How do you listen to The Last Jedi the most?

The Illustrious Jerry

How do you listen to The Last Jedi the most?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. How do you listen to The Last Jedi the most?

I've finally been able to construct my ideal playlist for The Last Jedi using the OST, FYC, and Isolated Score. I've been otherwise listening to a whole bunch of edits and none of them were quite "perfect". I've finally got mine and I'm listening right now. How do you listen to The Last Jedi the most?

On 10/13/2018 at 1:22 PM, Demodex said:

How does one get the isolated score?

I got what I assume is the complete score from another forum. 

http://www.jwfan.com/forums/index.php?/topic/28355-the-last-jedi-complete-isolated-score-stream-available-via-movies-anywhere/

22 hours ago, Datameister said:

Honestly, the OST, FYC, and iso score mostly just come up in shuffle for me these days. It's not a bad score, sure, but I'm sad to say it's my least favorite Star Wars score.

I've listened to a few bits of it, and while it was better than the dullfest that is AotC, it didn't do that much more for me.

I've always been fascinated with this apparently widespread sentiment toward AOTC. I find it to be a much more interesting score than TLJ, personally. Don't get me wrong, TLJ has some fantastic moments, but there's a lot of snoozeworthy material between - not to mention how painfully obvious its temp track roots are.

Anyway, sorry, didn't mean to turn this into a TLJ-bashing thing.

13 hours ago, kaseykockroach said:

The guy that stole John Powell's oscar.

Also the guy who keeps paying SCORE: A Film Music Documentary for endorsements

Truth be told, I imagine this score would play better if it weren't a 70-ish minute listen. There's probably a good 45-minute album in there somewhere...shame Williams doesn't do that kind of structuring anymore.

3 minutes ago, Jay said:

Or just listen to anyone's edit of the iso score, there's a million of them

So can I listen on Youtube to one of these edits? Where can I find them?

I have my own playlist but I'd like to hear a different take.

There's a site that worships an old JRPG filled with that kind of stuff.  Or just google it.  Fan edits of film scores are all over the internet. 

42 minutes ago, Jay said:

There's a site that worships an old JRPG filled with that kind of stuff.  Or just google it.  Fan edits of film scores are all over the internet. 

I typed everything I could, but I couldn't find any site about Phantasy Star that matches your description.

1 minute ago, Nick Parker said:

I typed everything I could, but I couldn't find any site about Phantasy Star that matches your description.

No no, it's another kind of Phantasy, but that's the Final hint.

Shin Megami Tensei? That series deserves a shrine! Thematically appropriate too, qay more than this series that I hear a few nerds talk about, it's called Final Fantasia or something. Weird thing is, apparently it has a lot of entries! 

• 2 weeks later...