Highwood's Ghost to be released on Blu-ray

Miguel Andrade

oh a new Blu Ray for my website!

So finally, it's the 2018-08-26 concert, or selections from it?

The Bernstein Centennial Celebration at Tanglewood / McDonald, Midori, Sierra, Soltani, Hampson, Ma, Zhou, BPO, NY Philh. O, Vienna Phil. O, Israel Philh. O, Tanglewood Music Center O, Pacific Music Festival, Schleswig-Holstein Music Festival, Tanglewood Festival Ch., Nelsons, Eschenbach, Lockhart, Tilson Thomas, Williams (Boston, Koussevitzky Music Shed, Lenox, MA, 2018-08-26)

BERNSTEIN Overture to Candide (Andris Nelsons); BERNSTEIN "Phaedrus" from Serenade (after Plato's 'Symposium') for violin and orchestra (with Midori and Christoph Eschenbach); BERNSTEIN "Kaddish 2" from Symphony No. 3 (with Nadine Sierra, the Tanglewood Festival Chorus, and Keith Lockhart); BERNSTEIN "Meditation 3" from Mass for cello and orchestra (Kian Soltani and Christoph Eschenbach); BERNSTEIN Selections from West Side Story: Prologue, Jet Song, Maria, A boy like that, I have a love, and Tonight quintet (Isabel Leonard, Jessica Vosk, Tony Yazbeck, Tanglewood Festival Chorus, Joshua Bergasse, Michael Tilson Thomas); MAHLER Song from Des Knaben Wunderhorn (Thomas Hampson and Andris Nelsons); COPLAND Finale of Appalachian Spring (Michael Tilson Thomas); WILLIAMS Highwood's Ghost, An Encounter for Cello, Harp and Orchestra (Yo-Yo Ma, Jessica Zhou, John Williams); MAHLER Finale from Symphony No. 2, Resurrection (Nadine Sierra, Susan Graham, Tanglewood Festival Chorus, Andris Nelsons). Broadcasted on classicalwcrb.org (2018).

Will definitely be buying the Blu-ray of this. Just couple of weeks ago it was also broadcasted on Finnish TV. Williams isn't just conducting his piece but is also one of the interviewees and included on some of the sort clips between the performances.

For Finnish members (or with VPN) this is still available online at YLE Areena.

Instant purchase also for me! :)You can find a back cover with all the details and technical aspects of this blu ray at the link below

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Bernstein-at-100-The-Centennial-Celebration-at-Tanglewood-Blu-ray/217926/

Am I gonna have to buy a blu-ray player now, just so I can play this one disc—which would be my first-ever blu-ray purchase?? For JW, maybe it’d be worth it.