Black Friday! - What do you believe in? - Part 2

Brundlefly

Will Harry Potter be part of the batch?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Will Harry Potter be part of the batch?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

The poll is just for the poll fanatics! Just tell me what the five titles will be. Who makes 5 correct guesses? Okay that's not gonna happen. Maybe 4? Only 2 or 3 are also quite decent! Let's push our luck! The stake will be your sanity!

My guesses:

Harry Potter 1-3

Schindler's List

The Swarm

The Thin Red Line

Heat

Maybe also:

Innerspace

Superman: The Movie

Tomorrow Never Dies

7 hours ago, El Jefe said:

Die Hard is getting released this coming Tuesday.

That was supposed to be a joke, like they're releasing it again only 2 weeks later.

6 hours ago, Corellian2019 said:

Harry Potter 1-3

Superman

The Thin Red Line

Heat

Terminator 2

That is pretty damn accurate, I think! Although I would change Superman to Schindler's List.

3 hours ago, Richard said:

When Black Friday comes, I stand down by the door, and watch the grey men, when they dive from the fourteenth floor.

Classic song.

Also an accurate description of JWFan when Potter isn’t announced 

69% cannot be wrong!

1 hour ago, bollemanneke said:

Harry Potter 1-3

Schindler's List

Superman

Thin Red Line

And something else I don't want

I really don't think that Superman will make it this year. It must be the delayed title.

32 minutes ago, Brundlefly said:

I really don't think that Superman will make it this year. It must be the delayed title.

Superman is barely exciting anyway. Already been released so many times.

I'm hoping for some new stuff.

As for my vote in the poll: "I do believe in faeries!" :P

12 hours ago, Brundlefly said:

The poll is just for the poll fanatics! Just tell me what the five titles will be. Who makes 5 correct guesses? Okay that's not gonna happen. Maybe 4? Only 2 or 3 are also quite decent! Let's push our luck! The stake will be your sanity!

My guesses:

Harry Potter 1-3

Schindler's List

The Swarm

The Thin Red Line

Heat

It won't be Heat. Elliot Goldenthal and Warner Bros. are not friends anymore.

Karol

He did, but Fox now owns the distribution rights to Heat. I think that makes anything possible

9 hours ago, Brundlefly said:

That is pretty damn accurate, I think! Although I would change Superman to Schindler's List.

Yeah, I was tempted to put Schindler's List on my list of predictions, but there is still that nagging issue of whether LLL will release it on 11/27, or make an exception to tie it with the theatrical re-release in December

14 hours ago, Brundlefly said:

That was supposed to be a joke, like they're releasing it again only 2 weeks later.

C9F0B46D-21EF-44F5-B94B-E29904AF8215.gif

7 hours ago, kaseykockroach said:

I believe that someday, I’ll meet a girl with low standards.

I'm beginning to believe less and less that I'll meet a gal who isn't an acid-tongued misery guts who calls me a "faggot" on the first date.

5 hours ago, Norma's Corpse said:

If only, if only.

The Trump of online dating!

16 minutes ago, bollemanneke said:

It's kind of common knowledge by now.

Whatever it is, by now we have so many bootlegs of that recent stuff in great sound that are no par with commercial releases that the #underhelming will stand tall on Black Friday. The ones i really like i will buy out of a sense of duty but i have heard all this stuff many times now.

*My* TRL exists in pristine 320k and a LLL presentation of Potter will not be organized in a wildly different fashion to the session bootleg (how could that be?).

I mean, yes, for hoarders..ahemm..collector's there is this need to own thick booklets and plastic to put on a cd rack, but this is 2018 i couldn't care less. 

50 minutes ago, bollemanneke said:

Yes, but the sessions contain annoying silences and are too quiet. I do understand your point about physical releases, but the more I have to spend on my computer, the more I'm beginning to appreciate CDs.

The gulf between musical-minded fans like me and collectors for collecting's sake is best exemplified by this: of all those expanded cd's i (had to) bought in recent years, not a single one was a pleasurable *listening* experience, they all needed heavy editing to get rid of unwelcome stuff (irrelevant scene-specific cues of limited or no musical interest, alternates which are none, redundancies, multiple versions of stuff and so on). So what happens is this: getting the cd out of the shrinkwrap, putting them in my cd harddrive, ripping (or editing) stuff i want to keep - 30%-50%  - and putting them back in a dark corner where they remain untouched. The booklet i may look at once, if that, and what's in there is mostly not very illuminating, musically - i just don't care for slate numbers, recording dates and mixdown information (or general composer info i know since a 1000 years). 

So that leaves me with a highly problematic product i never would dream of buying physically if i could get my hands on it digitally.

34 minutes ago, Norma's Corpse said:

She was a government employed psychologist too!

Those darn broads! 

7 hours ago, publicist said:

I mean, yes, for hoarders..ahemm..collector's there is this need to own thick booklets and plastic to put on a cd rack, but this is 2018 i couldn't care less. 

It's not hoarding, when you sell the old CDs.:(

36 minutes ago, scallenger said:

Speaking of booklets, I still miss the days of track-by-track analysis. Sometimes current booklets gloss over potentially interesting facts about how a film version came to be, or alternates.

Papillon by Quartet has a great track-by-track analysis and it's from 2017! Total Recall (also by Quartet from 2015) as well. But that's it as far as I know.

6 hours ago, publicist said:

The gulf between musical-minded fans like me and collectors for collecting's sake is best exemplified by this: of all those expanded cd's i (had to) bought in recent years, not a single one was a pleasurable *listening* experience, they all needed heavy editing to get rid of unwelcome stuff (irrelevant scene-specific cues of limited or no musical interest, alternates which are none, redundancies, multiple versions of stuff and so on). So what happens is this: getting the cd out of the shrinkwrap, putting them in my cd harddrive, ripping (or editing) stuff i want to keep - 30%-50%  - and putting them back in a dark corner where they remain untouched. The booklet i may look at once, if that, and what's in there is mostly not very illuminating, musically - i just don't care for slate numbers, recording dates and mixdown information (or general composer info i know since a 1000 years). 

Have to say... I agree pretty much 100%.

I quite appreciate that on CE3K, something new was attempted to have a good listening experience AND have all the stuff at the same time.

My personal ideal world: The CD should be close to complete, but tailored for listening purposes.

Then buying it would entitle you to access an online repository with the full, unedited recording sessions.

End result: disc is fun to play and if you want something else, you're covered too.

The wonderful world of dreaming about the impossible, eh?

Maybe I should reconsider my chances with the girls instead... :blush2:

1 hour ago, publicist said:

Both Potter bootlegs sound pretty much perfect, as far as i'm concerned.

Would you buy single releases of the first two scores?

or

Would you buy one release with all three scores just because of the third score?