Official Discord Thread

Disco Stu

STIFF! It’s Stiff! 

52 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

I saved Bilbo's picture and will sell it to the highest bidder. He really looks like the next James Bond.

Well I put the time and effort in in the gym to get those abs and biceps. 

2 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Shouldn't this thread be in General Discussion or Other Topics?

It's an officially sanctioned extension of the forum!

I think.

Maybe.

For now.

3 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

I think I should report this thread to the mods!

Nice try Stu! But your little revolution will end soon!

We'll take to the seas!  Like the Crimson Permanent Assurance!

I'm the one with the eyepatch.

MadLikelyBactrian-small.gif

Discord is good for chat. There's almost always someone there. 

The first weekend of it was when it was most popular, but it will not cause JW Fan to crumble.

JW Fan remains it's good old self.

34 minutes ago, TGP said:

Its ignore functions are superior.

Not even a little bit. "1 blocked message" 

"2 blocked messages" over and over, you sure about that? I'm not on this Discord (yeah no thanks F that noise) but ignore functions on there are pretty much the same as here. 

18 hours ago, Norma's Corpse said:

The Discord is better than the forum.

No. It's better for live conversation (even though I'm to shy to spark one up just yet).

The forum is superior still. 

Besides, the Discord is like a distant cousin to the forum.

On 10/31/2018 at 11:11 PM, TGP said:

Lots of your posts here seem to be about how you don't really care for any of us...

When word of this Discord got around, one user on a server I frequent had this to say - and honestly I don't know if he's on the JWFan server or not: 

"JWFan can occasionally have decent discussion, but usually every time someone tries to start a thread, all it takes is some "comedian" to come in, tell a half-assed "joke", and leave, and the signal is given for everyone else to come in and defecate all over the place. The forum is a myriad of in-jokes and shitposting. A lot of members there have been posting for a decade or more, so they've sort of run out of things to talk about and choose to shitpost instead."

It's not that I don't really care for any of you, it's that like it or not, there is some truth in that comment I shared and it's hard to know if going into a place like that if it's going to be fun without insults and mockery, or just insults and mockery which seems to be fun to some, which is unfortunate. 

And Faith learned to care. She just needed a little help from her vampire sponsor. Killing a guy, then body-jumping into her enemy, sleeping with her enemy's boytoy, going on a suicide mission involving torturing her former watcher and finally getting help from the vampire with a soul will have some affect on her ability to give a damn. 

Just sayin'

2 hours ago, NL197 said:

When word of this Discord got around, one user on a server I frequent had this to say - and honestly I don't know if he's on the JWFan server or not: 

"JWFan can occasionally have decent discussion, but usually every time someone tries to start a thread, all it takes is some "comedian" to come in, tell a half-assed "joke", and leave, and the signal is given for everyone else to come in and defecate all over the place. The forum is a myriad of in-jokes and shitposting. A lot of members there have been posting for a decade or more, so they've sort of run out of things to talk about and choose to shitpost instead."

It's not that I don't really care for any of you, it's that like it or not, there is some truth in that comment I shared and it's hard to know if going into a place like that if it's going to be fun without insults and mockery, or just insults and mockery which seems to be fun to some, which is unfortunate. 

And Faith learned to care. She just needed a little help from her vampire sponsor. Killing a guy, then body-jumping into her enemy, sleeping with her enemy's boytoy, going on a suicide mission involving torturing her former watcher and finally getting help from the vampire with a soul will have some affect on her ability to give a damn. 

Just sayin'

Grand, there are other corner’s of the Internet if you’re not happy here. 

I you want dry discussion where random scores from b list movies are treated as holy grails FSM is there for you.

There is loads of great insight on this forum. Loads of it. But there’s also a good deal of craic to be had which is what makes this place appealing. 

There’s one or two posters who take the shitposting a bit too far but they’re easily identified and if you use the ignore function you’ll cut them out and miss nothing. 

19 minutes ago, Bespin said:

JWfan have a complete and comprehensive true discography made by me!

It's far from nothing when we think of it!

😀

It will be studied by robot alien scholars 1,000 years from now!

Well it could be studied now by new fans who don't know what is a "re-recorded" score or tthat he JW's discography is huuuuge and complex witn many many many collaborations.

😋

1 hour ago, Bespin said:

JWfan have a complete and comprehensive true discography made by me!

It's far from nothing when we think of it!

😀

There’s a discography? 

7 minutes ago, Bilbo said:

There’s a discography? 

Do you own these recordings?  Do you know they exist?

With Frank McCourt

p_tanglewood75.jpg

Music from Angela's Ashes (2000) (2012, BSO Classics, Digital Release; McCourt, Boston Pops O/Williams)

Music composed and conducted by John Williams; Narrated by Frank McCourt.

With Dianne Reeves & Brian Stokes Mitchell

p_tanglewood75.jpg

Lerner and Loewe: "My Fair Lady", arranged for singers and jazz orchestra by John Williams (2004) (2012, BSO Classics, Digital Release; Reeves, Stokes Mitchell, Tanglewood Big Band Ens./Williams)

Music arranged and conducted by John Williams.

With James Taylor

p_tanglewood75.jpg

James Taylor And Friends (2009) (2012, BSO Classics, Digital Release; Taylor, Boston Pops Esplanade O/Williams)

Music conducted by John Williams.