HARRY POTTER 1-3 Complete Score Releases Confirmed

Ricard

1 hour ago, crumbs said:

Well, add that to the 4 alternates/film versions (inserts) and that's already 8 alternate tracks for the film. Hopefully there's even more.

Weren't there rumours about an early version of the Window to the Past theme?

3 minutes ago, The Illustrious Jerry said:

do we have high hopes for the artwork?

Not really. Since it's WB, they'd probably hold on to their theatrical posters. Ideally we would at least get Drew Struzan's painting for the first film and his unused artwork for the second film, but for Azkaban there's nothing similar, only those awful photo collages. I doubt they'd use an external artist (like Paul Shipper for BSG) for a franchise this big.

Please Jim Titus Please Jim Titus Please Jim Titus Please Jim Titus Please Jim Titus Please Jim Titus Please Jim Titus Please Jim Titus

1 minute ago, Laserschwert said:

Not really. Since it's WB, they'd probably hold on to their theatrical posters. Ideally we would at least get Drew Struzan's painting for the first film and his unused artwork for the second film, but for Azkaban there's nothing similar, only those awful photo collages. I doubt they'd use an external artist (like Paul Shipper for BSG) for a franchise this big.

I'm sure the talented dwellers of the custom cover threads can help us out!

4 hours ago, crumbs said:

I've just accepted the rumours as fact that Azkaban holds many secrets in its complete recordings, based on what I've read over the years. Obviously the OST has several key differences in the film itself (the insert in the end credits, the alternate accordion section in The Knight Bus, the Hogwarts lockdown insert (that fantastic shot of the front gate locking), the alternate bats-flying-through-the-forest cue, probably others I can't remember).

The bats-flying-through-the-forest cue sounds tracked. But you forgot the alternate werewolf chase. On the OST there is that pizzicato strings passage before the Chasing Scabbers cue and in the movie we hear wild timpani.

4 hours ago, publicist said:

(even the finale is more or less the Buckbeak flight repeated). 

Of course it is. Therefore I don't understand why everyone wants that particular cue.

1 hour ago, bollemanneke said:

And the bats cue is not tracked.

Sorry for the silly question, but what do you mean when you say a cue is “tracked”? Bear with me, I’ve been speaking English for 2/3 of my life but I’m still Italian so some translation issues still happen from time to time. 😬

2 minutes ago, Laserschwert said:

As far as I know "tracked" means that it's been edited together from music from other parts of the film.

That explains it, thanks! 

Found that term here and there, and could tell it was mainly used in a negative manner, but I wasn’t sure about it

25 minutes ago, Molly Weasley said:

Bats definitely isn't tracked, it's gorgeous and it follows an extended Forward to Time Past/Saving Buckbeak. We're also missing the Lupin vs. Buckbeak cue as well as that intense end of the second werewolf scene. Not to mention double trouble variations (Dumbledore's speech, meeting Buckbeak), Window to the Past (Remembering Lily, the walk in the woods, Harry and Sirius after the Shrieking Shack), the transition from the walk in the woods to the scene with the twins, and any time the Pettigrew motif appears. To name a few....

I believe we do have Lupin/Harry’s walk in the woods as part of the “A Window to the Past” track. 

An expansion of the third score could be similar to the A.I. expansion:

There is a 70 minute OST that doubles several minutes of material, so that it's actually just around 60 minutes of material. The expansion then adds 60 minutes of score and another 60 minutes of extras.

32 minutes ago, bollemanneke said:

I don't think HP3 allows for such a huge release.

The ripped expanded version is less than 2 hours long, so counting the eventual alternates a 2cd release will probably be enough.

Would love a clean version of the raucous music that plays when Werewolf Lupin chases Harry and Hermione.

1.27 - Very Revenge of the Sith-y

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't MV say something on FSM about BF releases being available digitally from other resources? If that's the case with HP, what about a digital version for the masses (who don't buy CDs, it seems) and a CD release for the geeks?

56 minutes ago, Alex said:

Would love a clean version of the raucous music that plays when Werewolf Lupin chases Harry and Hermione.

1.27 - Very Revenge of the Sith-y

What's up with the weird panning effect?

2 hours ago, Richard Penna said:

Likely related to removing sfx. Most rips of Rescuing Sirius lose a channel when the door breaks open to reduce the *crash*. It doesn't make for particularly good listening. 

That would make sense; but for me personally if and when I ever do that in my edits, I'll simply make the solo channel mono, or more likely convert it to artificial stereo, as opposed to keeping it all off to one speaker.

4 hours ago, King Mark said:

we getting one of the 3

1)Fully complete scores with alternates, unused music,children suite, trailer music...

2) Slight cost cutting , compromise for the masses. Whatever fits on 2 c.d.'s each

3) Repackaged OST's + 1 bonus disk of extra cues + Screen Savers +Collectible stickers, embossed covers  AND foldout poster

Option 3 would be preferable.

6 hours ago, King Mark said:

we getting one of the 3

1)Fully complete scores with alternates, unused music,children suite, trailer music...

2) Slight cost cutting , compromise for the masses. Whatever fits on 2 c.d.'s each

3) Repackaged OST's + 1 bonus disk of extra cues + Screen Savers +Collectible stickers, embossed covers  AND foldout poster

I want 1, but I'm reaaaaaally into those collectible stickers, so I'm torn! 😂 

9 hours ago, Manakin Skywalker said:

That would make sense; but for me personally if and when I ever do that in my edits, I'll simply make the solo channel mono, or more likely convert it to artificial stereo, as opposed to keeping it all off to one speaker.

Yes I've occasionally tried putting the clean channel on both sides with a lightly delay between them. I did that in my Walk in the Woods rip from Twister until LLL's release.

Question is whether it happens in the middle of a smooth section in which case it can work. If you do it right on a crescendo as with Rescuing Sirius it can sound like crap.

1 hour ago, Incanus said:

Well if Mike Matessino is involved I am expecting the first option and I am sure he will make that happen unless Williams himself was opposed to it.

I highly doubt they’ll choose option 2,

unless Williams is opposed to releasing alternates. 

An expanded HP3 will probably fit in two discs just fine.