DRACULA - 2018 Varese Deluxe Edition Produced by Mike Matessino

Romão

Received on Saturday. Listened once to Disc 1 in one sitting with good headphones, and listening again as I cruise in my car. 

So great to have this score, from such a great time period in Williams' output. 

1 hour ago, Taikomochi said:

I wish I could have sex as satisfying as the build up in "The Love Scene (Extended Version)." 👌

It took John Williams a couple of tries to get the cue to that place, maybe you just need a couple of tries too!

2 minutes ago, King Mark said:

that's almost 75% the price of the c.d.'s ..Is that legal they charge that much?

Legal? Sure, it's 20% or so of the actual value plus £8 handling fee. Is it ideal? Nope. But only happens with Varese. So, with everything included, I paid £48.59 which is something around $63... 😕

Karol

1 minute ago, crocodile said:

Legal? Sure, it's 20% or so of the actual value plus £8 handling fee. Is it ideal? Nope. But only happens with Varese. So, with everything included, I paid £48.59 which is something around $63... 😕

Karol

I'll order from Music Box but I guess it will amount at about the same sum..

39 minutes ago, crocodile said:

Karol

Did you ask Varese to write a lower value in the package? I've heard they'll do it if you ask for it.

On 10/27/2018 at 3:01 AM, Jay said:

The story of how the tapes were found will be available to listen to online sometime soon. Stay tuned!

And it is now online!

http://www.jwfan.com/forums/index.php?/topic/29025-tim-burdens-movie-magic-new-episode-with-mike-matessino-discussing-dracula-the-deluxe-edition/

On 11/14/2018 at 9:52 AM, Taikomochi said:

I wish I could have sex. 👌

PERIOD. 

There, fixed it for you! :P

1 hour ago, Wojism said:

My Dracula is unfortunately being held hostage until Varèse figures out when they want to ship the Jug Band Christmas album. 

I'm getting my copy by the end of the week.

Hopefully. Fingers crossed. 

Well my package should be arriving today as the tracking says it is on delivery. Oh the excitement!

I don't think my copy has even left the US yet. I just keep updates saying it's in transit to the next sorting facility but it's on track to be delivered to its final destination.

Looks like I'll be waiting until late next week. 

MusicBox should get it tomorrow by their estimation, so I hope it's here by the end of next week. Priority mail in-continent should be quick, right?

2 minutes ago, Luke Skywalker said:

I got it today. Kudos to Varese for wrapping it nicely as I asked...I think they even exceeded themselves .. a sturdy cardboard box with a lot of stuffed paper :)

Just curious - have you had problems with their packaging earlier?

1 hour ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Just curious - have you had problems with their packaging earlier?

I think I have been sent CDs with a bubble covered enveloped...I don't remember their being broken, but when I order cd from the USA, sometimes they have been cracked cases or teeth, so if there is a commentary section I ask for a little more protection (this was the 1st time I did). 

Anyone else notice the fresh glue/ paper smell of the booklet when they opened the CD? 

Smells like fresh CD, mmmm. 

Has anyone else gotten a disc with any glitches? "Meeting Van Helsing" on disc 1 of my copy has a skip and I wanted to see if it was an issue for anyone else. Great score, though, and a superb release. Unless La La Land has something truly spectacular in the Black Friday offerings this is the Williams release of the year.

2 hours ago, TownerFan said:

Finally listening to it. Such a true masterpiece, it finally sounds glorious as it should be.

Hear hear!