Has the score to Titanic aged well?

Jurassic Shark

Has the score to Titanic aged well?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Has the score to Titanic aged well?

• Yes
    • No

• 1 month later...
On 9/22/2018 at 12:53 PM, NL197 said:

The intended film version of 'Leaving Port' is THE highlight of the LLL album for me. It's my favorite cue. The intended film version of 'Southampton' was my holy grail cue from the score, and then Leaving Port came along and usurped it. 

Those celebratory moments are my favorite aspect of both the film and score. 'Southampton', 'Leaving Port' and 'Take Her To Sea, Mr. Murdoch' are my favorite cues along with the trailer. The chorus was always my favorite. 

Thor, I have to ask you something: 

If I were to take the original album program, and replace the OST cues with their corresponding film version cues, so the program itself remains the same, would you listen to it? 
I feel this score is a special case of being able to 'have your cake and eat it too' with enough of these cues being different that you could preserve the album presentation but hear some of the unreleased music. 

If you're at all interested, I'll send that your way and I'd love your feedback on it. 

The film versions of "Southampton" and "Leaving Port" are also my favorite cues in the score.  It was disappointing that LLL opted to put the OST versions of certain cues into the main program rather than their film version counterparts. That's why when I did my custom score presentation, I put those film cues into the main program, and their OST counterparts with the additional music and alternates. With "Take Her To Sea, Mr. Murdoch", I put the cue with the ending heard in the final film into the main program; but it neither has those micro-edits to shorten the music nor does it have part of the OST version of "Southampton" tracked in.  I also put the intended film version of "Rose" into the main program, but restored Sissel's vocals using the OST version and the 5.1 mix of the cue.

In fact I have been thinking of creating a custom OST program where I replaced certain OST cues with their film version counterparts (especially Southampton, Leaving Port, Take Her To Sea, and Rose).

That said, the LLL album is also missing four cues, most of which are short toolbox inserts (namely 2 1/2 Miles Down Violin Tool Kit, Wild Piano, Drone and Chord, and Unable To Stay with the quena ending that closes the film).

9 hours ago, Jurassic Shark said:

The score's certainly too synthetic. I don't know about the other...

The score is perfection. 

On 11/3/2018 at 3:29 PM, mrbellamy said:

I actually don't know if she's gone topless since The Reader come to think of it.

She was doing it every other movie for awhile.

She got them beauties out again for her TV series Mildred Pierce. But I don't think every since that.

1 minute ago, Jurassic Shark said:

I don't want to subject these poor people to the wrath of Titanic fanatics.

They must be cleansed! Release the names!