ocelot

Concert tonight at the Royal Albert Hall. Anyone going?

lol, right? I have tickets so I'll be there as usual.... 

I had two seats. This is my date 😂 

image.jpg

1 minute ago, Holko said:

Wow, you have a shirt?

I was forced to wear one coming into the venue. Very annoying of them! I mean I work out so I don’t have to wear a shirt lol

33 minutes ago, Holko said:

Wow, you have a shirt?

I was going to write the exact same thing! :lol:

34 minutes ago, ocelot said:

Intermission.Time for ice cream 😛 Or champagne? lol 

6F1FDEE4-EBF0-42BF-93D7-A6B3D708ACF3.jpeg

I'd go for grown-up drinks for the JW selections, and ice cream for Zimmer.

1 hour ago, TGP said:

Aye this looks like a fine concert featuring fine selections from two excellent musicians of our time.  Should be great for any attending.

I have to say, it was fun all around. There wasn’t an empty seat anywhere and the whole audience had a great time. I looked around and no one was bored or talking or looking at phones. Most were bopping their heads and just smiles all over the place. On to Close Encounters Concert film next week, probably with my bag as my are again 😂 

6 hours ago, Stefancos said:

Heretic!

Off with his Balls! Burn him at the Stake! Stake? Steak? Whatever....

BTW your seat for the Williams Concert is closer than the ones I am on now :)

2 hours ago, Jurassic Shark said:

I'll have you know that the pic I have as my avatar is probably the tamest I have in regards to no shirt, lol.....

Wow, the guy that is one of the last living connections to the world of classic orchestral music and the guy that writes down four chords and calls it "score". Don't get me wrong, I do not not like Hans Zimmer, he's a good pop musician and sound designer - but this battle is quite unfair. Zimmer wouldn't even be accepted for composition scholastics. Jerry Goldsmith vs John Williams or James Horner vs Danny Elfman - that'd be fair!

2 minutes ago, Brundlefly said:

Wow, the guy that is one of the last living connections to the world of classic orchestral music and the guy that writes down four chords and calls it "score". Don't get me wrong, I do not not like Hans Zimmer, he's a good pop musician and sound designer - but this battle is quite unfair. Zimmer wouldn't even be accepted for composition scholastics. Jerry Goldsmith vs John Williams or James Horner vs Danny Elfman - that'd be fair!

Haha, it wasn't a competition between the two. Zimmer had added pre recorded synths to pump up the orchestra, so people got to see two sides of scoring for film. One pure classical orchestral and the other more pop, big orchestral sounds and synth prerecords. It was just about sitting and enjoying the scores you love or like. Some love one over another and others love both. There's room for everyone. Wait, what's wrong with me? Did I OD on Xanax?!

1 hour ago, Brundlefly said:

I have already been wondering how they solved that problem with the composers' different demands of instruments.

Well they have the standard full orchestra which Williams writes for (triple winds, big brass section) and Zimmer's music has been arranged for that size orchestra so that his music can be played in concert plus then as I said, prerecords of synths, samples and extra drums for his.

5 hours ago, Holko said:

Wow, you have a shirt?

4 hours ago, Jurassic Shark said:

BTW, I was gonna say, there are more of me dressed and undressed on my instagram @waelbinali I know you so want to go there lol :)

2 hours ago, Brundlefly said:

I have already been wondering how they solved that problem with the composers' different demands of instruments.

The six guys sitting on toilet bowls are hidden behind the timpani.

Here's the first encore. Sorry it was blurry to start. I had to be sneaky to record this and at one point I had to hide my phone!

1 hour ago, TGP said:

When will they stop doing cringey shit like that at these concerts?

It's the encore, you can have a little fun with it. Although he did come in as Jack Sparrow before and said his wife is always mistaking him for Johnny Depp.

This concept has endless possibilities.  Tickets for Manfredini v Rosenman would fetch thousands on the secondary market with the enticing prospect of a blood-spattered Jason Voorhees staggering out from the wings to conduct the encore.