Hans Zimmer's WONDER WOMAN 1984 (2020)

John

9 hours ago, TheUlyssesian said:

It is still patently absurd. Even Nolan wouldn't call himself an art director.

Really you think these people are making art films for 200 mil?

Yes.

"The director is incredibly proud of the film, which has earned five Oscar nominations, but he remembers realizing what a challenging release it would be when a producer turned to him four months into production and told him, “We’ve just made the most expensive art house movie in cinema history.”

“Let’s just say it would not be a good idea for me to make a movie like that twice,” Villeneuve said, referring to making a studio-funded tentpole with more avant-garde leanings. “When you’re working on a film you’re in a bubble, and it was only when I came out that I realized we had made a monster. I won’t do it again.”

https://www.avclub.com/denis-villeneuve-says-he-cant-get-away-with-making-anot-1822783057

• 2 weeks later...

The Mondo album cover for the vinyl edition of Wonder Woman 1984's soundtrack.

Wonder Woman 1984 records and interior album art

"In a statement, Mondo’s Mo Shafeek said “Hans Zimmer’s score to Wonder Woman 1984 is quite possibly my favorite piece of superhero film scoring since John Williams’ Superman: The Movie and Danny Elfman’s Batman. I know that sounds hyperbolic, but even before our test pressings arrived, it was one of my most-listened-to albums on Spotify of the last 6 months. It’s that good. I can’t wait for you to hear how good it sounds on vinyl out of big speakers.”

https://nerdist.com/article/wonder-woman-1984-mondo-vinyl-soundtrack-posters/

Omer Benyamin seems to be a new guy that got assimilated really quickly. He also worked with Zimmer on Dune and was with Zimmer when Tina Guo recorded a cue. I wonder what is the backstory with him. At first I thought he was there because he has knowledge of middle eastern music, but I wasn't sure.

Regarding the pre-existing music, Jonathan Broxton said he bet it wasn't a decision Zimmer was involved in (or made by him). Maybe it wasn't.

Not sure if you guys know but this website offers an actual pressed CD release. Yes, it is "manufactured on demand" but several FSM members (including Intrada's Roger) confirmed these are indeed pressed discs and not CD-Rs found on Amazon:

https://www.importcds.com/hans-zimmer-wonder-woman-1984-original-soundtrack/794043206313

Karol

My copy of the album just arrived from Imports CDs. And, as reported on FSM, it is indeed a CD and not CD-R as sold on Amazon. 

20210716_183028.jpg20210716_183032.jpg

20210716_182005.jpg

20210716_182821.jpg

Really happy as this is Hans' finest in quite some time and, oddly, quite hard to come by on a proper physical format. 

Karol

• 1 year later...
14 minutes ago, crocodile said:

Karol

I love this score! Hopefully this cue plus several others from WW84 (Games, Lost and Found, Anything You Want, Fireworks, 1984, Open Road, The Beauty In What Is) will be performed at the new World of HZ concert tour next year.

There will be an all new programme next year and just the DVC concert suite alone leaves around 25 mins of space for WW1984 cues.

11 minutes ago, Mr. Who said:

I love this score! Hopefully this cue plus several others from WW84 (Games, Lost and Found, Anything You Want, Fireworks, 1984, Open Road, The Beauty In What Is) will be performed at the new World of HZ concert tour next year.

There will be an all new programme next year and just the DVC concert suite alone leaves around 25 mins of space for WW1984 cues.

That was my first hope as well. When I heard that the The World of Hans ZImmer is getting a new programme, I thought about a WW84 suite.

• 6 months later...

Just watched the movie and liked the music. I'm in the minority but I LOVE Lost and Found. It's focus on the romantic side of the film really touches me. Hans uses the classic and romantic styles all over the place in this cue. The finale sounds almost like a mix of Mahler and a Puccini opera...

WW 1984 is one of my favorite HZ scores, "his" best since probably, well, forever. "Truth" is one of the best cues I have ever heard. I wish Hans would do more uplifting scores like this. 

My favorite Zimmer score today! I love every single track on this album and I've watched the movie probably ten times!
Not because I find the movie that good, but because I want to "watch" the score. Like watching music videos back in the good old days, lol! 

Truth is also one of my favorite tracks, along with Open Road and Lost and Found.
Also really love "In Love" from Sketches album. A bit different version of L&F. There's a section/theme in this track which appears twice which is not used in the movie, and I absolutely love that part! 

I have it on my hard drive, but removed it from my iTunes. I remember liking bits of it, less enthused with other bits. But I was annoyed by the excessive length once again. I suppose one of these days, I'll import it back in and whittle it down to proper length. Hopefully, that will raise my appreciation a bit more.

My favorite cues:

- Themyscira

- Games

- Black Gold

- Cheetah

- Fireworks

- TRUTH 

- Lost and Found

2 hours ago, Thor said:

I was annoyed by the excessive length

You mean you don't want to listen to the 4-hour-long Recording Sessions? :-)