Harry Potter - The John Williams Soundtrack Collection 7CD boxset from La-La Land Records (2018)

Jay

1 minute ago, Cerebral Cortex said:

This is so fantastic. Really glad we can finally stop worrying about when this will be released and can now move on to worrying about the release itself.

Here's my crack at "fixing it" as you say, bearing in mind that I am (unfortunately) no Stefan Cosman:

Reveal hidden contents

I also tried my hand at tweaking the other 2 covers as well. 

Hide contents

pG6DkhD.jpg
4QRaYMk.jpg

Perfect

25 minutes ago, Cerebral Cortex said:

This is so fantastic. Really glad we can finally stop worrying about when this will be released and can now move on to worrying about the release itself.

Here's my crack at "fixing it" as you say, bearing in mind that I am (unfortunately) no Stefan Cosman:

Reveal hidden contents

I also tried my hand at tweaking the other 2 covers as well. 

Reveal hidden contents

Genius! I wonder what Secrets the Philosopher has!

The physical set will forever be wrong but at least it will say “Philosopher’s Stone” on my iPod. Thank you! 

1 minute ago, scallenger said:

All we need now is this guy who narrated so many of the Potter trailers, and other materials, to do a trailer advertising this new set. ;)

In a world...

Where a score became a legend

9 hours ago, Jay said:

Image may contain: 4 people, text

THE TEETH! WHERE ARE THE TEETH!?

1 hour ago, Damien F said:

Worrying seems to be the default position of some people when an expended release is announced. How do we know this box set is the score by our John Williams and not a previously unknown alternate score by guitarist John Williams :(

4 minutes ago, Marian Schedenig said:

THE TEETH! WHERE ARE THE TEETH!?

OH GOD! Hermione and Ron have no teeth! IT’S THE JURASSIC PARK DEBACLE ALL OVER AGAIN! 

2 minutes ago, Mr. Who said:

This is the best LLL news since Titanic!

As the HP3 cover uses the OST image, I made my own version of the LLL cover:

44199958600_c66ef8a9f5_b.jpgHarry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban LLL edition by hahah123 Covers, on Flickr

Looks awesome! 

But I think it would have been even better with Buckbeak in the background, along with Sirius. :)

8 minutes ago, Mr. Who said:

This is the best LLL news since Titanic!

As the HP3 cover uses the OST image, I made my own version of the LLL cover:

44199958600_c66ef8a9f5_b.jpgHarry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban LLL edition by hahah123 Covers, on Flickr

This is great!

What I’m wondering is are the end credits suite in the new set just the film arrangement of the music in the credits?  I thought it was longer than 7 minutes and pretty close to what is on the OST, but maybe I am mistaken

1 minute ago, Nick Parker said:

What if this set doesn't include the main Harry Potter theme song, heard here?

I don't see that in the track listing anywhere, and I'm getting a little worried....:(

Isnt that just the very last track of disc 2?

8 minutes ago, Taikomochi said:

Isnt that just the very last track of disc 2?

That says "Hedwig's Theme", though. :( C'mon man, think: why would the theme song for a freakin' Harry Potter movie be named after the owl? 

2 hours ago, Diego said:

So... probably a dumb question, since there's no indication on LLL's website, but does anyone know if LLL has some sort of express shipping option?? I'm going to be in the LA area for work from Nov 27th to Dec 2nd (though those dates ara probably too soon for this set anyway) and I'd love to get it then. I live in Mexico and getting these CDs is always a pain. I order from Movie music, and Peter Kelly is a great guy, but Mexico's post service is awful, it's expensive and it takes forever. The JP and ET sets took like two months to get here and disappered from tracking for a long time.

Also, we have a new president that is not "market friendly" to put it lighty and the dollar has already gone up and is going to keep going up, so by the time Movie music gets this set it might be too expensive.

I feel you. Same with me with the US Dollar going up. Oh its a an expensive hobby!!!

Absolutely magnificent! I was optimistic after the London concert programme slip-up and following wink-wink-nudge-nudge, great that it's real ;) 

Major thanks to everybody who brought this set to life!

Now I just have to hope customs won't hold it hostage until next year...

I was just marveling at this fact, that unlike the STAR WARS, INDIANA JONES, HOME ALONE and JURASSIC PARK franchises, this is the first time that HARRY POTTER franchise has gotten a straight direct Mike Matessino deluxe treatment that will leave fans satisfied and content as they can be. Right? I mean we have seen so many issues across for STAR WARS and INDIANA JONES and yet those are far from complete or perfect. This is the first time a major franchise work has be expanded and completed in the most perfect manner as one fan could enjoy!

4 minutes ago, Amer said:

I was just marveling at this fact, that unlike the STAR WARS, INDIANA JONES, HOME ALONE and JURASSIC PARK franchises, this is the first time that HARRY POTTER franchise has gotten a straight direct Mike Matessino deluxe treatment that will leave fans satisfied and content as they can be. Right? I mean we have seen so many issues across for STAR WARS and INDIANA JONES and yet those are far from complete or perfect. This is the first time a major franchise work has be expanded and completed in the most perfect manner as one fan could enjoy!

Well, there's a first time for everything! 

But in a way, it's not that surprising. Of all the franchises JW has been involved in, this is the latest! Everything else came before HP! 

2 minutes ago, Josh500 said:

Well, there's a first time for everything! 

But in a way, it's not that surprising. Of all the franchises JW has been involved in, this is the latest! Everything else came before HP! 

we skipped the Bouzereau release on this one

3 minutes ago, Horner's Dynamic Range said:

JW did not score a movie called Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, he scored the American version.

They gave him the wrong cut of the movie? How embarrassing! 

Just now, King Mark said:

What's that poor so-and-so up to now, anyways? Come to think of it, I haven't really heard much from him since the Indy box set days.

Did JWFans get him blacklisted from touching anything Williams related?

Laurent does a lot of respectable work in the film industry. Despite the inclusion of many asterisk tracks, the Indy box is an annoying brown turd because nearly every other important score has been released since and the excitement of the added tracks wore off approximately 10 years ago.

11 minutes ago, King Mark said:

Dunno, the Concorde box set. It's far from perfect, but it's not so bad, either! Sound quality is awesome, and I'd say we got 95% per cent of the highlights! 

Besides, I remember we were pretty excited and thrilled when this came out....

they added the 4th disk at the last minute

I have this theory that if they had made the box 1mm thinner , they wouln't have had the space to add the 4th disk and would have left it at that

5 minutes ago, Horner's Dynamic Range said:

Laurent does a lot of respectable work in the film industry.

Ehhhh, he produced imperfect soundtrack releases at a time where the market and standards weren't what they are now, I say that's grounds enough for him to be thrown into a fire.

2 hours ago, crumbs said:

Sorry, I think we just have different definitions of the cue in question. For me, the film version of Double Trouble should just be the one minute excerpt in the film (intro + the 30-odd seconds of Double Trouble). I just can't work out where the Something Wicked Intro actually fits into the tracklist.

Thank you Jason, definitely reassuring news before bed! :)

Curious to see where the original version of The Big Doors fits into that additional music section, or the flute solo source music, or the end credits opener sans film insert. The other alternates seem more straightforward.

Oh, I totally agree with you that the Double Trouble film version should be, well, the film version. I'm just saying that we'll probably be able to create that cue ourselves in no time and that the actual film version consists of 2 separate cues in reality.