Sign in to follow this  
JJA

Personalized 1-disc edits of LOTR/Hobbit scores?

Has anyone here tried to do this? 

Nothing wrong with completeness of course, but it can be an interesting experiment to condense such complex scores to a shorter presentation. With the LOTR trilogy, we obviously have the OSTs for this, but they don't quite utilize the potential 80 minute (or near) disc space to their fullest, and we may have disagreements with some of the programming choices in them. 

The OSTs, the CRs, the rarities CD, and rips from the fanclub credits are all acceptable sources here.

So, if you've ever done this, let's see tracklists and explanations of edits and what versions of tracks you used/combined and such.

I made a 60 minute suite of DOS music (in three pieces) that was pretty cool, but nothing else.  I did think about making my own 75 minute highlight reel of each score someday, maybe.

I'm on a sort of ongoing attempt to make a 'best of' for The Hobbit. My current playlist is just over an hour, but I know it's missing some good stuff, and when 'Ravenhill' came on in the car the other day, I wasn't impressed. Most of the material is from AUJ with very little from BOFA.