Schindler's List - 2CD 25th Anniversary Edition from La-La Land Records (2018)

Jay

Thanks for bumping this - I had no clue they fixed the mastering on disc 2.  Just grabbed it on sale - been a very lucrative week for LLL on my end.

14 hours ago, mstrox said:

Thanks for bumping this - I had no clue they fixed the mastering on disc 2.  Just grabbed it on sale - been a very lucrative week for LLL on my end.

What else did you get?

is LLL sending a disc 2 replacements.. I mean did anyone ask. My copy remains unopened and I got the first pressing.

1 hour ago, Jurassic Shark said:

What else did you get?

With the 25% off sale, I pretty much knocked out my “maybe” list from LLL, which included Die Hard, Child’s Play 2, and Batman: The Movie.  I also bought Beavis and Butt-head because I liked the samples, and every one of their $5 CDs that I didn’t already have.  All told, I spent too much money and have some regrets about it!

1 hour ago, Amer said:

is LLL sending a disc 2 replacements.. I mean did anyone ask. My copy remains unopened and I got the first pressing.

Its a few pages back - no dice per MV.  

On 20/10/2021 at 12:30 PM, Jay said:

On 20/10/2021 at 12:30 PM, Jay said:

Dear MV

Are you able to provide replacements for the 2nd disc of Schindler's List that had sound issues on the 1st pressing?

I don't recall any issues

MV

Yes I remember that but who is saying that they fixed the issue.If it’s a pressing error in some batches it should be replaced.

On 22/10/2021 at 2:01 PM, Jay said:

The original pressing looks like this:

image.png

The newer pressing looks like this:

image.png

It’s been fixed. There are also ears-on testimonials a page or two back, including Bespin. Whether they should distribute replacements is a different question from whether they will - but we do have a definitive “no” answer to the latter question.

This error should have replacements. Intradas eiger sanction really didnt need to be replaced. But different policies from different companies…

im wont buy first pressings anymore, unless its confirmed no errors are present

I guess the problem with these limited editions produced by highly specialized companies is that you never know which edition is the one to get.

Wasn’t there a cue missing from the 2nd pressing of Jaws due to a rights issue?

2 hours ago, rough cut said:

What?

Damn.. i suppose i have the 1st pressing... but which cue was that?

I remember hearing that there is a reissue planned, but will only be one disc, as per rights issues they cannot release more copies of the original 2cd release.

3 hours ago, rough cut said:

No. 

44 minutes ago, Luke Skywalker said:

I remember hearing that there is a reissue planned, but will only be one disc, as per rights issues they cannot release more copies of the original 2cd release.

That's not what Roger said

So, I thought I'd completed my collection of JW commercially released scores when I picked up Mr. Chips... And while organizing the other day, I realized... um.. well...  I am missing Schindler's List!?!?!? :blush:  What the hell is wrong with me? :blink:

I must order this.  I haven't listened to the score in years.

Sorry, I was thinking about this.

80889DEA-ED15-4E6F-9F7E-2946F2E4E511.jpeg

It’s not confirmed yet what the changes might be.

The Jaws 2CD set is currently sold out but will likely be re-issued at some point with a slightly different program.

I know it's not necessarily Intrada's fault but I won't be shelling out for an inferior product, if they really are stripping all the bonus tracks off and labelling it a "reissue." 

To hell with these AFM rules on quantities. Jaws is a defining score in film history and that archival release should remain in print for perpetuity.

Can anyone explain why they can only re-release the score after scrapping a quarter of the album, when countless other scores have been expanded multiple times, often with subsequent expansions that went beyond the previous release?

If the mandate is simply that the assembly needs to be different, couldn't they just move all the bonus tracks to disc 2, or drop one bonus track instead of them all? Even try adding the source music Williams declined in 2015? Never hurts to ask again, considering his stance may have changed in 7 years... 

On 07/05/2022 at 4:39 PM, Andy said:

So, I thought I'd completed my collection of JW commercially released scores when I picked up Mr. Chips... And while organizing the other day, I realized... um.. well...  I am missing Schindler's List!?!?!? :blush:  What the hell is wrong with me? :blink:

I must order this.  I haven't listened to the score in years.

You're missing the OST as well?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

"

JOHN WILLIAMS SPECIAL!

Our celebration of the maestro’s 90 years and our new JURASSIC PARK re-issue continues with great prices on some of his brilliant titles! Get SCHINDLER’S LIST and FAR & AWAY 2-CD sets at an amazing price of ONLY $25 EACH
and his SAVING PRIVATE RYAN for ONLY $10 EACH!!!!

"

https://secure.campaigner.com/csb/Public/show/4our-2jw9l1--zw34g-ag4f6q6

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Is anyone aware of the below arrangement?

John Williams: Music From "Schindler's List"

Remembrances/Theme From "Schindler's List"/Jewish Town

Arranged By – Shimon Cohen

Found on this disc:

Primär

zweitrangig, 18 of 18

Source:

Feidman And The Jerusalem Symphony Orchestra Conducted By David Shallon – In Jerusalem (1994, CD) - Discogs

22 hours ago, BB-8 said:

Found on this disc:

Primär

zweitrangig, 18 of 18

Source:

Feidman And The Jerusalem Symphony Orchestra Conducted By David Shallon – In Jerusalem (1994, CD) - Discogs

A second hand CD of the above has been delivered, and I must say that it was worth every penny.

A very nice, cleanly recorded arrangement of the key themes from Schindler's List for basset horn and orchestra. The rest of the album is also very pleasant.

On 29/11/2022 at 10:42 AM, BB-8 said:

Found on this disc:

Primär

zweitrangig, 18 of 18

Source:

I've had it for years... Very nice album. If memory serves, the main reason I got it some 20 years ago was because Feidman had an appearance on the original recording.

On 29/11/2022 at 11:42 AM, BB-8 said:

Found on this disc:

Primär

zweitrangig, 18 of 18

Source:

I have this album.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...