The Wishing John Williams a Speedy Recovery thread...

Josh500

Excuse me for bumping this thread, but I wonder if there’s any news about JW’s well-being after his trip home? Do we maybe have an event coming up where he’s scheduled to appear?

His health is something that often crosses my mind, and I’m always happy to see any recent picture where he’s looking good. 🙂

We occasionally see photos of John around Christmas time, so fingers crossed. It's been a quiet few months though, not much word since he returned from London.

I'm sure he's just enjoying a well-earned rest before plunging into another JJ Abrams score (and all the re-writes that entails). Filming apparently doesn't wrap on IX until February (7 month production schedule seems unusually long) so I can't see him scoring anything for another few months.

• 3 weeks later...

No but I will be more than happy to see him at least. And maybe one or two pieces conducted by himself :). Tickets go on sale next month so I think they announce something about the schedule in a few weeks. 

Spring season? Isn't Film Night at Tanglewood in August? (But the Tanglewood tickets go on sale on February 10th, not the 25th)

If Williams were to conduct at least something, I'd consider a trip. As it is, I'm half-considering that Tanglewood on Parade thing, where Williams is actually listed as one of several conductors, but the bits of programme announced so far isn't very exciting, and should Williams happen to cancel, there's probably not much excitement left in it.

10 hours ago, JTGL said:

I think he is in good shape. I contacted the BSO and asked if he returns to Boston this spring. And he will!! They would not have told me this if something was wrong with Williams I think. 

Thank you for your message. Maestro Williams will be present for Film Night during the Spring Pops season again. The schedule has not been released yet, but the tickets will go on sale February 25th.

That's wonderful news indeed! 

Happy New (and Productive) Year 2019, John Williams! :)

:ola: :lsvader:

4 hours ago, Josh500 said:

That's wonderful news indeed! 

Happy New (and Productive) Year 2019, John Williams! :)

:ola: :lsvader:

And Happy New Year to all the forum members! :)

16 hours ago, Stefancos said:

Film Night in Boston Symphony Hall is usually late may or early July. 

Yes, I didn't realise there are two different concerts called "Film Night". It's all very confusing.

18 minutes ago, crocodile said:

Maybe it is time to make the trip overseas...

Well, the only thing I believe we know he's supposed to conduct it a bit of "Tanglewood on Parade" on 23 July.

1 minute ago, Marian Schedenig said:

Well, the only thing I believe we know he's supposed to conduct it a bit of "Tanglewood on Parade" on 23 July.

Nah, I meant breaking into his house and refusing to leave. The only way to be sure. ;)

Karol