DRACULA - 2018 Varese Deluxe Edition Produced by Mike Matessino

Romão

1 hour ago, King Mark said:

did you proofread the London concert program too?

I did not.

1 hour ago, mstrox said:

WHAT ELSE HAVE YOU BEEN PROOFREADING

Just Cowboys, Saving Private Ryan, Dracula, and one title that isn't out yet.

13 minutes ago, Horner's Dynamic Range said:

Pass. The OST is more than enough. I prefer the superior sonics of the John Mauceri recording.

Reading comments like this I wonder if your even remotely a fan of John Williams apart from the E.T. score

You pretty much come into threads to trash EVERYTHING he's written recently and in the past on how boring and autopilot it is in your usual blaze fashion.

K.M.Not sure if it's Drax or E.T. and Elliot Forever because nobody updates the user name thread

12 minutes ago, King Mark said:

K.M.Not sure if it's Drax or E.T. and Elliot Forever because nobody updates the user name thread

All you have to do is click on any user's username, then click the circlely arrow icon on their profile page to see a history of their name changes.

image.png

1 minute ago, Jay said:

All you have to do is click on any user's username, then click the circlely arrow icon on their profile page to see a history of their name changes.

that was really obvious...

Just saw this exchange on FSM

A user asked

Are the black and white photos in the Nocturne booklet supposed to have red lines through them? Or is it a printing defect?

and

What is happening behind Langella's head and on his face? Double exposure around the panaflex camera.

j5z1ba.jpg

Mike Matessino replied:

There is a file error on that image that caused the ghosting of another image. Purely an accident.

All the b/w images throughout the package have a red blood-soaked effect that is intentional. I don't understand how it can look like splotches or some kind of error.

On 11/21/2018 at 9:15 AM, Holko said:

Annd shipped. Only a day or two now. Will I be the absolute last one to the party?

No, mine hasn’t shipped. At least no notice. I’m starting to doubt I even ordered it.

20 minutes ago, Wojism said:

Well folks, that rules out a bit Harry Potter set in 8 hours. 

How do you figure that? There's likely at least 2 releases coming tonight (Superman and Schindler's List) so if Jason only proofread the liner notes for one unannounced release that doesn't rule out other releases happening that he didn't proofread. 

1 hour ago, crumbs said:

How do you figure that? There's likely at least 2 releases coming tonight (Superman and Schindler's List) so if Jason only proofread the liner notes for one unannounced release that doesn't rule out other releases happening that he didn't proofread. 

Didn't MV indicate[ on some FSM thread]  that one 'Super' title was delayed to early next year? I think its Superman. I think Schindler's List 2CD set is pretty much confirmed. Ah well, we will know soon!!! 

3 hours ago, Amer said:

Didn't MV indicate[ on some FSM thread]  that one 'Super' title was delayed to early next year? I think its Superman. I think Schindler's List 2CD set is pretty much confirmed. Ah well, we will know soon!!! 

In less than two hours.

Question:

How long does it take from the time you first listen to the dusty tapes you found in the crate to getting the "final sound" for the release

Is the mastering a really long and complicated process?  what steps are involved??

Well, for tapes of this age and depending of the way they were preserved, the process of digitally correcting the analogue defaults and the drop-outs must be very long!

Each Mike Matessino releases are always perfect on that matter, he's a pro.

It depends from project to project for sure.  I know he worked on a long time on achieving the final sound for ET, The Cowboys, and Dracula, while stuff like JP, TLW, CE3K, and Stanely & Iris were arrived at much quicker.

I don't know all the details of the mastering process, but I believe it's lots and lots of EQ tweaking.  Somebody else can probably explain better than I can.

17 hours ago, Jay said:

I don't know all the details of the mastering process, but I believe it's lots and lots of EQ tweaking.  Somebody else can probably explain better than I can.

That's a good question for your next MM interview!