How do you feel about Episode III?

UCFKevin

How do you feel about Episode III?  

49 members have voted

1. 1.

• Couldn't pay me enough to see it.
    • Eh...I don't care about it one way or the other.
    • Ahhhh, I'll probably see it just to see what happens.
    • I'm looking forward to it.
    • Oh my GOD, I'm so pumped for it. I just wet me knickers!

Personally, right now I'm really looking forward to it but there's nothing that has me really chomping at the bit like I was for AOTC and TPM. Perhaps when some more news comes around, I'll get more excited for it, but right now, honestly, I'm just really wanting Indy IV to get done so I can see the trailer at the movie theaters and lose my mind.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My expectations are low after Episode II (i thought Williams would have chosen a different way, to unify all the films). I like the score though.

I prefer Indiana Jones IV.

Maybe with my few expectations, I find a great score. Hope so.

2 years are too much! Can't wait!

I want, no, I need to see what happens, how Anakin turns to the Dark Side and all. I'm actually quite fond of the Prequel trilogy as good fun (I've covered that before), so there's no reason for me to have low expectations. I know what I'm going to find. Bad dialogue and acting, some music trims, and a lot of gadgets and needless space creatures.

But a lot of fun on top of that. And those historic moments we've been waiting for since early 1999.

I wasn't disappointed by Episode I or II because my expectations were the same: "whether a good or a bad movie, this is going to have me entertained". Ever since Return of the Jedi, I've learnt to not look for quality and depht in a George Lucas-involved production, just pure and sheer entertainment. I don't see a reason why Episode III will be different from any of its predecessors (sp?).

Ever since Return of the Jedi, I've learnt to not look for quality and depht in a George Lucas-involved production,

Nice to see that some people don't mind lowering their standards.

Neil

Well, those were my thoughts on the score. As for the film, I would be happy if it were, at least, half good as Episode I or 2 (both were great).

I predict huge clappings for the moment when Vader will make his appearence for the first time.

I predict huge clappings for the moment when Vader will make his appearence for the first time.

"I predict huge clappings for the moment when" the end credits are finally over. :)

Neil

I've enjoyed the prequels as entertainment and want to see how it ends but I'm not going ga ga over it. It's not the great trilogy that some expected but it's good fun and I'm all for that.

Brian99_1

I'm looking forward to Episode 3, i didn't really like number 2, but 3, this is the time when things should start to look like and feel like the OT. I think i'm looking foward to just watching the (possibly) last Star Wars film. I really like Episode 1, i hope that 3 is not like 2.

As long as Lucas gets a good script doctor so the characters will have good dialogue to speak (something that's entirely missing in the prequels), there may be hope yet.

I really look forward to see Anakin's fall to the dark side. I wished Lucas had put more "Vaderisms" in Episode II to hint Anakin's descent, but I guess that'll have to wait for the next film. Mainly, I just want to see Anakin mow down a group of Jedi that are trying to stop him.

I'm looking forward to it now, but I'm sure I'll get more excited closer to its release. Actually, I think I'll be more excited about the whole 'event' of seeing the last SW film in theatres than about the film itself.

Ray Barnsbury

Anyway I am in the "I'll see it just to see what happens".

I doubt I will pay to see it. I will just use my Ninja skills to sneak in behind my local cineplex's INTRICATE THEATRE SWAP DETECTION SYSTEMS! :)

Or I will just go to a dirt cheap ass matinee.

Way I figure it is I've come this far. May as well see this sucker through for better or for worse.

I wished Lucas had put more "Vaderisms" in Episode II to hint Anakin's descent

Don't see how he could have, he did that part well at least.

Anyway, I'll see it just to see what happens and because it has Williams.

Nice to see that some people don't mind lowering their standards.

That disturbs since I didn't know I had ever had high standards for Lucas. When I saw ANH I thought it was very good. When I saw ESB, I thought it was great. But that doesn't imply I thought that the next movie would logically have to be perfect.

Ender, you wrote "Ever since Return of the Jedi, I've learnt to not look for quality and depht[sic] in a George Lucas-involved production". That implies that you know and accept that what you get certainly will not be as good as what you had. If we accept the lowest common denominator, we are not bettering ourselves. I don't know about you but I want the best, not second best. Thats what kills me about Star Wars. Lucas' best is better than most everyone elses, but his worst is as bad as everyone else. He has set up such a high level of expectation with American Graffiti and Star Wars that I find it very difficult to accept his modern films.

