SAVING PRIVATE RYAN 20th Anniversary Edition from La-La Land Records

Jay

Probably concessions were made, like "Okay, Mr. Williams, we'll do SPR you way but the next release will be our way". Or maybe MM made him an offer he couldn't refuse.

what's the bonus tracks?

is the 2 minutes of unreleased music on there?

Is there an unused "action version" of Hymn to the Fallen

1 hour ago, phbart said:

I bet those 2 minutes of unreleased material are SFX demos of guns firing and bombs exploding. Maybe some dialogue snippets too. Didn't Earthquake had a SFX track on the Varèse CD?

C'mon, it's not a Kunzel album.

34 minutes ago, Cherry Pie That'll Kill Ya said:

Jack Wagner?

Nick_Marone-0.jpg

I don't trust a guy without hair on his chest.

1 hour ago, crumbs said:

Is JW revisiting the OST assembly unusual because he would ordinarily make up his mind about an expansion without going to the trouble of revisiting his OST presentation? Or does JW now mostly defer sequencing/editing suggestions to his team? 

Are you referring to the cook, the butler, and the washing lady?

7 hours ago, artguy360 said:

I'll probably skip this as the OST release is quite good but a part of me is tempted nonetheless...

You can make up your mind once we get the track list!

I will certainly buy it. 

I kind of wish it were remastered, not because I think the OST sounds bad, but just think about a super-remastered Hymn to the Fallen. Now hear all the keys on the woodwind instruments click with spectacular clarity during the woodwind soli, and hear the brass players breathe in unison during the brass soli in a way never heard before!

The real reason I will buy it is that I never got around to buying the OST. One day I bought a copy on eBay but when I went to import it, it turned out to be a CD of Christian music but with a Saving Private Ryan logo pressed onto the disc. Wtf.

14 minutes ago, MrJosh said:

One day I bought a copy on eBay but when I went to import it, it turned out to be a CD of Christian music but with a Saving Private Ryan logo pressed onto the disc. Wtf.

That's actually the new release!

:lol:

4 hours ago, MrJosh said:

I will certainly buy it. 

I kind of wish it were remastered, not because I think the OST sounds bad, but just think about a super-remastered Hymn to the Fallen. Now hear all the keys on the woodwind instruments click with spectacular clarity during the woodwind soli, and hear the brass players breathe in unison during the brass soli in a way never heard before!

The real reason I will buy it is that I never got around to buying the OST. One day I bought a copy on eBay but when I went to import it, it turned out to be a CD of Christian music but with a Saving Private Ryan logo pressed onto the disc. Wtf.

There is always the better sounding (albeit abbreviated) version of the Hymn on the III Spielberg /Williams cd. 

• 2 weeks later...

I am remembering correctly that LLL usually puts out an email with the cover art and track lists of their new releases 1 week before release day, right?  I'll have to look in my email history and see if I am just remembering wrong....

EDIT: Oh cripes, maybe I am remembering wrong, or they used to do things differently then changed it up over the years.

All my emails with the track list information arrived at 3am EST on the day they went on sale (so 12 hours before they went up for sale), not 1 week before they went on sale.

My bad.

Just now, Chewy said:

Ah so we'll have to wait a bit more then :) By the way, I don't get why it's written "August 14" on the announcement picture?

It says August 28th.  It's announcing two different batches.  One for the 14th, one for the 28th.

Of course Fallout didn't actually make the 14th.

21 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

It says August 28th.  It's announcing two different batches.  One for the 14th, one for the 28th.

Nevermind, my eyes got bugged for a minute, thanks for clarifying :D

1 minute ago, Disco Stu said:

I'm still a little confused why the thread got bumped like it was going to be today

Because a while back Jay got confused and said that the tracklist was going to be revealed a week before the release date in one of the threads.

On 8/1/2018 at 11:46 AM, Bilbo said:

I’ll buy it. 

When can we expect more details? 

On 8/1/2018 at 11:50 AM, Jay said:

Tuesday, August 21st

You don't want sarcasm, you don't want emojis/emoticons. Stu, what's wrong with you? Like Hannibal Lecter would say: "Oh Clarice, your problem is you need to get more fun out of life".

Life is young. It will always be, no matter how old we think we are. So cheer up! 🤪🙆‍♂️This is gonna be a year for the books. There are PLENTY of sarcastic comments to make.

1 hour ago, Disco Stu said:

I know I can be just as guilty of overdoing it at times, but sometimes I think we should have a 100% Sarcasm Free JWFan Day.

Ooooh, a sarcasm free day, that’d be just great!

39 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Yeah right!

We’re going to scrub your postcount of every single post with even a hint of sarcasm.  Don’t worry, you’ll quickly work your way back into the triple digits

49 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

We’re going to scrub your postcount of every single post with even a hint of sarcasm.  Don’t worry, you’ll quickly work your way back into the triple digits

Pfffffttt....WHAT-EVER!