Star Trek: Picard (2020 TV Series)

Wojo

January can't come fast enough.  I'm really looking forward to this.  I'm sure it'll be much better than Discovery.  Although I've slowly gotten into Discovery but still.

Holy shit, Data looks awful. 

Please PLEASE, just age him up and remove the CG mask. They might as well make Data a full CGI recreation at this point because it looks totally unconvincing. 

16 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

The Data hairpiece definitely looks awkward, but it’ll be worth it to see Spiner in that role again

Well he is an artificial lifeform so fake hair kind of works

Stop moaning about Brett Spiner being thirty years older than he was in the Nineties and just wait until you have watched it for yourselves. The "weirdness" will fade fast once you adjust, it'll not take long before your brains accept it.

17 hours ago, Trent B said:

January can't come fast enough.  I'm really looking forward to this.  I'm sure it'll be much better than Discovery.  Although I've slowly gotten into Discovery but still.

Don't get your hopes up too high. It's a CBS show and therefore possibly written by NCIS or Hawaii Five-O writers.

Alex thinks CBS the broadcast antennae channel and CBS All Access the internet streaming service are run by the same people and offer the same type of original programming? Interesting.... 

2 hours ago, Jay said:

Alex thinks CBS the broadcast antennae channel and CBS All Access the internet streaming service are run by the same peoe and offer the same type of original programing? Interesting.... 

It's not really though is it.

22 hours ago, Mr. Manfrenjensenden said:

Space Cowboys 2?

Is anyone else worried Picard is going to be action heavy, like they didn't believe the show would hold fans if there weren't space battles?

Like in TNG, the space battles were brief, to the point and firing like three torpedoes, and that was it. The draw was the story on the ship, and violence was a last resort.

Now it's all out war and phasers everywhere! Picard is fencing, running around etc. 

14 hours ago, Stefancos said:

Its made by Alex Kurtzman of Transformers fame, and Batman & Robin's Akiva Goldsman.

He's A Beautiful Mind's Akiva Goldsman to me. 

17 hours ago, Stefancos said:

Its made by Alex Kurtzman of Transformers fame, and Batman & Robin's Akiva Goldsman.

Kurtzman is the better one between he and Orci though isn't he?

1 minute ago, Dixon Hill said:

Kurtzman is the better one between he and Orci though isn't he?

Kurtzman seems to be the one who is more genuinely interested in Star Trek. 

Just now, Dixon Hill said:

And Orci is some kind of tin foil Truther isn't he. 

Apparently the studios didn't like Orci's Beyond script and dumped it in favour of Pegg and some other guys.

19 hours ago, Stefancos said:

Ouch! Better run for cover, boys!

19 hours ago, Jay said:

Alex thinks CBS the broadcast antennae channel and CBS All Access the internet streaming service are run by the same people and offer the same type of original programming? Interesting.... 

Never heard of CBS All Access but it sounds like it's from CBS, is it not? Or is nobody from CBS allowed to work for CBS All Access? You make it sound that way.

It is not.  CBS All Access is the name of an internet streaming service that launched in 2017, and that is what Star Trek Discovery is made for and where it airs (in the US, it's on Netlix in other countries)

This is completely different from CBS, which is a broadcast network anyone in the US can pick up with an antennae, and offers completely different programming.

CBS All Access also allows you to stream episodes of CBS shows on top of all the original programming made directly for CBS All Access, yes of course.  Basically it's CBS/Paramount trying to get a piece of the streaming pie that Netflix had most of for years.  ABC/Disney is doing the same thing with Disney+, NBC/Universal tried the same thing with SeeSo, WB is trying the same thing with HBO Max, etc

1 hour ago, Jay said:

How could I forget Peacock, home of the new reboots of Punky Brewster and Saved by the Bell!

And the sequel/reboot/whatever it is of RDM's Battlestar Galactica. Frakkin' A. 

Ronald D Moore is an excellent producer.  He produced or helped produce a lot of Trek episodes. He keeps the continuity of things so ya I don't expect BSG to be a reboot at all.

4 hours ago, Stefancos said:

No. CBS All Access for people in the USA, and Netflix for the rest of the world I guess.

The trailers (the versions that can be viewed in Europe) were posted on YouTube by Prime UK.

Yes.  Star Trek: Discovery was Netflix outside the US, Star Trek: Picard is Amazon Prime outside the US.