DRACULA - 2018 Varese Deluxe Edition Produced by Mike Matessino

Romão

Is anyone who is shipping throug USPS having issues with the tracking updating? Mine seems stuck saying “pre shipment,” suggesting they printed the label but didn’t actually put it in the mail. It has said that for two days now.  Frustrating since I paid for the expedited shipping...

TL;DR:

1-13 Night Journeys (Film Version) 5:20 = portions of the Original and the Revised (no choir)
1-26 The Love Scene (Extended Version) 4:40 = the Revised

2-5 Night Journeys 5:12 = the Original (with choir)
2-6 The Love Scene 2:09 = the ENDING ONLY of the Revised

6 hours ago, Jay said:

For the LLL edition, we finally get the whole cue without the beginning missing as "The Love Scene (Extended)" (D1T26).  

so basically this whole cue is unused music in the film?

4 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

Hallelujah!!!  My mail didn't come until almost 19:00, but it finally came!

Tn-UWwhMeUeTsGutI2e_4PqSXp1cBysBAzTgM4V7

Can't view. 

4 hours ago, tranders65 said:

For your viewing pleasure. 😀

2F2D6898-A7FE-4201-97CE-3DEC52074A52.jpeg

Thanks. Can you show more pics of the slip case. Is it thick and sturdy? Also is the cd booklet itself has notes etc? Is the Nocturne book a booklet or a bound book? 

10 hours ago, Amer said:

Can't view. 

Thanks. Can you show more pics of the slip case. Is it thick and sturdy? Also is the cd booklet itself has notes etc? Is the Nocturne book a booklet or a bound book? 

Not at home where I can show more pix right now, Amer, but yes, the slipcase is a thicker cardboard. The main CD booklet is just made up of stills from the movie/promotional pix and John Badham’s original LP liner notes. The Nocturne additional booklet (which isn’t bound, just stapled per usual CD inserts) is the more extensive liner notes that get into the history of the movie and character, Williams’ score, and how the CD came to be. 

16 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

Hallelujah!!!  My mail didn't come until almost 19:00, but it finally came!

Tn-UWwhMeUeTsGutI2e_4PqSXp1cBysBAzTgM4V7

Was there supposed to be a picture in your post?  All I see is an empty box with a circle icon the middle

15 hours ago, Brundlefly said:

Do you know what portions it consists of?

Nope, but I'm sure its easy to figure out

12 hours ago, King Mark said:

so basically this whole cue is unused music in the film?

As I said in the post that you quoted, the film itself uses portions of the both the Original and the Revised

On 11/10/2018 at 5:20 AM, publicist said:

cf Last Listened thread:

ill isn't for you...

Thanks. Can you distinctly feel the difference in the new remaster of the OST on disc 2? 'Curious about that one. What I want to do is listen to OST first in this fresh new remastered sound because the old Varese cd left such a bitter taste because of its pinched andmuddy sound. I want to re-experience the OST afresh and then proceed to the expansion. 

6 minutes ago, Amer said:

Can you distinctly feel the difference in the new remaster of the OST on disc 2?

It's a significant improvement. Less muddy lows, and the highs are actually there!

12 hours ago, Amer said:

Can't view. 

43 minutes ago, Jay said:

Was there supposed to be a picture in your post?  All I see is an empty box with a circle icon the middle

34 minutes ago, Bespin said:

DisctoStu is a very slow learner, we have to forgive him for his last post without a picture.

I fixed the original post.  It was just a picture of the CD.

IMG_2766.jpg

37 minutes ago, Amer said:

Thanks. Can you distinctly feel the difference in the new remaster of the OST on disc 2? 'Curious about that one. What I want to do is listen to OST first in this fresh new remastered sound because the old Varese cd left such a bitter taste because of its pinched andmuddy sound. I want to re-experience the OST afresh and then proceed to the expansion. 

It sounds OK but less good than the OST. I only kept 'Bat Attack', pity about the chorus on 'Night Journeys' but i'm not bothering with one more version for 3 seconds of choir.

58 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

It's a significant improvement. Less muddy lows, and the highs are actually there!

Even better than my LP restoration I hope, if it's possible!!!

1 minute ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Of course that's not possible! 

;)

You heard my restoration, yes? So the sound on CD is good?

7 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Yes and yes. I've yet to do a direct comparison, but the remastered OST shares the same superlatives as the LP.

Cool.

8 minutes ago, kaseykockroach said:

I take it that while the complete score has some good stuff worth keeping, it's a bit...repetitive?

No. It's a great score.