DRACULA - 2018 Varese Deluxe Edition Produced by Mike Matessino

Romão

25 minutes ago, kaseykockroach said:

I do indeed lack a real vampire score in my music library...I've got Broughton's Monster Squad, but that's a lower-tier work of his...there's Fiedel's Fright Night, but that's more about the jammin' tunes than most of the score (which isn't derogatory against Brad Fiedel's contributions, as he serves the film quite splendidly and the love theme is great). 

I suppose mister Williams will suffice, alongside Elfman's Wolfman! 

You should check out the Dracula scores by Glass and Kilar.

3 hours ago, Jay said:

Hell yea, that looks awesome

That reminds me, I gotta order this thing!

That you didn't do it while on Europe from your phone is a disgrace! :P .

i ordered hook while in a camping site from my laptop..with portable internet in the middle of nowhere where I found phone net availability! 

Well I mean I already have it digitally, and I knew it wouldn't sell out within a week, so waiting to get home to properly order it isn't really a big deal at all

1 minute ago, Jay said:

Well I mean I already have it digitally, and I knew it wouldn't sell out within a week, so waiting to get home to properly order it isn't really a big deal at all

Did I wrote you a PM about that?

18 minutes ago, Bespin said:

(Did I sent it...)

🤔

Send what?  A PM to me?  I don't have any from you, no

1 minute ago, Jay said:

Send what?  A PM to me?  I don't have any from you, no

HEY...

Hi Jay,

Sorry to bother you with a PM.

But after reading what Thor said about the OST sound quality on the new set... I just want you to reassure me... I know Thor is not always relevant or really trustable about those things... but... just reassure me...

First, have you already listened to the new set?

Is the OST on this set superior or at least "equal" to my recent LP restoration?

Thanks!

- Émanuel

Shipped!

2 hours ago, Jay said:

Well, it was a joke...

2 hours ago, kaseykockroach said:

A bit confused with the two versions of "The Love Scene", one on the album and one as an alternate on Disc 1, but there's not a cue called that in the film score. :S

Williams wrote the original cue for a longer version of the scene. This version is the one called "Night Journeys" on the OST album. His original approach was very erotic and stressed more the minor modalities, also adding a female choir.

The scene was trimmed down, so Williams had to rewrite the love scene section of the cue, choosing to emphasize more major chords and eliminating the female choir. Curiously, he chose to include it as the Side B opener on the OST album.

I'm unfulfilled too. I did kind of order it late in the day when it came out. I should have been more on the ball!

6 minutes ago, Thor said:

I had mashed potatos for dinner today.

What a silly thing to share in the Dracula thread. There's no collective anticipation for that here...try the eating thread or mstrox, your post will be much better received there!

20 hours ago, TownerFan said:

Curiously, he chose to include it as the Side B opener on the OST album.

Minus, as the new set reveals, the more Mahler-ish rewrite of the first 2,5 minutes of 'Night Journeys'. Wonderful piece.

3 hours ago, kaseykockroach said:

Ew, you should probably put it back before anyone sees it!

A wizard flaunts his package precisely when he means to Kasey Kockroach!

On 11/6/2018 at 6:39 AM, kaseykockroach said:

Really liking what I’m hearing of the old album samples. But since shipping seems to be a hectic business right now, I’ll wait for the hooplah to die down.

I'm actively assuming that worldwide shipping is about to explode for Christmas. Certainly, if I buy a BF release I'm not expecting it to break any transatlantic records.

1 minute ago, Richard Penna said:

I'm actively assuming that worldwide shipping is about to explode for Christmas. Certainly, if I buy a BF release I'm not expecting it to break any transatlantic records.

Our postal service has promised to increase their service during Christmas time and are delivering mail during weekends as well in November and December (which they normally don't do around here). I think all my packages from specialty labels have arrived on time before Christmas holidays but hopefully they will be delivered even faster this year thanks to this reform.