Harry Potter - The John Williams Soundtrack Collection 7CD boxset from La-La Land Records (2018)

Jay

On 23/11/2018 at 4:09 AM, bollemanneke said:

Okay, I'll post them anyway before I forget them.

HP1

- Wasn't Letters from Hogwarts and Hagrid's Entrance supposed to be one cue in the movie?

- Is You're A Wizard, Harry complete?

- Is Fighting The Troll a combination of Troll in the Dungeons and Fighting The Troll?

- What is Cast A Christmas Spell? The album suite or a combination of the ghosts and music box?

- Is Neville Stiffens It's Guarding Something?

- Can you explain the difference between the two Harry's Wondrous Worlds?

Chamber of Secrets:

- Why did they put The Library first?

- What is Harry's Wondrous World here?

Prisoner of Azkaban?

- What is different about the Lumos! Hedwig's Theme versions?

- Where is Aunt Marge Points The Finger?

- What is Double Trouble, the album version? In that case, where is Something Wicked Intro?

- What is Trouble Takes Many Forms?

- What is The Three Broomsticks?

- What is The Firebolt and End Credit Suite?

- What is the Wizards' Consort?

- What is Aunt Marge's Waltz (alternate?)

- Did Williams veto any tracks, aka are all recorded POA alts here?

Thanks a lot in advance, also for whatever you might have done to make this happen. Alarm clock will be set for 9:01 PM on Tuesday.

Excellent questions 

Just now, Jay said:

I was a Project Consultant on this release.  It's my first real credit, and first paying gig in the field, actually.  If anyone was wondering why I stopped posting as frequently this spring, this is why.

Very cool. You rock Jay. Thanks for all you did!

9 minutes ago, Jay said:

I was a Project Consultant on this release.  It's my first real credit, and first paying gig in the field, actually.  If anyone was wondering why I stopped posting as frequently this spring, this is why.  Mike and I worked our butts off to make this set as good as it could possibly be.

And yes, one thing I did was proof-read the (many!) liner notes :)

We will be bombarding you with question from here to eternity once we get our hands on the set and probably before that too. ;) 

Oh and congrats on this gig Jay! With you and Mike working on this, I am sure this set is as comprehensive as possible.

1 minute ago, King Mark said:

it's not on the LLL website yet?

All the titles will be on sale next Tuesday 27th.

No.

Their website never mentions any future titles, only the ones already for sale.

LLL uses social media to announce future titles.  Facebook and Twitter.

yeah but isn't there a page for announced releases?

Only on Facebook.

Just now, Jay said:

No.

Every month it feels like you're answering the same questions 🤣

12 minutes ago, Jay said:

I was a Project Consultant on this release.  It's my first real credit, and first paying gig in the field, actually.  If anyone was wondering why I stopped posting as frequently this spring, this is why.  Mike and I worked our butts off to make this set as good as it could possibly be.

After it is released, would you mind going into a bit more detail about your role? It'd be cool to see what goes into these sorts of releases! 

Any chance of a few interviews for the main page? 😁

Incredible set! I'm a little scared waiting for international sellers to get it, but I guess there are batches reserved for them, so LLL won't sell all of them themselves, right?

Also, Jay, doesn't this justify a new interview with Mike for the main page?

I have a bit of a dilemma. I'll be in the US next February, so I was think ordering from La La Land then, save on shipping and prevent any hassle from customs. I'm sure Schindler's List and Bran Stoker's Dracula will last until then. The main question, will Potter?

23 minutes ago, Jay said:

Congrats, Jay! I'm sure you'll make us proud!

3 minutes ago, Jay said:

One thing I should point out is that this set features music you've NEVER heard before.  For all three scores!

Even if you're intimately familiar with the albums and the music in the films themselves, there is music here you've NEVER heard before.  For all three scores!

Even if you downloaded the recording session leaks, there is music here you've NEVER heard before.  For all three scores!

AND ALSO even if you downloaded sheet music leaks, there is music here you NEVER knew existed before.  For all three scores!

I'm surprised some of these tracks weren't immediately pointed out by people.

We are too dazed still to go into minutiae. Give us a couple of hours. ;) 

I just noticed that there is going to be a 14. Hogwarts Forever [Vocal Version] 0:48 on this set. I wonder what lyrics go with this piece?

3 minutes ago, Chewy said:

So europeans had better order directly from LLL instead of waiting for MusicBox to have it listed right?

MV has posted somewhere (probably FSM or Facebook) that the Black Friday batch will be exclusively sold via their website until sometime in 2019.

So even if a European retailer puts it up for pre-order now, you won't get it until much later.

7 minutes ago, Romão said:

I have a bit of a dilemma. I'll be in the US next February, so I was think ordering from La La Land then, save on shipping and prevent any hassle from customs. I'm sure Schindler's List and Bran Stoker's Dracula will last until then. The main question, will Potter?

Have people had trouble with customs in the past?

I'll be ordering directly from LLL anyway as I have been doing for quite a while now. Faster and their packages don't usually end up in customs here.

1 minute ago, Alex said:

Have people had trouble with customs in the past?

Not usually with La Land (but always with Varese), but this will a very bulky order (me and Miguel always order together to save on shipping) so I'm sure it won't go through customs without paying extra tax

I can't fucking believe it! I can't wait for this one! Worth every last penny, I'd honestly pay double for it (but thankfully won't have to).

Bravo to all involved, and a special one to you @Jay. I can't imagine how difficult it must've been to keep to yourself!

12 minutes ago, Jay said:

MV has posted somewhere (probably FSM or Facebook) that the Black Friday batch will be exclusively sold via their website until sometime in 2019.

So even if a European retailer puts it up for pre-order now, you won't get it until much later.

Ah, that's an important thing to know... Ordering directly from US is a pain nowadays for us Europeans. Customs now always block packages and also there's the hassle of the Christmas weeks timeframe that could complicate matters. But for this one I might try ordering it directly from LLL and hopefully it'll arrive without much problems.

14 minutes ago, Romão said:

The teaser music is longer than the teaser itself, so I suppose there was some editing done to shorten it for the teaser

or it's not THE teaser music we want.. There was 2 teasers .We want the very first one

or it's not THE teaser music we want.. There was 2 teasers .We want the very first one

The set includes music for the teaser and for the trailer. So I assume everything is there

This news has made my day, I'm definitely ordering this as soon as it's released.

I reckon it'll take a few weeks or more to sell out, if even that!

I more worried because the doorbell to my appartement building is broken and they left my Dracula set next to a trashbin

2 minutes ago, filmmusic said:

I don't know, I think people overestimate how quickly this box will sell..

I bet a year will pass and it won't have sold out.

How quickly did the Superman box sell out?

well it's not the same as Superman

we have the Potter fans to worry about