Neil

I think I'm cautiously optimistic more than anything. Based on what still needs to happen in the story to get Anakin evil, "die," don the suit, the kids born and divvied up, the backlash from the secret wedding, the establishment of the Empire, and potentially a visit to Dagobah (maybe Ben drops Yoda off there on his way to Tatooine with Luke...) and another mention of the Geonosians' Death Star technology...based on that and more, the story has to be good. It all falls on the execution and direction now more than anything.

I actually think I'm looking forward to this more than Indy IV, which I don't know a thing about. What religious artifact is left for Dr. Jones to seek that could possibly have apocalyptic implications, like the Ark of the Covenant and Grail? I liked the bogus screen play "Indiana Jones and the Sons of Darkness" because it made the Soviets the bad guys which makes sense with an Indiana Jones in his 50's after the defeat of the Nazis, it brought Marion back as Indy's love interest of choice since the trip to the bar after the events in Raiders ended resulted in something, and it gave Indy a reason to look for Noah's Ark, or more accurately, something on the wrecked ship itself. Indy found Atlantis in a video game, and that was just a so-so Disney film. I can't really think of anything else left to find, and the artifacts themselves are part of what makes Indy so cool. Besides, if the rumours are true, I don't want to see Willie return, even is she is Spielberg's wife.

We'll see what happens.

Yes, I see your point.

But, and this maybe because I haven't seen anything signed by Lucas previous to 1977, I have always considered Star Wars and Empire Strikes Back as exceptions and Return of the Jedi as standard for Lucas. I can't explain it, but it may have something to do with my seeing Willow and Howard the Duck (both films I personally dislike) before the Star Wars trilogy.

So I had low standards when I saw the first Star Wars, and it surprised me. When I saw ESB I was also surprised. And when I saw Return of the Jedi, it confirmed me of what I already suspected of Lucas' personal style.

That, only poorly expressed, is what I thought was clear in my previous posts.

I'm really looking forward to it and I'm sure it will have very memorable moments no matter what. I hope it all comes through as a whole and I also have high expectations for hayden's performance, since in this film he may have the chance to trully shine as Anakin. I supose we can take great action sequences for granted. I'm kinda expecting for Lucas to unleash all his tricks from his sleeve in this film, since it's the last star wars movie and he may have been saving several ideas for it, and that can have a positive side and a negative side. I'm pretty confident I'll enjoy the movie, but I would be very happy if Episode III was considered consesually by the starwars fans (a thing I don't think it's possible) as a great movie.

Merkel, he kinda has to unleash everything. There's nothing to lose at this point, this IS the last SW movie ever, so...I dunno. He better go all out, you know? Just say "Screw it, let's get nuts," and make it friggin' incredible.

I have hopes. As well as doubts. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst. That's how I live.

I supose we can take great action sequences for granted.

In a Star Wars movie? No way LOL

scissorhands, who thinks action sequences have improved in every film, being the AOTC ones the best

Like I said,I really want one thing the most,a c.d. saying:Star Wars Episode 3,Music Composed and Conducted by John Williams.

K.M.

Movies has changed altogether since the original trilogy, and not altogether for the better. And Lucas seems to be more into making money than to do something original. Take Jar Jar and all the childlish gimmicks in TPM clearly aimed at kids and compare it to the originality of f.i. The Matrix.

I'm looking forward to the anticipation and the trailers that almost make it seem like a decent film. :)

Justin -Who thought the AOTC trailer campaign was great. (It doesn't seem as good now that I've seen the movie. ;))

You know for years before TPM I was hoping the final Prequel would feature a cameo by a young Han Solo. However, now I hope they don't put him anywhere in it!!!

I'm looking forward to it, just as I have anticipated all the Star Wars films. There hasn't been one, new or old, which I haven't enjoyed.

Ted

Well, I'm not in the camp of Jedi detractors, but if Jedi was different from its predecessors in that it sucked, isn't it possible that Episode III could be different from its predecessors in that it'll be awesome?

Logical...isn't it? :

I'm looking forward to the anticipation and the trailers that almost make it seem like a decent film. :music:

Justin -Who thought the AOTC trailer campaign was great. (It doesn't seem as good now that I've seen the movie. :))

Justin, you are far too young to be that cynical. You're the prime demographic that most movies are made for and this is the thanks that they get for tailor making movies primed to get your money? Enjoy it now, and then in 10 or 12 years you can realize what a fool you've been.

