The Wishing John Williams a Speedy Recovery thread...

Josh500

10 hours ago, Bespin said:

I saw this on Twitter, is it real?

Mike Matessino supposedly wrote this on his FB page:

"I can tell you that this is a routine illness and that he will be fine. They will simply get him well in a London hospital and then send him home to L.A. as soon as he can travel."

that reassures me a bit that it's not something like a stoke or heart attack, but at his age any visit to the hospital is worriying

1 hour ago, King Mark said:

that reassures me a bit that it's not something like a stoke or heart attack, but at his age any visit to the hospital is worriying

The important thing now is that he can travel home, and fast, so be can recuperate. 

15 hours ago, Josh500 said:

Nice one!

You know, this is one of my favourites. The excitement and raw energy is palpable. 

Great one. Agree with you. I've wanted the new trilogy music to be closer to the prequels. I don't say that in these first two movies the music is bad, John indeed uses a new way of discovering and continuation the Star Wars music, but in the prequels, the music is more energetic, rich of interesting and captivating musical nuances, and you can find something even in a 5 sec. section. In the new trilogy, there is a lot of good music but it's separated by long music sections that are boring(Perhaps it's the director's fault). But of course, I'm thankful to John Williams, that in such an age(also as young) he brought us and is still bringing the best music in the world and in the history of mankind.

"The Rebellion is Reborn" happened to play now at random, which is very recent yet still absolutely incredible.

It's got the heaviness, but also a tremendous amount of hope, which seems very much appropriate.

I hope "John Williams is Reborn" pretty much as soon as possible!

And I wish him all the health and happiness. He's deserves that and more a thousand times over.

5 hours ago, Arpy said:

Screenshot_20181025-191147~2.png

Wow, nice of him! Has Elijah ever been in a movie scored by JW? :)

I don't think so, but maybe I'm wrong. 

2 hours ago, Pieter_Boelen said:

"The Rebellion is Reborn" happened to play now at random, which is very recent yet still absolutely incredible.

It's got the heaviness, but also a tremendous amount of hope, which seems very much appropriate.

Indeed! Such a hopeful and somehow harmonious piece, interlaced with short periods of trouble and danger.

I love it! 

Speedy recovery to our beloved Maestro John Williams. 

We'll be toasting in his honour and to his good health today in London!

Indeed we did! Let's hope it will make it to the Maestro posthaste to speed his recovery with our collective good will and admiration!

17 minutes ago, King Mark said:

so we don;t know what's wrong with him yet?

Yes we do, but i only will reveal that it's a common problem affecting many people and its not related to the flight. It's still pretty painful and requires some rest.

9 hours ago, Stefancos said:

Well, its send by owl

Hahaha! I can just picture how serene it would be to see Williams lying in a hospital bed and then suddenly his very own Hediwgs Theme chimes in and an owl flies into his room with your card!

A very nice gesture nonetheless.

5 hours ago, publicist said:

Yes we do, but i only will reveal that it's a common problem affecting many people and its not related to the flight. It's still pretty painful and requires some rest.

That's good to hear. Seems to just be a case of bad timing. What is the source of this information?

This is the original, classic "Theme from Jurassic Park" conducted by John Williams. The power of it is outstanding and mesmerising.

This was recorded, apparently, before they decided to speed it up... Which is not as effective and impressive, imo.

@MSM That's amazing! His face looks a little too red and flushed, but awesome work.

I used to love watching this! The recording sessions of TPM (the Making Of on the DVD). Hard to believe that was 19 years ago....

5 hours ago, MSM said:

In honor of the Maestro I painted this little portrait the evening before the Royal Albert Hall concert in my hotel room in London on Oct 27.

Let's all hope for his full recovery!!

I hope Mike can get it to him!

Here's the card (previously posted in the meetup thread):

williams_marauders.jpg

3 hours ago, King Mark said:

At what concert did Williams conduct "The Lost World" main  theme in the 90's and is there a good sounding vverssion of that?

Also with the BPO in Japan. There used to be a video of it on YouTube, but I can't find it anymore. They must have taken it down.

On 10/27/2018 at 7:05 AM, publicist said:

I'm not a doctor, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night... ;) If I would venture a guess, it would be kidney stones.  I've never had them but hear they're extremely painful to endure.