John

Fourth Abramsverse Star Trek film (Noah Hawley)

A bit late...let's hope the movie is good.  Although it'll suck with out Anton Yelchin....but perhaps they'll have an explanation for Chekov's absence in the film....like transferring to a different ship or whatever. I just hope they don't try to recast the character.

Edit: I hope they bring back Giacchino for the music.

31 minutes ago, Trent B said:

Edit: I hope they bring back Giacchino for the music.

Nah, it will probably be Jeff Russo, who collaborated with Hawley on all of his projects so far. And he already worked on Discovery and Picard, so...

11 minutes ago, Edmilson said:

Nah, it will probably be Jeff Russo, who collaborated with Hawley on all of his projects so far. And he already worked on Discovery and Picard, so...

Then YUCK. I don't like his music especially for Discovery just mediocre bland crap.

Get Howard Shore. He scored LOTR. Like with Leonard Rosenman, he scored LOTR and Howard Shore!

This gives me a flashback to Filmtracks' original Star Trek: Nemesis review that insultingly made its last line about how Howard Shore should've scored it instead.

1 hour ago, mstrox said:

I really like Giacchino, but I never really cared for his Star Trek scores.  Maybe some new blood will liven it up.

If you've heard Disvovery it's more like he was channeling Giacchino instead of anything new.

They probably temped the show with music from those scores - even Russo's theme in some of the variations feels like a strain of Giacchino's - which makes me wonder if they wanted him all along but his busy schedule kept him back.

2 hours ago, Thekthithm said:

Get Howard Shore. He scored LOTR. Like with Leonard Rosenman, he scored LOTR and Howard Shore!

This gives me a flashback to Filmtracks' original Star Trek: Nemesis review that insultingly made its last line about how Howard Shore should've scored it instead.

In my opinion there's nothing wrong with the score for Star Trek Nemesis. I find it under rated.  The OST didn't help it much since it did not have that great of selection for tracks but it is an awesome score especially in the complete form.

7 hours ago, Gruesome Son of a Bitch said:

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

4 hours ago, Thekthithm said:

Leonard Rosenman scored Howard Shore? Now that's an image I won't get out of my head.

At this moment, the only good I can see that could come out of having another Star Trek movie out in theatres is that, maybe, the concert halls will start bringing back the Star Trek LTP concerts.  I've missed out of those when I started going to these LTP concerts in April of 2018.

On 11/20/2019 at 2:18 AM, Gistech said:

Well, at least we get to see what the finished Enterprise-A looks like from more than one angle.

Yes that will be another thing I'm looking forward to. I just hope they reuse the original CGI version from the end of Beyond and not redesign the ship AGAIN like what they did from STID to Beyond.

I do hope however, they change the bridge and give it a little more traditional look. Not a almost the same setup or Apple store flashy look to it like they did with the 1701.