work - every fact supports the theory.  Facts that disprove the theory are actually supportive of the theory because it means They are working overtime to cover it up.  

I'm not gonna yuck your yum, buddy - better Qui-Gon than Q-anon as far as I'm concerned.  I just came in here to see if anyone knew where I could get a good hot dog.

That's just it, @mstrox. Those who disagree with me present "facts" like 'It's a fact that they had no plan for the Saga/trilogy!' or 'It's a fact that somebody who works for Lucasfilm said something incriminating!' It might be a fact that you assume something to be true or that somebody said something that doesn't paint these films in the best light. But in reality, you have no proof that  those 'somethings' are actually true. Best to get your information from the canon material and films. The key to the truth is to look at things from a certain point of view.

On 1/12/2021 at 11:54 AM, Demodex said:

In 2050 when there is still no Episode X Mattriss is going to be like, "Guys, I know it's going to be soon, so I can't tell you my bullshit theory!"

Didn't I already "tell you my bullshit theory"? Granted, there's more to it... that I will postpone divulging until right before Episode X comes out... or 2050, whichever comes first.

On 1/13/2021 at 5:54 PM, Manakin Skywalker said:

Damn, how could be be so blind? Mattris is the greatest actor who ever lived!

Nah, just one of the greatest Star Wars fans who ever lived.

To those who continue to publicly doubt me: If (when) I'm eventually proven correct in my Star Wars assessments, your continual badgering will mean that all this time you were only digging yourself deeper and deeper into embarrassment. What folly and failure.

But in fairness, this discussion/debate was a notable facet of my journey to enlightenment. So thanks for that, everyone! :thumbup:

It’s getting pretty overwrought and unconvincing, the italics in particular come across as very artificial

I mean, maybe they’re trying to signal that they are being satirical? Yet even then, so much of the point comes from you mistaking it for something real so idk

4 hours ago, Mattris said:

Along with the Star Wars fandom, you are in for the (entertainment) shock of a lifetime.

Good one!

Not quite as funny as that anagram stuff, but you're getting there. Maybe.

5 hours ago, Mattris said:

Didn't I already "tell you my bullshit theory" a couple pages back?

If you did then we all missed it, because we "are in for the (entertainment) shock of a lifetime."

So, no, you didn't tell us your bullshit theory. That's why I call you a troll. Because you pretend to know something we all don't, but it's all bullshit. 

Please tell us your great theory, TROLL. 

18 hours ago, Holko said:

Whoever is doing this parody puppet account is doing a brilliant job!

Pathetic.

14 hours ago, DarthDementous said:

It’s getting pretty overwrought and unconvincing, the italics in particular come across as very artificial

I mean, maybe they’re trying to signal that they are being satirical? Yet even then, so much of the point comes from you mistaking it for something real so idk

So I can't even emphasize words without being criticized?

Allow me to put to bed any thought that I'm being "artificial" or "satirical". Perhaps you're unaware that I predicted Palpatine's return - and that Rey would be related to him - when everyone here thought I was nuts.

Why would you think I haven't discovered "something real" in this instance? I can assure you, I have.

13 hours ago, Chen G. said:

Good one!

Not quite as funny as that anagram stuff, but you're getting there. Maybe.

Oh, I'll get there, Chen... within 16 hours of X.

13 hours ago, Demodex said:

If you did then we all missed it, because we "are in for the (entertainment) shock of a lifetime."

So, no, you didn't tell us your bullshit theory. That's why I call you a troll. Because you pretend to know something we all don't, but it's all bullshit. 

Please tell us your great theory, TROLL. 

The "shock" comes when you're proven wrong, and I'm proven right... again.

On Page 142, I revealed my theory. Before and after that, I presented relevant film/canon evidence across numerous posts. Nothing about the theory is bullshit. Like Arpy, it seems you have a personal problem with the likelihood that you don't understand Star Wars... and have sunk into a state of denial without any substantive rebuttal or counter-position.

So by your definition, I am not a troll. You, on the other hand...

Unless I'm mistaken your theory is that Rey will now host the soul of Palpatine. So what is the big shocking revelation?  That Lucasfilm would actually make an Episode X?

The existence of an (already made) Episode X - to begin another trilogy - isn't what will be the most shocking.

It won't even be the fact that Emperor Palpatine's Sith spirit survived and passed into Rey's body, as he literally warned would happen if she killed him. Remember, he also commanded Luke Skywalker, "Strike me down with all of your hatred, and your journey toward the dark side will be complete!"

No, the main shock will be that the Star Wars fandom didn't understand the Saga on a fundamental level... and were played as fools for decades.