Well, I'm back

Jay

Frankly in those spots it feels more like a location-less ghetto, if you know what I mean. 

There are plenty of areas beyond the big cities (and probably in them, too, I just never went to them often outside of school field trips), though where the traditions and rituals are still actively practiced, on the small day-to-day basis (in other words, not just as a flashy spectacle). 

And this might have changed with the adoption of Common Core, but when I was in school there, we were taught almost exclusively about Hawaiian culture and history. I didn't study many historical events that happened in the mainland, such as the US Civil War, until I moved here years later. 

The "I'm back!" scene is the only fault I can find with Spider-Man 2. It's not that I dislike the scene because it is pretty fucking epic when he jumps, it's the Matrix-like fall and comic relief when he plunges into the alley. It just kind of annoys me because ultimately he isn't back until Otto threatens MJ. So the scene should probably have been removed...