DRACULA - 2018 Varese Deluxe Edition Produced by Mike Matessino

Romão

8 hours ago, Seth said:

Has anyone else gotten a disc with any glitches? "Meeting Van Helsing" on disc 1 of my copy has a skip and I wanted to see if it was an issue for anyone else. Great score, though, and a superb release. Unless La La Land has something truly spectacular in the Black Friday offerings this is the Williams release of the year.

@kaseykockroach reported similar issues; don't remember the track he mentioned.

34 minutes ago, Bespin said:

Chose an avatar or shut up.

For godssake, chill yourself out, man. This is why you shouldn't drink cheap beer!

51 minutes ago, Bespin said:

Chose an avatar or shut up.

Quit being a prick.

2 hours ago, Seth said:

Forgive me for asking a simple question. There's no need to curse.

I'm not sure why you're getting such needlessly contentious responses from some people.  This place can be a snakepit at times.

I hate to discuss with users who don't have avatar, my comment was not meant to be rude!

You know me better, non?

NOTE: Encode your CDs with EAC before declaring them scrap, I'm serious.

58 minutes ago, Brundlefly said:

When I joined the forum (December 2016) Josh500 and Bespin used to be friendly and Stefancos was the agressive.

Always treat other people the way you wanted to be treated yourself! And that applies not only to jwfan.com but to all areas of life.

'Nuff said.

1 minute ago, Josh500 said:

Always treat other people the way you wanted to be treated yourself! And that applies not only on jwfan.com but in all areas of life.

'Nuff said.

That is very wise, in case you wanna keep agressive relations agressive.

I am reminded of this quote

On 4/5/2018 at 11:12 AM, filmmusic said:

There are some basic rules of politeness that I think discriminate us from animals.

i think it's better to be constructive than destructive and pit one against the other.

Anyone else have red lines across the black and white photographs in the booklet?  An artistic choice or printing defect?  I also see a weird double exposure on the color picture on page 6.  Can anyone confirm?  Wondering if I got a bad print.

I didn't see those problems.  Sounds like a printer issue.

The liner notes were nice, although I'm not sure they warranted a second book.  There are a ton of pictures, the print is huge and spread out.  It all could have fit into a standard booklet for sure.

Sorry to ask again, but here are two photos that are weird.  I'm a stickler for near perfection in my physics media, and am wondering if this is normal?

What is happening behind Langella's head and on his face?  Double exposure around the panaflex camera.

j5z1ba.jpg

See the red vertical lines streaking Kate Nelligan's bust?   

2aeqo3n.jpg

50 minutes ago, Hedji said:

Sorry to ask again, but here are two photos that are weird.  I'm a stickler for near perfection in my physics media, and am wondering if this is normal?

What is happening behind Langella's head and on his face?  Double exposure around the panaflex camera.

j5z1ba.jpg

See the red vertical lines streaking Kate Nelligan's bust?   

2aeqo3n.jpg

Mine has it too. In fact, it's on many of the pages of the nocturne booklet. I don't mind it, though; it's almost like it was intentional--the red streaks invoking blood, y'know...

3 minutes ago, Bespin said:

OK, know I understand. :angry:

"Stop sending mail and parcels, Canada Post asks foreign services"

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/canada-post-strike-1.4909208

I saw a Canada Post truck being towed today. Pretty good analogy as to what the postal service is looking like right now.

27 minutes ago, Bespin said:

OK, now I understand. :angry:

"Stop sending mail and parcels, Canada Post asks foreign services"

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/canada-post-strike-1.4909208

that's just fucking great.

now we don't know if it will get "lost" in the USPS storage room

Mine is in JAMAICA NY DISTRIBUTION INTERNATIONAL CENTER

On November 16, 2018 at 8:57 PM, Jurassic Shark said:

It's all to blame on the Canadian postal service!

Official scapegoat of Canada. You're welcome JW Fan! Pile it on us!

fuck them. With my c.d.. stuck in a stock room  out of the country who knows when i'm getting it. it's the type of situation where it could even get lost

i hope they get forced back to work

Listening now, wow, this music is so gorgeous!  Makes me almost what to see the film.  I hear a tip of the hat to Herrmann in quite a few places yet firmly JW.  For example, close voicing in the expanded low winds is very Herrmannesque.  Also lots of sequences (repetitions of motifs that are modulated).  It's a beautiful and operatic score.  I would say more lyrical than Star Wars, Close Encounters.  Almost every few seconds repeats a motif but arranged beautifully and still developing.  Star Wars, CEOTK, etc., have many moments of aural texture.  It is still firmly routed in JW's vernacular. 

The music is very prominent in the film, and one of Williams’ most effective in-film. It’s an interesting take on Dracula too. This is a case where I’d strongly recommend seeing the film to compare the score against.