Star Trek: Picard (2020 TV Series)

Wojo

Well, he's an old man now, they can't have him running around firing phasers and all the shit that Discovery does. They need to take things slow, perhaps bring Picard back to Starfleet in a mentor role...

5 hours ago, leeallen01 said:

That teaser trailer is terrible. Just amateur horseshit. The voiceover is cringeworthy and has nothing to do with Picard. "Lost your faith." What? Picard wasn't religious. 

Don't worry, Yoda will talk to him, burn stuff, and restore his faith. 

3 minutes ago, Knox Harrington said:

Want this to be good but must admit there is a just taste of CBS' brand of cringe present in that trailer.

What do you mean?  I don’t really watch any of their shows but I’ve heard The Good Wife and its spin-off The Good Fight are cool at least.  What bad shows would you compare the trailer to?

One thing that never occurred to me until now is that since this takes place in the TNG/DS9/Voyager timeline, they can check in with those characters and places we haven't seen since then. Deep Space Nine 20 years later, Admiral Janeway...

41 minutes ago, Dieter Stark said:

One thing that never occurred to me until now is that since this takes place in the TNG/DS9/Voyager timeline, they can check in with those characters and places we haven't seen since then. Deep Space Nine 20 years later, Admiral Janeway...

Sounds like a trigger you pull in season 2 or 3

7 hours ago, Jurassic Shark said:

You have your Chromecast for that.

Yeah but regular TV is free to watch, but you need to pay for like 15 different friggin services to watch shit.

You people are all getting ripped off!

15 hours ago, Knox Harrington said:

Want this to be good but must admit there is a just taste of CBS' brand of cringe present in that trailer.

There's the hopes of a modern Star Trek actually being better than The Orville dashed then.

On 5/24/2019 at 4:21 PM, Disco Stu said:

What do you mean?  I don’t really watch any of their shows but I’ve heard The Good Wife and its spin-off The Good Fight are cool at least.  What bad shows would you compare the trailer to?

I don't watch any either but I'm familiar with their advertising and it all seems very comically dour.  A rather unsubtle way of putting it would be TV for Very Serious Baby Boomers.  There is a hint of that in this trailer but it may just be an advertising thing.

8 hours ago, rough cut said:

I watched the teaser a few days ago, and have been waiting to chime in, but nobody seems to mention that it looks boring as f.

Who are you that is so astutely astute to figure that out based on the information provided? Paul Atreides? 

5 hours ago, xWxzek said:

Who are you that is so astutely astute to figure that out based on the information provided? Paul Atreides? 

Its the Internet, so new content much be judged as being lacking straight away!

How DARE CBS make a new Star Trek show!

52 minutes ago, rough cut said:

I am your father’s brother’s nephew’s cousin’s former roommate.

44 minutes ago, xWxzek said:

Ignore list time. 

tenor.gif

He has had bouts of it over the years.

But haven't we all?

18 hours ago, Blumenkohl said:

Star Trek: Picard

Let us squeeze the old Trekkies for a few more pennies one last time, for old times sake. 

We live in the age of 80's/90's nostalgia, what do you expect?

They stole that from Dallas!'

'Who shot JR?' was brilliant because he was the most popular TV character at the time. It was JFK all over again! It was more important than anything else.

33 minutes ago, Alexcremers said:

They stole that from Dallas!'

'Who shot JR?' was brilliant because he was the most popular TV character at the time. It was JFK all over again! It was more important than anything else.

But we know who killed JFK?