Star Wars 3/4 time signatures

Morag

Is any of the Star Wars Universe music in 3/4 timing?  It's for a dance (Swedish Masquerade). There are lots of options for the March (e.g. Imperial March), and the Polka (e.g. Star Wars Theme), but I'm stuck trying to find something Star Wars themed that would fit in for the Waltz in the middle. Thanks.

6 hours ago, Morag said:

Is any of the Star Wars Universe music in 3/4 timing?  It's for a dance (Swedish Masquerade). There are lots of options for the March (e.g. Imperial March), and the Polka (e.g. Star Wars Theme), but I'm stuck trying to find something Star Wars themed that would fit in for the Waltz in the middle. Thanks.

Of course you can always adapt music to fit a 3/4 time when it's not written as such. Something about the melody of Rey's Theme, which is in 4/4, makes it a particularly good waltz when adapted to 3/4. Have a listen to the mockup I did below:

http://picosong.com/wfnek/

"Adventures of Han"!

"Across the Stars" is in 9/8 for the most part, though not really a waltz.

Per Ludwig's suggestion, the Force Theme translates nicely to 3/4 and obviously an iconic choice.

This sounds very classical (I can't put my finger on where I've heard it before), but its Powell. Just that little bit around the 50 second mark.

John Powell's Star Wars Slavonic Dance, if it helps...