The Wishing John Williams a Speedy Recovery thread...

Josh500

Title says it all.

Post a YouTube video of one of your favourite John Williams pieces here, as a way of sending him positive energy, love, and prayers in this difficult time. :) And really listen to this piece! No negative posts allowed here! 

I'll start: one of John Williams's all-time best classics, the piece that really put him on the map and made him a superstar among film music composers.... 43 years ago!!! How time flies.

Since it gets kinda lost in the other thread...

How many of you support the idea to send a unique custom Get Well card to him? I feel it could be much more personal than a storebought one, maybe get a chuckle out of him with a caricature like the ones the drawing guy you often bring up and whose name I can't remember did, there's a thread somewhere full of them.

2 minutes ago, Holko said:

Since it gets kinda lost in the other thread...

How many of you support the idea to send a unique custom Get Well card to him? I feel it could be much more personal than a storebought one, maybe get a chuckle out of him with a caricature like the ones the drawing guy you often bring up and whose name I can't remember did, there's a thread somewhere full of them.

I'd support the idea.

But do you even know where to send it? And besides, John Williams isn't apt to stay in London for weeks on end. Maybe a few days, a week tops. At least that's what I'm assuming. 

That's the next question, someone has a contact from the LSO, maybe they could ask a manager to bring it to him or something like that.

8 minutes ago, Holko said:

That's the next question, someone has a contact from the LSO, maybe they could ask a manager to bring it to him or something like that.

I think it's a good idea, I really do, but that's one "if" and one "maybe" too many. I doubt if JW will even get it.

Remember, JW being hospitalised is worldwide news, he's apt to get hundreds of cards and get well wishes, not just from friends, family and fans, but also from people in the movie business.

1 minute ago, Steve McQueen said:

Up to 11 of course!

Don't even bother responding to the trolls! They always come out in hordes when something tragic or unforeseen happens....

1 minute ago, Holko said:

With that attitude he surely won't!

I don't want to discourage you from it. If you really think it'll work, then by all means go ahead! :)

2 minutes ago, Thor said:

I hope it's OK if I post Mike Mattessino's recent Facebook post here, since there were no pertinent details about the illness other than to comfort us all a little bit -- which we need right now:

Well, let's hope for the best! 

6 minutes ago, Josh500 said:

Don't even bother responding to the trolls! They always come out in hordes when something tragic or unforeseen happens....

Why couldn't you have fallen ill instead of John Williams, Josh?

Wow, I'm seeing this for the first time! Another one of my favourites. So heartwarming und positive. Takes you back to childhood, almost. Too early for the holiday season, maybe, but what the hell. :)

I know this wouldn't be too much of a popular opinion around here, but it is my all-time favorite Star Wars score. From the Across the Stars medley, all the way to how similar it sounds to a lot of his early HP writing....mostly Chamber of Secrets.

3 minutes ago, Lockdown said:

I know this wouldn't be too much of a popular opinion around here, but it is my all-time favorite Star Wars score. 

I think the score to Attack of the Clones is generally highly regarded here, it's just the movie that's universally hated, condemned, and ridiculed. 

I'm not one of them, but the Attack of the Clones probably is the weakest installment in the Star Wars saga.

2 minutes ago, Bespin said:

I wish he could return home in California the fastest possible.

To be sick it's one thing, to be sick far from home is another.

Indeed. I wonder whether his wife traveled with him...  

Again, I'm astonished that nobody on this forum seems to have a direct link to John Williams' entourage or agent to get fresh news.

Do some of his family member have a FB page or twitter account?

I saw this on Twitter, is it real?

Mike Matessino supposedly wrote this on his FB page:

"I can tell you that this is a routine illness and that he will be fine. They will simply get him well in a London hospital and then send him home to L.A. as soon as he can travel."

11 minutes ago, Amer said:

Another source to me has confirmed his condition is stable and they are waiting for clearance from the Doctors so that he can return home. So that's some good news for now.

What source is it?

Anyway, if true, that's good news indeed! :)

14 minutes ago, Bespin said:

What's funny about this word? You don't know it?

I'm laughing at you!

6 minutes ago, King Mark said:

"stable" can mean a lot of things....

Yeah I bet it just means that they had no room for him in the hospital proper so they've got him out in the stables hoping for the best.

I don't wanna be too negative here, but it means "stable under the circumstances"..... And anyway I don't like this word; the doctors use this word to describe patients after tough, risky operations....

Because if he's so fine and dandy already, why cancel the concerts that's scheduled in two weeks' time? Doesn't add up.

48 minutes ago, Bespin said:

I saw this on Twitter, is it real?

Mike Matessino supposedly wrote this on his FB page:

"I can tell you that this is a routine illness and that he will be fine. They will simply get him well in a London hospital and then send him home to L.A. as soon as he can travel."

Yes, I just posted this message a few posts up.

1 hour ago, Kostov said:

Nice one!

You know, this is one of my favourites. The excitement and raw energy is palpable. 

Best wishes for a full recovery. Kia Kaha JW.

For me, the two Empires were the greatest works.

Empire Of The Sun was a masterwork, it held that journey together and gave it tone and grounding.

I listened to the other Empire on original LP until the needle wore out back in the 80s. For the limited time he had to prepare that soundtrack (Weeks!), it must have the highest ROI of any soundtrack ever produced. Genius.

29 minutes ago, scc said:

Empire Of The Sun was a masterwork, it held that journey together and gave it tone and grounding.

Agreed! 

There's one score I know it's a masterpiece, but that I listen to far too rarely. The OST album is good enough, but the wonderful LLL edition puts it over the top.... 

Here's JW conducting the BPO playing Exsultate Justi! :)

I don't post often, but I can't stay silent when our Maestro is stricken ill.  Speedy isn't fast enough for a recovery.  Someone please wave a wand to make him better.

Sending love and good wishes to a man I admire and adore.