John

Fourth Abramsverse Star Trek film (Noah Hawley)

5 hours ago, Sweeping Strings said:

6 shows is a lot of TV Trek. Star Wars-type oversaturation alert, lol.   

There's hundreds of hours of better Trek out there then there is Star Wars!

15 hours ago, Trent B said:

This sucks.  I was hoping for a 4th one.  And Paramount probably wonders why us fans hate them so much.

Many of "US" fans applaud the ending of this Kelvinverse. It was terrible. 

Just now, John said:

Classic fandom gatekeeping (i.e. anyone who disagrees with me isn’t a “true fan”). 

Ironically going against one of the core principles of Roddenbery's Star Trek about putting aside differences.

3 minutes ago, John said:

Classic fandom gatekeeping (i.e. anyone who disagrees with me isn’t a “true fan”). 

Not true at all. I clearly pointed out many fans want it and many do not.

2 minutes ago, JoeinAR said:

Not true at all. I clearly pointed out many fans want it and many do not.

Might not be true in your case, but I've seen it said plenty of times.

(My post wasn't meant as a response to yours)

One thing is certain Star Trek has a lot of fans broken into subsets. It isn't fair to say they are not true fans except those that say Tuvix should have lived. 

Just now, Stefancos said:

Yes, Trekkies are a very diverse group.

And trekkers too. Someone always gets their panties in a wad over those two names.

12 hours ago, TSMefford said:

I'm okay wth the 4th Trek being shelved. As much as I love the new ones, the cast, and the chance for another Giacchino Star Trek score. I think the trilogy is enough as it is. Let it be.

Beyond certainly isn't a bad place to end it if it is the last film. It contained a loving and heartfelt tribute to one of Star Trek's most iconic characters and ended with a new ship.

10 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Beyond certainly isn't a bad place to end it if it is the last film. It contained a loving and heartfelt tribute to one of Star Trek's most iconic characters and ended with a new ship.

Agreed here. I felt Beyond's ending was in a similar vein to that of Star Trek 6. It's definitely a high note to end on, IMO.

37 minutes ago, Marian Schedenig said:

The only thing I really remember about Beyond is that it was by far the worst of the Trek films, and not just of the reboot series.

How so?

2 hours ago, Stefancos said:

How so?

As I said, I've forgotten most of the details. It generally seemed mostly anti-Trek to me, as far as its attitude goes - not just merely "un-Trek", as you may attribute to at least some extent to the earlier two films (e.g. likening them more to Star Wars than to Trek), but actually diametrically opposed to the core Trek philosophy. I do remember that Wil Wheaton wrote a review on it that I found myself mostly in agreement with, which also mentioned this.

Discovery was odd. I wouldn't say it was anti-Trek as a whole. Certain characters were, and at least to an extent the Federation was, but you might argue that that was the point, and that they wanted to portray how the Federation came to be the way it was in the Trek we know. I guess we'll see when the next season comes out. It also had more leeway in diverging from the established Trek values because it was set before classic Trek and featured new characters, whereas the Kelvin films obviously depend on the characters we know so well.

Paramount Setting Noah Hawley To Write & Direct Next ‘Star Trek’ Film

EXCLUSIVE: Paramount Pictures is in final talks with Noah Hawley to write and direct the next Star Trek film. Through his 26 Keys production banner he will produce along with JJ Abrams and his Bad Robot banner. I don’t have too much more to report on the film, but my understanding is Hawley will helm the fourth film in this iteration of the venerable franchise, with the Enterprise crew led by Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto, Zoe Saldana, Simon Pegg and Karl Urban.

In addition to his groundbreaking series Legion, Hawley serves as executive producer, writer, director and showrunner on FX’s Emmy-winning limited series Fargo. He currently is in production on the fourth season, which stars Chris Rock, with Hawley directing the first episodes. Both series are produced under Hawley’s 26 Keys.

noah-hawley-star-trek-.jpg?w=681&h=383&c

https://deadline.com/2019/11/star-trek-noah-hawley-directing-writing-sequel-jj-abrams-chris-pine-paramount-1202785280/