Star Wars: Andor (2022) - released episode spoilers allowed

Holko

My care factor was pretty low for this but I'll give Disney credit for filling these shows with great casts. Mandalorian had exceptional casting, also.

And Diego Luna is actually a fantastic actor, he was just totally wasted in Rogue One by a director who can't direct actors for shit.

Wonder who will score this?

1 hour ago, Jay said:

After The Mandalorian I'd be thrilled with Ludwig Göransson scoring this too

I think he'll be too busy between Mandalorian S2 and whatever films he's working on next (granted, there might not be many films coming out in this climate).

I'd kinda prefer different composers tackled each show, just to give each series a distinct musical flavour. Now that Williams has finished with Star Wars, it's a good opportunity to expand the musical palette of the franchise with fresh blood (just like Ludwig with Mando).

39 minutes ago, Luke Skywalker said:

Ins't he the father of the actor who plays Galen erso?

Stellan Skarsgård is not the father of Mads Mikkelsen

Stellan Skarsgård IS the father of Alexander Skarsgård, who doesn't look anything like Mads Mikkelsen and is a decade younger.  But I assume that's who he was thinking of.

3 hours ago, Jay said:

Stellan Skarsgård is not the father of Mads Mikkelsen

OOps

3 hours ago, Jay said:

Stellan Skarsgård IS the father of Alexander Skarsgård, who doesn't look anything like Mads Mikkelsen and is a decade younger.  But I assume that's who he was thinking of.

And two other actors, the Floki guy from Vikings and the Clown from IT.

But i really got mixxed with Mads Mikkelsen somehow! XD

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

It will be an interesting test of the Lucasfilm Story Group to see if Gilroy utilizes the serviceable meet-cute between Cassian and K2 from the comics, or if Gilroy came up with some grand plan that contradicts it.

I honestly have no problem with the tiered canon of the Legends days - what happens onscreen takes precedent, what happens in the ancillary materials is canon until the films/TV contradict it (for instance, I recall hearing that TCW season 7 conflicted with the Ahsoka book in some minor ways).

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Saw Gerrera has appeared in a lot of Star Wars stuff over the years, like one episode of Rebels, Andor, Fallen Order... Pretty good for a minor character who dies in Rogue One.

1 hour ago, Manakin Skywalker said:

Tbf he did start out as a major character in a 4(?) episode arc in The Clone Wars years before appearing in Rogue One.

Really? Was he voiced by Forrest Whitaker then? I haven't watched all of Clone Wars.

37 minutes ago, Edmilson said:

Really? Was he voiced by Forrest Whitaker then? I haven't watched all of Clone Wars.

No, it was another voice actor (edit: Andrew Kishino) who also voiced the character in The Bad Batch. His first canonical appearance was in 2012.

You know I always thought it was never always meant to be "Saw" in Rogue One, just sometime during production they had the idea for Forrest Whitakers character to be Saw from CW

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 08/02/2022 at 12:56 PM, Disco Stu said:

Wow; they don't even know if S1 will be well-received!

So far, I've seen virtually no talks about it whatsoever.

Seems people are pretty ambiguous about this one...

Truth be told, I'm curious.

Some early Rebellion in Live Action?

Could be fun!

Peculiar to do a show about a character from ROGUE ONE, especially knowing his death and fate is already sealed (but similar to Anakin's story in the prequels etc., I suppose). And who -- to be honest -- is a relatively unknown in the STAR WARS universe. But by all means, I devour these STAR WARS shows all day long, and can't get enough of them. So bring it on.

I'm not sure if this series will be fun in the traditional sense, unless they starkly veer from the tone of Rogue One (which is possible).  I really liked Cassian in the movie.  It was cool to explore the psychological effects of fighting for the Rebellion on the average foot soldiers.  Sort of like that great TNG episode "Lower Decks" (not the horrible cartoon show).

Diego Luna was very good portraying this man who had been broken by all the moral compromises he had had to make.  I look forward to this show very much!

4 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

I'm not sure if this series will be fun in the traditional sense...

I hope not. Would love more "serious" STAR WARS stuff.

On 10/02/2022 at 2:32 PM, Disco Stu said:

I'm not sure if this series will be fun in the traditional sense, unless they starkly veer from the tone of Rogue One (which is possible).

Should've said interesting, I suppose...

Plus anyway, any quality time spent in the Star Wars world, seeing more of it, IS find-a fun; no?

So we have a composer announced for ANDOR, but nothing for OBI-WAN yet... which is supposed to be premiering first if I understand correctly???  

4 hours ago, Drew said:

I bet their plan is to keep taking Oscar-bait composers and have them screw up the Star Wars sound...

Britell is an exceptional composer and knows how to use an orchestra. He's miles ahead of, say Giacchino in terms of harmony and colour alone. He'll nail this.

2 hours ago, Edmilson said:

I think Rogue One is the only Gia score that I outright dislike. He wrote some great scores in his career for movies, TV and games, but R1... Not for me, though.

I feel the same and I don't know why.  So many of my favorite scores of all time are by him, and this is a blockbuster scifi score him which he usually nails... but I just can't get into it at all, no matter how many times I've tried

• 2 months later...