Star Wars: Andor (2022) - released episode spoilers allowed

Holko

Supreme Leader, the collapse of the franchise has begun.

An extremely odd decision.

Hold off on all spinoffs only to announce this TV show? I'm really confused with their planning.

It’s not a terrible decision, per se, but ultimately it’s just more evidence that Disney really doesn't know what to do with this franchise.

They have an entire galaxy to explore and they are already going back to the well with an entirely forgettable character from a movie full of them. Let’s follow TLJ’s lead and move the franchise forward, away from the past. 

@JTWfan77, you disagree?

What is there to tell about him? He joined the Rebellion at 6 and always blindly followed the higher-ups' commands even if he may have moraly disagreed with them, until he met Jyn, which we saw. Riveting, ain't it?

7 hours ago, Richard said:

That scratching noise you can hear, is the sound of the bottom of the barrel, being scraped. 

For fuck's sake, they're getting so desperate.

Verily I agree with Richard.

When I first heard the news (exactly 45 seconds after StarWars.com posted it), I was neither excited nor disappointed. It's just such a random, bizarre choice. Out of a billion Star Wars characters, this is the one they want to make a show about. I thought the article was some sort of joke before I clicked on it. I mean, I'm looking forward to it, but it just seems like absolutely no thought was put into it. It's as if someone came up with the idea this morning, and they instantly greenlit it, and announced it 10 minutes later.

10 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

Interesting.  I like Diego Luna.  I wonder how long before the beginning of R1 it will be set.  It obviously can’t be after!

It will be revealed that he survived Rogue One after all.

Anyway, he was better in The Terminal. They should make a prequel to that! :D

1 hour ago, Pieter_Boelen said:

I'll be curious to see this.

There are worse ideas out there.

Yeah, there's always Star Trek.

44 minutes ago, Manakin Skywalker said:

When I first heard the news (exactly 45 seconds after StarWars.com posted it), I was neither excited nor disappointed. It's just such a random, bizarre choice. Out of a billion Star Wars characters, this is the one they want to make a show about. I thought the article was some sort of joke before I clicked on it. I mean, I'm looking forward to it, but it just seems like absolutely no thought was put into it. It's as if someone came up with the idea this morning, and they instantly greenlit it, and announced it 10 minutes later.

Hmm... I could see something be made from it.

Some early rebellion, with a less-than-noble-on-occasion approach?

Isn't that what people wanted from Rogue One, but what it ended up deviating from in the end?

To me, this sounds like an opportunity for them to take their original ideas for that and put them somewhere where they don't need to be so concerned with engaging all possible audiences at the same time.

24 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Yeah, there's always Star Trek.

Is that worse? Heh...

I've actually been working on catching up on all Star Trek series for a long time now.

Halfway into Enterprise now, so... getting there.

I'd rather watch a series about those two Asian dudes whose names I can't remember.

But then, I won't watch it either way anyway...like any other SW series past and present. :lol:

Karol

Those two actually have backstories they could explore, establish the Jedha temple, the Whills and such better, have some Donnie Yen action...

2 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

Except Donnie Yen is too big of an actual movie star in Hong Kong/China.

Yes, I was about to say. They probably can't afford him.

But that would have been at least somewhat interesting and new.

Karol

I'll hold up Better Call Saul as the world's stupidest idea, a prequel for a character who had nothing more to say, executed in such a way that it was not only successful but something really special.

Why don't we wait and see what comes out?

I'm sure also that it's not just gonna be a series about Cassian and K2SO - it will be about a group of rebels, all with their own character arcs and stories to tell.

This will be the first real opportunity for Lucasfilm to jump the "new canon."  Cassian and K2SO's meet-cute has already been told.  Will it be retold/retconned/revised?   https://www.starwars.com/news/cassian-meets-k-2so-in-rogue-one-prequel-comic-exclusive

15 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

Interesting.  I like Diego Luna.  I wonder how long before the beginning of R1 it will be set.  It obviously can’t be after!

Spoilers bruh...

They dare show us a dead character from a beloved movie two years after he died? So soon? We're all still shook up! What is Disney thinking?

1 hour ago, Holko said:

They dare show us a dead character from a beloved movie two years after he died? So soon? We're all still shook up! What is Disney thinking?

They've done it once, they'll do it again! 

8 hours ago, Luke Skywalker said:

They could have made a Kyle katarn series introducing him into the new canon, and and it would have been more popular....

He would be a completely different character though considering almost everything related to him has been contradicted by canon. I feel if they did ever make a movie or TV show about a beloved EU character, fans would be even more angry than they are now because the characters wouldn't be exactly as they were in the EU.