Neil - no longer a key demographic

I still wonder if Lucas will make Episode 3 truly the last SW film.

I am sure he has done so much wavering over the years so he can always have the Sequel Trilogy to fall back on.

If it ever does get done hopefully Lucas will have the sense to hire alternative directors to do his work for him this time.

Lets hope the Prequels taught him something.

Justin, you are far too young to be that cynical. You're the prime demographic that most movies are made for and this is the thanks that they get for tailor making movies primed to get your money? Enjoy it now, and then in 10 or 12 years you can realize what a fool you've been.  

LOL Hey don't get me wrong I think the prequels are fun movies in parts. I still really like all the action sequences in AOTC. Except for some of the Arena battle. However there is nothing fun about the Picnic or Fireside Scene. (Well I suppose it depends on who you ask. :) )

Justin -Who thinks the best scene of AOTC is Jango's Escape. :music:

However there is nothing fun about the Picnic or Fireside Scene. (Well I suppose it depends on who you ask. ;) )

Not that it was supposed to be "fun" in the first place...

Well, I'm not in the camp of Jedi detractors, but if Jedi was different from its predecessors in that it sucked, isn't it possible that Episode III could be different from its predecessors in that it'll be awesome?

It's harder to make a good movie than a bad movie, and the first 2 certainly weren't good....

I for one love ROTJ, both film and score. The scenes in the emperor's throne room are the best in the SW saga in my humble opinion.

Romão, big Ian Mcdiarmid fan.

but if <I>Jedi</I> was different from its predecessors in that it sucked

Perhaps for you it sucked, but for me it's the best of the Star Wars movies. And my opinion hasn't changed in 20 years

but if Jedi was different from its predecessors in that it sucked

Perhaps for you it sucked, but for me it's the best of the Star Wars movies. And my opinion hasn't changed in 20 years

Um, Ricard....did you read my entire post? Please be more careful.

Otherwise, I agree with you entirely. I love it.

Um, Ricard....did you read my entire post?  

Yes of course. I always read the posts in their entirety. This is what you wrote:

Please be more careful.

LOL I don't understand why *I* should be more careful, when you're the one who repeatedly writes contradictory/sarcastic/misleading posts that most of the times lead to misunderstandings (as the above example proves).

Please Alan, be more careful. :D

Not that it was supposed to be "fun" in the first place...

I'm not sure what it was supposed to be...

Justin -Surley not emotional. :D

Um, Ricard....did you read my entire post?  

Yes of course. I always read the posts in their entirety. This is what you wrote:

Please be more careful.

LOL I don't understand why *I* should be more careful, when you're the one who repeatedly writes contradictory/sarcastic/misleading posts that most of the times lead to misunderstandings (as the above example proves).

Please Alan, be more careful. :D

Well, folks, I've been waiting for the definitive clincher, and here it is, despite all that has come before. Oh, I'll be more careful, more than you can possibly imagine.

Best,

Alan

P.S. Hey, Justin, I'm pretty sure Lucas intended them to be heartrending (potentially making the meadow picnic--with all its bright, exuberant imagery--all the more powerful by virtue of irony). Their romance is forbidden, and yet they succumb to it. It's obviously not a situation to take lightly or poke fun at, or from which to expect swashbuckling thrills, as in the action sequences you noted. Unfortunately, for many snickering (understandably) audience members, as you suggested, these scenes were great fun because they achieved self-parody, resulting in unintended humor for those who were receptive (i.e., those who didn't feel that their enjoyment of the film hinged on a believable love story).

I do agree with you, Justin, about "Jango's Escape," although I also particularly enjoyed the brief exchange between Obi-Wan and the guy trying to sell him death sticks. It was one of the few scenes of intended humor that really worked, I thought.

P.P.S. I'm outta here.

P.P.S. I'm outta here.

Please let that be a joke. Can't you see from people's comments and repsonses after your return that you were sorely missed? I would imagine that your humor and posts in general are very much appreciated by many here, and I know they definitely are by me.

Ray Barnsbury

My question is will we ever get to see the most dreaded nemesis in all of the SW universe again?

YOU KNOW WHO I AM TALKING ABOUT!!!!!!!!

Thats right I am talking about Jar Jar Binks. Ready to continue his reign of terror in the SW universe. :P