DRACULA - 2018 Varese Deluxe Edition Produced by Mike Matessino

Romão

Now this is the case where it's very debatable whether it was worth it to include the OST on a second disc to boost the price, especially considering it's Varese and it'll be more expensive for us non-Americans from the get go.

Oh, good, I'm still living up to my title.

Samples sound good!

Varese is the label of the year so far.

Just now, Romão said:

But the original album is a very good assembly that was very expensive to get and the sound was particularly great, so I think it's more than warranted that the original album is included in much better sound

It's been well-established that the sound quality was one of Williams' worst, and you can get this set cheaper than the average going rate for the original CD!

Just now, Disco Stu said:

Skipping the Lost World is not something you say publicly.  Have some modesty.

I also skipped ET, and Close Encounters of the Third Kind. I bet the latter is a stellar release, and it's my favorite score, but I'm so satisfied with the original album that I don't see it as a priority. Same with The Lost World.

Just now, Nick Parker said:

I also skipped ET, and Close Encounters of the Third Kind. I bet the latter is a stellar release, and it's my favorite score, but I'm so satisfied with the original album that I don't see it as a priority. Same with The Lost World.

I put The Lost World right there alongside AI in terms of John Williams listening experiences that were dramatically improved by a C&C presentation.

Just now, Disco Stu said:

I put The Lost World right there alongside AI in terms of John Williams listening experiences that were dramatically improved by a C&C presentation.

Improved, or different? 'Cause while the listening experience (JWFan TM term) was very different with the complete score, I wouldn't say it's improved per se. Plus, the original album is really kick-ass.

Good thing I bought the OST album last year for.... How much was it again? 80 Euros? 100 Euros? 

But I'm not complaining. 

I want to have every JW original soundtrack as well as the expanded editions in my collection. :)

Awesome!  I never had the OST so this is a definite buy for me.  Samples sound amazing on my headphones!!  I've not seen the movie yet either but plan on doing so soon.

What book is this I wonder.

Maybe the abbreviated version of Bram Stoker's masterpiece? 😂 

By the way, I cannot listen to the sample of Night Journeys. Anybody else have this problem? 

Already orderable from MusicBox, but I'll wait out what LLL's Nov13 releases will be. If they'll already have Supes, there would be hope for something else WIlliams on Black Friday for the books.

Just now, Holko said:

Already orderable from MusicBox, but I'll wait out what LLL's Nov13 releases will be. If they'll already have Supes, there would be hope for something else WIlliams on Black Friday for the books.

Umm... Schindler's List?

Karol

This one's awesome, of course, but I'm still happier about Saving Private Ryan and Schindler's List (as far as 2018 releases go). These two soundtracks are two of my most listened to ever! Dracula, not so much.

You're happier about Saving Private Ryan than about Dracula?!

One score that needed a treatment, no matter what kind of treatment - remastering, reissuing, expanding, re-recording - whatever!

VS

A score that didn't require any sonic improvements and had lass than 2 minutes missing...