HARRY POTTER 1-3 Complete Score Releases Confirmed

Ricard

2 minutes ago, Alex said:

The misprint was that it said John Williams was going to conduct the orchestra!

That would explain the lack of inquiries.
Glad to hear good ol' JW is doing fine.

You guys are basing the assumption that these records are on their way because of that blurb from the programme?  I actually assumed there was something real to report!

2 minutes ago, Richard Penna said:

I hope it means MM appreciating people not asking him how John is.

You don't want expanded HPs?

1 minute ago, Nick1066 said:

You guys are basing the assumption that these records are on their way because of that blurb from the programme?  I actually assumed there was something real to report!

You gotta learn to read between the lines!

4 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

You don't want expanded HPs?

What? Of course I do!

I was hoping that the misprint was (as suggested previously) the conductor, and therefore MM appreciating the lack of wellbeing enquiries.

Although it's not really a misprint in the true spirit of things....

Just FYI I used the sessions/OST a while back to create a realistic mockup of a professional presentation... what I found is that everything including the children's suite should fit onto two discs just barely. A third disc probably wouldn't be warranted unless there's a significant amount of alternate takes not present in the leaked sessions. Combining more cues together could also probably save a little bit of room (perhaps for the teaser music I'm hoping was found).

CoS on the other hand fits on two discs just fine, with room to spare. No idea about PoA.

5 hours ago, crocodile said:

Mike mentioned on FB there was some misprinted information in the programme... Hope it's not THIS bit of information...

Karol

well of course it's about HP

I hope Ricard somewhat confirmed it with him though because he rarely makes mistakes on the main page of this site

1 minute ago, King Mark said:

Either were not getting this anytime soon or the misprint was that they are done but not released yet

Or it might be about something completely different. No way of knowing without the actual programme in front of me. It was just my first thought. Didn't mean to start any panic. Not yet anyway.

Karol

Just now, King Mark said:

he basically said to stop bugging him about the HP scores

I said it before. If that's the case, maybe it was decided later not to reveal it just yet. Or something like that.

Either way, it can mean anything... and therefore nothing.

Karol

Even if it was the editor, I don't think he would pull that one out of his ass. Did he just assume? You know, because it's inconceivable that those three massively popular scores wouldn't get a complete release?

9 minutes ago, gkgyver said:

Even if it was the editor, I don't think he would pull that one out of his ass. Did he just assume? You know, because it's inconceivable that those three massively popular scores wouldn't get a complete release?

That's the thing, though. It's practically guaranteed that every major John Williams score is gonna get a complete release somewhere in time. But why include those particular three on the bio, unless something's currently underway?

Unless this is what you're already saying, am I misreading you?

If MM's comment is even referring to the Harry Potter mention I think it's more about the fact that it slipped through the net and let the cat out of the bag too early. Maybe when the programme was written it was expected that the release would already be announced?

yeah but if they were supposed to be announced by now it could mean a last minute legal issue has poped out

it's been said many time a even small legal issue can hold up releases indefinitely at the last moment

1 hour ago, Alan said:

If MM's comment is even referring to the Harry Potter mention I think it's more about the fact that it slipped through the net and let the cat out of the bag too early.

It slipped through the program and let the cat out of the bag too early. If it's on the program, it will be on the net :)

"There was, of course, misprinted information in the concert programme"

Maybe when the programme was written it was expected that the release would already be announced?

Very likely.

Well if it was (and still is) meant for Black Friday, they wouldn't want it announced ahead of time anyway, right? I mean have they ever revealed a title earlier than Black Friday for those intended releases? So, of course they would treat this as an error of some kind until then.

Also, I echo the desire to have both the teaser trailer music for Sorcerer's Stone and Azkaban. They are honestly among the music I would want the most!

16 minutes ago, gkgyver said:

First and foremost, it means someone doesn't have his shit together.

I blame Daniel Radcliffe!

Seriously though, I wouldn't be surprised if all three scores are mastered and ready to go right now, but take a few more months to actually get released.

there's no "too fast" regarding JW releases. No release still means it could not be released until it's officially announced.

so we'll stress out over this Programe note for the next 2 years?

I think it's not worth worrying and getting your hopes up over this. Don't let the letdown when it's delayed, or not actually happening, let you down.

The most likely scenario as others have stated was that there was meant to be an official announcement, but perhaps it was delayed, and MM's notes in the program reflect that it might've been scheduled for an announcement around the time he wrote those notes.

16 minutes ago, Arpy said:

I think it's not worth worrying and getting your hopes up over this. Don't let the letdown when it's delayed, or not actually happening, let you down.

Not actually happening? I think such a scenario is pretty much impossible. I think some are overthinking this.

8 hours ago, scallenger said:

Well if it was (and still is) meant for Black Friday, they wouldn't want it announced ahead of time anyway, right? I mean have they ever revealed a title earlier than Black Friday for those intended releases? So, of course they would treat this as an error of some kind until then.

I think we knew about CE3K last year, just not exactly when it would come. It turned out to be a BF release.

7 hours ago, Lockdown said:

Love how he snuck the snake motif/texture from Indy in for Parvati's Boggart!

Well in the end I'm not too sure about that Programe and whatever misprint it was , but if Ricard posted it on the JWfan main page I guess he must have checked things out before doing so

Maybe it was meant for Halloween but they decided to give the spotlight to Dracula right now and release it for Christmas instead

I don't think we should jump to conclusions or worry ourselves about this yet. It's clear something has been worked on. Any delay might simply be waiting for artwork or some other detail to be signed off. It'll come :)