Harry Potter - The John Williams Soundtrack Collection 7CD boxset from La-La Land Records (2018)

Jay

1 minute ago, Chewy said:

Yeah it's definitely cheaper than ordering it from Music Box. Now I just hope it arrives in good condition, and if possible, before Christmas :) 

None of the Black Friday batches from LLL ever arrived late. I've been ordering every single year since 2010.

As for the condition, it largely depends on the carriers. LLL usually stuff their packaging with ridiculous amount of bubblewrap. And many bigger deliveries are being shipped in boxes. So I would sweat too much. Should something go wrong they'll probably replace it for you. They're usually good like that.

Karol

Anybody leave a note in the Order Instructions/Comment box? 

I wrote: :)

Please package CDs carefully and appropriately, so as to minimise chance of breaking of the cases in transit! Thank you very much for making this happen. Been waiting for Harry Potter for 14 years!

9 minutes ago, Laserschwert said:

The packaging people probably won't care ;)

No, actually it does make a difference. Trust me on this. They all communicate with each other. Well duh. What are "order instructions" good for, otherwise? 

At the beginning (like, if I remember correctly, with Rosewood), I didn't write anything in the comments.

Starting with A.I., I always ask them to package the CDs carefully. And since then the amount of bubblewrap has increased noticeably, and they now stick even one box set in a big carton, crammed with bubblewrap. And no more broken jewel cases!

1 minute ago, Bespin said:

Sphynx 3-D, Batman, Wheel of Fortune and Roulette.

Wheel of Fortune slots is the best slots

Yes Pineapple my 4K player is my cd player. Its connected to my sound system such as it is and my amount of media  is vulgar, hoarder-ish. I feel bad but I have about 50 disc sets I purged this past Sunday. 

2 minutes ago, King Mark said:

not all of the do nowadays

PS4 doesn't

Yeah, I put Titanic in mine last Xmas and was shocked to discover it couldn’t play CDs! 

Just now, JoeinAR said:

Yes Pineapple my 4K player is my cd player. Its connected to my sound system such as it is and my amount of media  is vulgar, hoarder-ish. I feel bad but I have about 50 disc sets I purged this past Sunday. 

Oh boy am I jealous.

Just now, Manakin Skywalker said:

Don't you have a computer?

There's something special about hearing it coming from the big speakers so it fills the entire space of the room.

1 minute ago, Space Pineapple Prod. said:

There's something special about hearing it coming from the big speakers so it fills the entire space of the room.

I suppose. I wouldn't know because my default TV speakers are shit. :P

3 minutes ago, Manakin Skywalker said:

I suppose. I wouldn't know because my default TV speakers are shit. :P

I'm lucky in that mine are not. In fact, my speakers are really good for just coming out of the TV.

Just now, ATXHusker said:

Image result for what's a computer meme

God I hated this commercial when it was aired lol

So did half of America.

I bought a new computer as a gift for Christmas and it did not come with an optical drive. I was surprised but I will include a plug in one as well. 

9 minutes ago, Manakin Skywalker said:

Don't you have a computer?

yeah but i don't trust those cheap drives not to scratch the c.d.'s

and my PC is not connected to my home theater

Just now, King Mark said:

yeah but i don't trust those cheap drives not to scratch the c.d.'s

and my PC is not connected to my home theater

You can't cast it?

Anything playing on my computer can be on my tv with a click. 

1 hour ago, crocodile said:

It always is. I've been ordering stuff from the US for the past decade and it's always like this. Sometimes it might take a bit longer but that's rare (even in December). And sometimes with Tuesday shipping I get it delivered on Saturday.

The unknown variable is, will customs delay it for one or two weeks, or not at all.

10 minutes ago, ATXHusker said:

God I hated this commercial when it was aired lol

Mostly because it essentially misunderstands what the word "computer" means.  A computer is not just the traditional PC with monitor, keyboard, and mouse.

Your phone is a computer.  Phones were computers before they were "smart" actually.

For those that frown on downloading copies, if it's not sold out then someone is getting it for me for Christmas. I still think it's not worth $100, and I bet there's a ton of music included that I never listen to (like all the extra stuff on the SW SE's).  

As far as packaging, it will just collect dust once I rip the CD's. 

1 minute ago, Demodex said:

For those that frown on downloading copies, if it's not sold out then someone is getting it for me Christmas. I still think it's not worth $100, and I bet there's a ton of music included that I never listen to (like all the extra stuff on the SW SE's).  

As far as packaging, it will just collect dust once I rip the CD's. 

If you like the music, then IMO it's worth it.

14 minutes ago, Marian Schedenig said:

The unknown variable is, will customs delay it for one or two weeks, or not at all.

Over here it delays it only by a day or so. But never with LLL.

Karol