HARRY POTTER 1-3 Complete Score Releases Confirmed

Ricard

26 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

I know this has been discussed before, but what would a 2-disc Philosopher's Stone that includes the Children's Suite look like?  I thought it had to be 3.

The main one I want is Azkaban anyway, I don't really care how they release it as long as I get it!

HPPS complete film score clocks around 129 minutes. The Children's Suite is around 18 minutes. The alternates we know about and the source music (including the Coke ad) are not beyond 6 minutes, but it's likely some few things (perhaps minor things like the Christmas Spell music box or Hagrid Plays the Flute) won't be included.

Or perhaps they will do the same thing they did with Superman and will include source music from the first three films on future expansions of the non-JW-scored sequels.

The Children's Suite is just over 20 minutes isn't it?  Plus 5 minutes for the Hedwig's Theme concert arrangment.

I'm no expert on the score, so I fully defer to others!  Just wanted to get the discussion going.

The more I think about it, the more likely it seems that LLL and not Watertower will release this, given their books quote and the upcoming Black Friday release. And if it's not BF, they just moved a 'super cool' release to next year.

And the idea that the bonus disc had anything to do with jWFan panicking is ridiculous.

I think it's just an indication of the battles Bouzerou had to go through to release anything more than a few bonus tracks, and that JW must have relented and agreed to more music once the packaging had already been designed.

We're in a different era now. The only danger is if MM has indeed done it for Watertower and has had to make concessions for a mass market release.

8 hours ago, Josh500 said:

I think he's basing that on his own pessimism... 😂 

we've had a lot of crushing disappointments in the history of JWfan.

But I have confidence every single expansion that's not Star Wars,Indiana Jones and Harry Potter will be 100% perfect though

I do find it curious that right after the poster for Schindler's List spilled the beans about that score being re-released, LLL informally confirmed the release on FSM.

It's been nearly a week since the Potter expansions were "leaked" and there hasn't been a whisper from anyone at LLL or Mike about the releases. Kinda weird? Mike wrote the program, presumably including his bio, so...

Maybe, just maybe, we'll know later today ;)

(I think it's much more likely to be announced on 23rd though)

38 minutes ago, Alan said:

I suspect that'll have something to do with the amount at stake for this release, if indeed it is LLL releasing it. I don't imagine that for something the size of Potter they'll want to say anything until everything is in order and certain. You can delay Superman 2 & 3 without annoying too many people. Harry Potter feels like another thing altogether.

Yes, it's the kind of release they're going to want to have a strategy for making sure it filters out into the general entertainment news industry online.  They would want a Potter soundtrack release to be reported everywhere from The Leaky Cauldron to Slashfilm to Variety.

So Fantastic Beasts 2 is released on 16th November and they're announcing three titles today. I know I just said I think it's more likely the be the 23rd for BF shipping, if they're releasing this year, but suddenly I've starting thinking they might try to release earlier to tie in to FB2? 

My excitement levels are rising. Someone please slap me.

In my opinion, it seems more likely to be a BF release. I mean, we know Schindler's List and Superman are also coming and we can't possibly have three JW titles on one day, right? I'm thinking Superman today (because of the FSM 'super' release quote) and then HP and SL on Black Friday.

1 minute ago, Disco Stu said:

November 16th is exactly 17 years after the release of the first film.  Of course, who cares about 17th anniversaries?

You're right. I'm going to write to LLL and Watertower and ask them both to delay until 2021 ;)

Speaking of 2021, if MM has managed to pull off another beautiful release here, what will that mean for the endless franchise butchering in the future? Or would WB finally have realised only WE care about these sets?

Don't underestimate the power of re-issues with different packaging and "collectable" art cards ;)

Also, I think WB will be more interested in releasing some sort of HP 1-8 soundtrack boxset to celebrate the 20th anniversary. Their wider audience will be far less interested in separating the JW scores from t'others.

1 hour ago, bollemanneke said:

In my opinion, it seems more likely to be a BF release. I mean, we know Schindler's List and Superman are also coming and we can't possibly have three JW titles on one day, right? I'm thinking Superman today (because of the FSM 'super' release quote) and then HP and SL on Black Friday.

What time today? I want to sleep.

Well, it's 6:30am in la la land right now, so they won't even be in the office yet.  If they roll right into the office and unfurl the banner, you'd still have 2-3 hours.  Most of the time when they announce stuff, it's in the afternoon, meaning 6+ hours from now.  Just sleep!  If something is announced, it'll still be here when you wake up

On 10/31/2018 at 12:59 PM, Disco Stu said:

"Hedwig's Theme (Paul Oakenfold Remix)"

I laughed way louder than a normal human being should laugh, 'cause I imagined the damn thing.

3 hours ago, Alan said:

Don't underestimate the power of re-issues with different packaging and "collectable" art cards ;)

Also, I think WB will be more interested in releasing some sort of HP 1-8 soundtrack boxset to celebrate the 20th anniversary. Their wider audience will be far less interested in separating the JW scores from t'others.

I'm not with you there. To the average person the scores to 4-8 are, I'd argue, pretty irrelevant and unknown.

I'd say that if there's going to be any box set for public consumption, it's only going to have one name on it.

2 minutes ago, Richard Penna said:

I'm not with you there. To the average person the scores to 4-8 are, I'd argue, pretty irrelevant and unknown.

I'd say that if there's going to be any box set for public consumption, it's only going to have one name on it.

There was a box set released this year or last that was a collection of all eight OSTs, I've never seen it but it has been done...

22 minutes ago, Mr. Who said:

I would say the very average person only knows Hedwig's theme, not who composed it or in which movie it appeared first. They would just say the Harry Potter theme or "Harry Potter song".

This makes blood come out of my ears 😂

4 minutes ago, aj_vader said:

This makes blood come out of my ears 😂

Haha of course. But my point is that these people wouldn't be humming Marge's Waltz any more than they would be humming Lily's theme.

1 hour ago, Mr. Who said:

I would say the very average person only knows Hedwig's theme, not who composed it or in which movie it appeared first. They would just say the Harry Potter theme or "Harry Potter song".

Well that's starting with the average person who has only seen half of the movies or less.

Theoretically, I think someone who has seen all the movies could stretch a few more from Williams, maybe not humming them on command but at least calling out "Harry Potter" if they heard it blindly. I don't think Double Trouble or the Nimbus 2000 themes are too much of a deep cut. If you started playing the last building statement of the family theme from "Leaving Hogwarts" and said name that movie, half would get it and the other half would be going "Ohhh I know this" until Hedwig's Theme gives it away.

But yeah, not much more than that. Buckbeak's Flight maybe. As for 4-8, I might actually guess Fireworks would be the most recognizable. 

2 hours ago, mrbellamy said:

Well that's starting with the average person who has only seen half of the movies or less.

Theoretically, I think someone who has seen all the movies could stretch a few more from Williams, maybe not humming them on command but at least calling out "Harry Potter" if they heard it blindly. I don't think Double Trouble or the Nimbus 2000 themes are too much of a deep cut. If you started playing the last building statement of the family theme from "Leaving Hogwarts" and said name that movie, half would get it and the other half would be going "Ohhh I know this" until Hedwig's Theme gives it away.

But yeah, not much more than that. Buckbeak's Flight maybe. As for 4-8, I might actually guess Fireworks would be the most recognizable. 

Yes. Fireworks and I also know several people who love Lily's Theme and recognize it as such.