Music by John Williams - The T-Shirt

Marian Schedenig

Looks pretty cool actually.  I wouldn't mind one as a yoga shirt to match my nasa nike shirt.  Is it sort of stretchy and good with sweat/quick drying?

14 minutes ago, karelm said:

Looks pretty cool actually.  I wouldn't mind one as a yoga shirt to match my nasa nike shirt.  Is it sort of stretchy and good with sweat/quick drying?

The premium shirt I selected (as opposed to the thicker regular one) is comfortably light and smooth and I guess you could call it slightly stretchy. I've used the same shirt and print type for a couple of shirts for the choir I sing in, and they all still feel soft and light even after wearing them regularly, and also retain their colours and prints very well. A friend told me the print on his shirt is beginning to wear off though, so your mileage may vary, but I've found them to be more robust than most printed shirts I've ordered elsewhere.

Aw man and I was thinking about buying this in a couple of weeks.  Although would shipping from EU for a t-shirt have been astronomical?

Either way, put it back up Marian!

5 hours ago, Maglorfin said:

@Marian Schedenig, what's this all about?!? :eh:

This product is no longer available.

We’ve removed it from our assortment. Have a look around in our Shop, you’ll be sure to find something you like!

Darth-vader-no.gif

4 hours ago, Maglorfin said:

@Marian Schedenig, what's this all about?!? :eh:

This product is no longer available.

We’ve removed it from our assortment. Have a look around in our Shop, you’ll be sure to find something you like!

They've taken it down for violation of personality rights.

Actually, I was a bit worried about this, which is why I hadn't put it up earlier. But given the huge number of inofficial fan shirts on the net, and no clear results from my (admittedly superficial) Google research, I figured it's probably ok, given that the design is pretty generic (though recognisable).

If anyone actually knows about this kind of stuff, please tell. If it turns out that this sort of thing is perfectly ok, I might look for another site to host it.

John Williams: the T-shirt! John Williams: the Coloring Book! John Williams: the Lunchbox! John Williams: the Breakfast Cereal! John Williams: the Flame Thrower!

5 hours ago, Richard said:

Which font/film? ST:TMP would be brilliant.

That's one idea. Ideally something that's recognisable, musically iconic, and can be reproduced without pirating a copyrighted font.

51 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Does the special edition come with a turtleneck?

If I find a new place to host the shirt, I'll check if they can do turtlenecks. (Spreadshirt couldn't)

I really would like to know more about the legal situation though. Anyone?

2 hours ago, mstrox said:

John Williams: the T-shirt! John Williams: the Coloring Book! John Williams: the Lunchbox! John Williams: the Breakfast Cereal! John Williams: the Flame Thrower!

John Williams: Dentures worn by the man himself

2 hours ago, Jurassic Shark said:

John Williams: The John Williams

That CD release called John Williams Conducts John Williams: The Star Wars Trilogy, you know that one? I always thought it was funny that it said John Williams Conducts John Williams.It's like if someone made a documentary about his life and he wrote the score!

5 minutes ago, Jerry said:

That CD release called John Williams Conducts John Williams: The Star Wars Trilogy, you know that one? I always thought it was funny that it said John Williams Conducts John Williams.It's like if someone made a documentary about his life and he wrote the score!

Isn't Star Wars a documentary about JW's life?

Image result for john williams png

JOHN WILLIAMS: A JOHN WILLIAMS STORY

Directed by John Williams  Produced by John Williams  Based off of John Williams Starring John Williams

In association with John Williams   

Score composed by Michael Giacchino

2 hours ago, mstrox said:

Hopefully, we'll all be back in JOHN WILLIAMS II: THE SEARCH FOR MORE OSCARS™

• 1 year later...

Came across this link while looking today with the Star Wars version:
https://www.redbubble.com/people/agustilopez/works/35640769-music-by-john-williams

I did a search and found this shirt with versions from all movies! (any missing?)
https://www.teepublic.com/t-shirt/3633251-music-by-john-williams

I can’t decide – any other options out there?

3 hours ago, MarkRSmith said:

Came across this link while looking today with the Star Wars version:
https://www.redbubble.com/people/agustilopez/works/35640769-music-by-john-williams

Hey, someone "stole" "my" design! :P I guess I should have put it on Redbubble rather than spreadshirt.

I remember I had a 'Filmmusikk' T-shirt some 20 years ago (in STAR WARS font), which I often wore. But these days, it gets a bit too "geeky" for my taste, sorry to say. Not a criticism against those who wear them; just not for me. But hey -- some clever designs going on here!

I designed this as the back of a shrt, sort of like a rockband touring shirt, with an image of Steven Spielberg on the front. Haven't posted it anyplace as a "design" to purchase. Uncertain if it would even be allowed. No, it's not fully or exclusively Williams but it's pretty darn close.

Speilberg-01-Back.jpg

I'm actually working on something that may allow me to produce this, or similar, garments and other assorted items. I do really like the OP's original idea as well. 

• 2 years later...

I’ve thought of an interesting idea while reading this thread. Why don’t you print The Imperial March sheet music on the back of a t-shirt? Imagine if you sing in a choir and the person behind you tries to sing his part while also trying to figure out what the hell is written on your back! You can have John Williams’ name on the front or not. That’s it, I’m making a shirt like this myself! I’ve made a couple of custom print shirts at https://matohash.com/ and have never been asked a question.

On 28/12/2019 at 12:07 AM, FC4L said:

I designed this as the back of a shrt, sort of like a rockband touring shirt, with an image of Steven Spielberg on the front. Haven't posted it anyplace as a "design" to purchase. Uncertain if it would even be allowed. No, it's not fully or exclusively Williams but it's pretty darn close.

Speilberg-01-Back.jpg

I'm actually working on something that may allow me to produce this, or similar, garments and other assorted items. I do really like the OP's original idea as well. 

Nice, but...er... you forgot POLTERGEIST.