WilliamsStarShip2282

ACROSS THE STARS - Williams / Mutter collaboration album

They are absolutely similar, if anything the deluxe version is more lavish...

The standard edition does have Mutter’s signature, though, maybe that’s why KM favors it... ?

These pictures aren’t the best for comparison, I took them late in the summer after the concert, but I have both editions stowed away currently, so they’ll have to do as reference.

5A02D0DA-9981-4523-A028-4D67996528FD.jpeg

EF6A0A4B-A950-4899-835B-2EBA9C4BADAE.jpeg

Finally listening to this album all the way through for the first time. So far I'm loving what I'm hearing.

1. Is the SABRINA arrangement the same as in the Perlman rec/the same one Williams has been touring around for live performances?

2. Maybe my only minor gripe would be how many/how extensive the violin cadenzas are. Many of these tracks are 4-6 minutes long, so to dedicate seemingly a third of the track length to a cadenza seems like a bit overkill at times—especially when you have multiple tracks in a row like this. Of course, the playing is phenomenal and the writing for the cadenzas is excellent—if not a bit new-music-y at times. But it sounds like Williams was having fun being experimental, so I guess I'd rather him do something new than just rehash the classic orchestral arrangements and stick a violin on top.

Whoa, "Nice to Be Around" is a real gem... Was not previously familiar with this tune (or CINDERELLA LIBERTY or its music, whatsoever), so this was quite a pleasant surprise. Does anyone else get Korngold concerto vibes at 2:02-2:10? There's a particular spot from the 1st mvt of that concerto that this reminds me of. Absolutely gorgeous.